eleven_west
Corporal

Unit card Bug

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:16 pm

In my British Campaign (1.13), double clicking on an indian leader or unit details card will cause a crash

This doesn't happen in 1.09b (I made a separate install to verify this).

Uninstalling completely, deleting all files and reinstalling to 1.13 doesn't fix this.

I attach error logs I found in my logs folder. Please help
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

PJJ
Captain

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:54 pm

I just installed BoA again after finding out about the latest patch. I started a brand new French and Indian War Campaign as the French, and immediately noticed the same problem when clicking Indian units for extra details. The error logs seem to be identical.

I also noticed that my BoA desktop shortcut icon is now the same as Napoleon's Campaigns. :8o:

Version 1.12 didn't have these problems, nor did any of the earlier ones. BoA has been a remarkably bug free game for me (with a couple exceptions), but this latest patch seems to have terribly broken something.

Bruit Bleu

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:08 pm

I met the same issue in another scenario when clicking on Chief Brandt, and mailed it to the support.

The !Main_log.txt says (repeatedly) that 3 "Special Orders" bmp images are missing...

If I am right... :rolleyes:
One of them [SIZE="1"](SO_Destruct_OFF.bmp)[/size] seems to be in its correct folder [SIZE="1"](\BoA\Graphics\FrontEnd\Regiments Panel\)[/size], but the other two [SIZE="1"](SO_Combine_OFF.bmp & SO_NoLandBomb_OFF.bmp)[/size] seem to be used only in ACW.
I tried to fix it by myself, but I can't find where theses image files are "asked" by the engine.

Anyway, maybe the crash occurs for other reasons than missing pictures...

-
C'est d'accord, j'attendrai sagement qu'un fix soit publié... :nuts:

Pocus

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Sorry gents, this will be fixed very soon, juste after the 25th I think. The 1.13 legacy patch received a massive amount of upgrades, as the previous one was more than 6 months old, add that only a few people in the BOA / BOA2 internal forums are still active, and we surely missed some things.

But hey, the team is still around and will fix these bugs, before 2008 :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

eleven_west
Corporal

Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:13 pm

Thank you for your support - it takes a lot of confidence to promise solutions before 2008 as it's only a week away.. I hope you're as good in your promises as your games are!!

BTW I've seen many people asking about the shortcut - the simplest way to change the Napoleon image back to the BOA is to manually change the icon back to the standard icon in the BOA cd :

With the BOA cd in the drive : Right click on the shortcut>properties>change icon>browse to the cd drive where the BOA disk is and select the original icon. Et voila.

Merry Xmas everyone!!

PJJ
Captain

Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:43 am

Great news! This is why I like Ageod so much; they don't just make excellent wargames, they also provide excellent support to their products. :coeurs:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”