John Sedgwick
Colonel

Kolchak seeks Lenin and possibly Denikin for GC or SC

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:58 am

Looking for a Red opponent and possibly a Southern White partner for a Grand Campaign or Short Campaign, your choice - I've heard the Grand Campaign may be unbalanced in favour of the Whites if they recognize the independence of minor states, however I have no intention of recognizing them (it all belongs to Mother Russia!) and will readily accept this as a house rule if desired.

I prefer historical leader stats and attrition, medium battle delay, normal activation penalties/shipping rules, etc., although this is open for discussion. Interested parties should be able to play one turn per day, but I'm not a stickler for turns as long as you can manage at least a few per week.

Reply here or by private message, or you can email me at jmaxj@yahoo.com
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Philo32b
Captain

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 am

Yes, to pick up from the other thread, I would be interested to play the Reds. I haven't played the short campaign, but I am fairly familiar with the Kolchak Campaign and the Grand Campaign. If I was to give a preference between the Short and Grand Campaign, I would go with the Grand (with your house rule of not recognizing the minor states).

I like all your options, but I was wondering if you would be willing to choose the no activation penalty option? With the Reds' almost completely horrible generals, I expect it to be a disaster to play humans with 2-0-0 generals with activation on.

Does this sound OK with you, John Sedgwick?

bob., you mentioned you would be interested in playing the Southern Whites? How does all this sound to you?

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 am

I've never played with activation penalties off, but I'm all right with that if the other feller is. I haven't played Kolchak's Coup or the Siberians before in PBEM but I'd like to give that campaign a try.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm up for whatever side, preferably the People's Soviets and not the oppressors of the proletariat.

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks for the reply le Anders! We may already have all positions filled, but I'll send you a PM if anything changes. I prefer to play the anti-Bolshevik crusaders so if you're interested in a PBEM at a later date I'll keep you in mind.

Philo32b
Captain

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:10 am

We are still in need of a Southern White player to start our RUS game--the player who initially wanted to play is not able to.

schmolywar
Private

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 am

Philo32b
Captain

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Excellent--thank you, Schmolywar. I will pm you the details to see if you are interested.

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”