punictunic
Civilian

End game?

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:22 pm

Played the 1776-83 campaign and have captured all the strategic towns highlighted in red on the map screen (could only count 23 in total btw) and held all the victory locations (have checked both repeatedly). Very annoyed when scenario end told me I had won a points victory only. Don't think so. Do you have a patch for this near fatal flaw? (in terms of buying BoA II)

lodilefty

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:16 pm

punictunic wrote:Played the 1776-83 campaign and have captured all the strategic towns highlighted in red on the map screen (could only count 23 in total btw) and held all the victory locations (have checked both repeatedly). Very annoyed when scenario end told me I had won a points victory only. Don't think so. Do you have a patch for this near fatal flaw? (in terms of buying BoA II)

AFAIK, this will not occur in WiA [BoA2].
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Stwa
Colonel

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:55 pm

punictunic wrote:Played the 1776-83 campaign and have captured all the strategic towns highlighted in red on the map screen (could only count 23 in total btw) and held all the victory locations (have checked both repeatedly). Very annoyed when scenario end told me I had won a points victory only. Don't think so. Do you have a patch for this near fatal flaw? (in terms of buying BoA II)

You can also fix this yourself very easily. You will have to modify 4 text strings in your LocalStrings_AGE.csv file locating in the Settings folder of your game. Obviously you can make these strings any text you want.

These strings are the defaults for the game. The ones that do not have VP in their name, ususally indicate profound victory or defeat where the others more or less mean marginal victory or defeat.

There is also a way to use scenario specific strings instead of these (I think).

txt_Win Our efforts were an inspiration. We have achieved a glorious victory.§§Your score: ¤, Opponent score: ¤.
txt_Loose Our efforts were a disapointment, and defeat is certain.§§Your score: ¤, Opponent score: ¤.
txt_LooseVP Our efforts were an inspiration, but defeat is certain.§§Your score: ¤, Opponent score: ¤.
txt_WinVP Our efforts were an inspiration. We have achieved victory.§§Your score: ¤, Opponent score: ¤.

punictunic
Civilian

Smelling the roses...

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:36 pm

If I want to smell the roses I'd walk to the local botanical gardens, pay the entrance fee and sniff away to my hearts content. When I buy a computer game and give up a few precious hours of my life I expect a victory screen not a platitude. It strikes me as sloppy programming nothing more. Will I buy BoA II? - course I will because a lot of thought by the designer/s has gone into it and the competition is so pitiful (Sid Meier's Colonial game an exception). Last point - it isn't about taking life seriously or not, it's about showing enough respect for loyal customers (I have three of your games now) not to fob them off. 0/10 for the response AGEod, very disappointing.

lodilefty

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:55 pm

I apologize if we upset you, but please understand that neither of us replying to you are employees of AGEOD.

We are both 'chronic modders' who volunteer to test and help AGEOD developers.

Having said that, I am certain that we have been working on these Victory Displays and their wording for WIA. If they aren't yet 'right', we'll keep at it.

In my Opinion [NOT official AGEOD]:
BoA is what I call 'supported legacy': severe issues [game crash, doesn't run] will be addressed, but non-critical issues are in the hands of the modding community. Stwa is currently the most active BoA modder, and is trying to help you.

As for any potentially more dramatic end game, I will have to leave that to the developers....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”