jalefkowit
Civilian

Running demo at different resolutions

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:12 am

Hello everyone...

I just downloaded the BoA demo and gave it a spin. It looks great and I had fun playing through the tutorial. However, it seemed like the user interface was taking up a huge amount of the screen -- I could only see a little sliver of the beautiful map at a time.

Is there a way to force the demo to run in a higher resolution? I've clicked around the forums a bit and it seems like there's an "AGESettings" utility that comes with the full game, but not with the demo. Maybe there's somewhere I can download this, or a setting in a configuration file I can change manually?

Thanks!
Jason A. Lefkowitz
http://www.jasonlefkowitz.net

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -- Hunter S. Thompson

Pocus

Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:20 am

Depends, the demo is based on the 1.04 version, so I'm unsure the file is there. If not, then you will have to wait for the new demo with the Grand Campaign to make the changes (will be there within a few days).

Try to check <DemoDir>\BOA\Settings, for a file named Display.opt. Open it with Notepad and change the res to one supported by your screen.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”