pgr
General of the Army

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:41 am

I sent out Skibear's e-mail by PM to the people playing him. Any success in contacting the fella?

pgr
General of the Army

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Gray Fox has officially confirmed his departure.

Has Dobbins1 or Skibear started any of their games? Illustrated_Man is currently the back up for Dobbins1. If dobbins1 is activly playing, I will place Illustrated Man in Gray Fox's old spot.

Also, Lindi and I have decided to double host our match (as in each player alternates hosting the turn). If you are in a game that has the players but no host, and you both agree, I have no problem with one of the two players hosting (or the match being played by double hosting).

Finally, if your game is listed as Not started on the top of the thread, please post when you start so I can update the status of your match.

havi
Colonel

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 pm

no contact of ski bear or jagdflug=/

Ace

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:44 am

If I may notice, I 've been erased from the pool A instead of Gray Fox :)

But this is not the reason for my post. I wanted to suggest a change in the group stage pairings. So far, these are the players that have shown up to the tournament (if I interpreted the above posts correctly, so no Gray Fox, Jagdfluger, dobbins1, Ski bear).

Pool A:
Ace
Citizen X
Guru94

Pool B:
Planefinder
Highland Charge
FelixZ

Pool C:
Jim-NC
Lindi
Pgr

Pool D:
Liberty Bell
Havi
moni kerr

Since the purpose of the group stage is to fill out playoff spots, here is my proposal. Why don't we put all remaining 12 players to one group, with the players who have not started their matches pairing against each other. Out of this group, top 8 could advance to the quarters. All previous AACW tournaments have been plagued by long duration. This would shorten it a bit.

pgr
General of the Army

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:02 am

Ace wrote:If I may notice, I 've been erased from the pool A instead of Gray Fox :)

But this is not the reason for my post. I wanted to suggest a change in the group stage pairings. So far, these are the players that have shown up to the tournament (if I interpreted the above posts correctly, so no Gray Fox, Jagdfluger, dobbins1, Ski bear).

Pool A:
Ace
Citizen X
Guru94

Pool B:
Planefinder
Highland Charge
FelixZ

Pool C:
Jim-NC
Lindi
Pgr

Pool D:
Liberty Bell
Havi
moni kerr

Since the purpose of the group stage is to fill out playoff spots, here is my proposal. Why don't we put all remaining 12 players to one group, with the players who have not started their matches pairing against each other. Out of this group, top 8 could advance to the quarters. All previous AACW tournaments have been plagued by long duration. This would shorten it a bit.

Got you back in Ace! Of the top of my head, we have been having problems with Gray, Dobbins1, Skibear, and Jagdfluger. Which works out pretty well because that is 1 for each group. The challenge is going to be keeping the games going that have started, while setting up a new paring for the folks that loose a match. PM me Ace, and we'll set up a revised matchup list.

Guru94
Corporal

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:28 pm

I was able to contact dobbins1 via e-mail yesterday. He is back in.

Ace

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 pm

In the last minute :)

I just proposed pgr a new schedule with new group matches without Gray, Jagdfluger, Ski bear and dobbins1.

Can Lindi and Jim confirm that they started their matches with dobbins?

Liberty Bell
Captain

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:43 pm

I agree with Ace. Let's make a new start. Simplify and force communication. How about one game at the time (just one leg) and one turn every day. Or something less complex. I don't know :)

I want to play now :thumbsup:

Ace

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 pm

I just got confirmation from Lindi that dobbins has not yet contacted him (and he is his host).

That is not the way to participate in the tournament. So, I would like pgr to consider my revised list I have sent him, with 12 active players grouped into 4 groups (basically the same groups as now, but without unresponsive players). And each group having 3 participants with 2 matches played. Top 2 from each group advancing to the next stage (only the last player in the group does not continue the tournament).

If he approves it, he will post the changes. The bottom line is every started match is continuing as nothing has happened.

Guru94
Corporal

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:00 pm

dobbins is not answering my e-mails at the moment and none of his games did start yet. So I would say we play with the new list.

Ace

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I think that is for the best. If someone is not active at the beginning, imagine how it will be in a month. So pgr, out with the new matches. I think I should be playing Guru94 in my second match :)

pgr
General of the Army

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 pm

The revised pools are now posted. there are new games for those players who had blocked games. Please let me know when your games start. The new elemination bracket is being developed.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Got no mail from dobbins yet.

I think we simply fill up with the waiting list. Some matches have started already and if any are on a winning edge already that would be unfair. (Not me so far as I can see :) )
"I am here already.", said the hedgehog to the hare.

Ace

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 pm

All matches that have started are being continued

FelixZ
Major

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Having difficulty in obtaining Havi's email. Would appreciate if anyone would send to me via PM.

Highlandcharge

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:10 pm

The Pool D match of Moni Kerr(USA) v Havi(CSA) has been started...

FelixZ
Major

Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:21 pm

And the Pool D match between Havi (USA) and Liberty Bell (CSA) is also underway.

Good luck to all.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Pool C Lindi (USA) vs Jim-NC (CSA) Host: Citizen X

started

charlesonmission

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:03 am

Will there be status reports like last time?

Charles

planefinder
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:40 am

Pgr - a quick update - turn 1 for LibertyBell vs. monikerr has now been completed and returned to the combatants. That match is fully underway.

Ace

Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:56 am

charlesonmission wrote:Will there be status reports like last time?

Charles

Once first few turns are complete, I strongly encourage each host to write a short report on how each game is going.

Jim-NC (USA) vs pgr (CSA) (Trn 5 played out)
Overall, Jim is doing well, slowly pushing towards Corinth and Memphis with the Army of Tennessee. But, Jim got careless a little and tried to repeat history with Butler landing at New Orleans. But, pgr obviously had the knowledge of historic errors his historic counterparts did, and has prepared accordingly.
[ATTACH]27092[/ATTACH]

Given the scale of this defeat, US is actually in a good situation VP wise, and still has the chance to recuperate.
[ATTACH]27093[/ATTACH]
Prior to this turn, US had virtually no losses at all, maybe that is why he got careless.
Attachments
2014-03-28_062445.jpg
2014-03-28_062637.jpg

Lindi
General

Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Pgr(USA)-- Lindi (CSA) Late Feb.

The USA take few small city.

But the South take and defence the city "Springfield"and in same time he take "Nashville" with sneaky move

[ATTACH]27097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27096[/ATTACH]
Attachments
photo3.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo1.JPG

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:48 am

I would prefer not having possible strategies being revealed here.

FelixZ
Major

Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Citizen X wrote:I would prefer not having possible strategies being revealed here.

Am in agreement - but it does force us into devising new ideas.

Highlandcharge

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Would battle reports being posted be ok with everyone?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:11 pm

In both my games I had developments that, so I presume and guess, would have been going in another fashion, had it not been for the battle reports being posted here. I wouldn't yell at anybody posting reults and such here but go figure if really need be. Maybe without pictures and names of generals? Just two sentences of the overall standing?

Guru94
Corporal

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Citizen X wrote:In both my games I had developments that, so I presume and guess, would have been going in another fashion, had it not been for the battle reports being posted here. I wouldn't yell at anybody posting reults and such here but go figure if really need be. Maybe without pictures and names of generals? Just two sentences of the overall standing?

I guess you mean your preparations of an attack on Nasville I revealed that Lindi also reported about in his little AAR. I can assure you that I did not consider that as an option for the South because of the AAR. I played quite a few pbem games in the old AACW and know a lot of options for the Confederates in the west that of course work in CW2 also.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Pool C Dobbins1 (USA) vs Jim-NC (CSA): Host Citizen X running

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Guru94 wrote:I guess you mean your preparations of an attack on Nasville I revealed that Lindi also reported about in his little AAR. I can assure you that I did not consider that as an option for the South because of the AAR. I played quite a few pbem games in the old AACW and know a lot of options for the Confederates in the west that of course work in CW2 also.

No :)

FelixZ
Major

Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Havi has withdrawn and has been replaced by Skibear. The games will be continuing from the latest .hst file.

Pool B planefinder(USA) vs FelixZ(CSA) Skibear(Host)
Pool D moni kerr(USA) vs Skibear(CSA) Highlandcharge(Host)
Pool D Skibear(USA) vs Liberty Bell(CSA) FelixZ(host)

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”