Kensai

[PON] Conflict in Europe - Massive Multiplayer - PLAYERS NEEDED

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 am

This is a thread to advertise open slots (nations) for our 24-potential-nation multiplayer game in Pride of Nations: Conflict in Europe (actually a misnomer as we have expanded in all the world!)

For the moment we have some players that play two countries at the same time and some open slots for major nations (Italy, Ottoman Empire) that can profit from a dedicated human player. If you feel you want some real challenge in a long-term one-turn-per-day AGEOD title, feel free to join us by replying to this thread. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

youkali
Conscript

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:54 am

I'm pretty noob, Kensai, but interested. What's available? Thanks! Youkali

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:02 am

youkali wrote:I'm pretty noob, Kensai, but interested. What's available? Thanks! Youkali

The OE, Egypt (you could probably play both if you wanted), China, Portugal, Argentina, Chile. Think that's it.

Ooops:

Denmark, Greece and Colombia too.

youkali
Conscript

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

I'll try the Sublime Port, aka Sick Man of Europe. And Egypt too, if that works. Is there a thread with the ground rules and procedure. I'm playing 1.03. Thanks!

Having read the relevant threads, I think I'll pass. Based on how Germany has treated Egypt and HM Government the OE, I think they're both best played by the AI. (Not to mention no diplomats for??)

As a suggestion RE the neutrals blocking in a war zone, I suggest a "simple" fix. Belligerents can attack such neutral units w/o CB--mistaken identity, friendly fire, etc. If they do attack, the neutral would then have a CB on the attacker. If the neutral doesn't declare, nothing else happens but the combat result.

Kensai

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:07 am

The Ottoman Empire is a "major" nation (scripted by the designers) so in theory it has a potential to win this game. It is still too early to draw definite conclusion as we're only in 1876. If you change your mind let us know. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:44 am

I'm a complete novice at PON, but I have a lot of experience from RUS, and I'd like to learn. Can I join? I'll play basically anything playable.

Kensai

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Of course you can. Let me tell you some more things about our game. We've been playing for almost 2 (!!) years now and the game's pace is set to one-turn-per-day given that all of us are on different time zones. In the past we had players from Japan through Europe to California, so playing 1 turn each day is ideal for everyone to have time to review his state and submit orders, no matter what. Our turn deadline is 21:00 CET at the moment. We use a common Dropbox folder with various service subfolders to exchange the processed turns and upload the orders. We play a custom patched game with some alterations (more info in the Details file if you still want to join) so if you continue to play single-player and do not want to lose the changes there I suggest you make a second instance of the game (reinstall or clone it in a different folder).

Both major (scripted) and minor (non scripted) nations are possible from the 24-gamut we have. You might want in the beginning to simply load the turn and see what's available. I believe the game pace is so relaxed this multiplayer is completely compatible with real life obligations and/or other multiplayer game commitments. All in all, we have our slow times (where all are in peace and nothing happens) but we also have our furious times (and we even argue here in the forums).

As I said, more details inside. I believe if youkali doesn't want to play the Ottomans it's a good opportunity for you to join with this nation. If things are too slow for your liking you can choose two nations (if they are compatible).
Großdeutschland Mod

razorback77
Private

Thu May 02, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Kensai,

are you still looking for someone for a small country.
I would like to give it a try, I'm quite a newbie but have experience with other ageod title ROP BOR AJE ACW.
Let me know if you still need someone and what are the rules.

Thanks
Stef

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 1:08 pm

razorback77 wrote:Hi Kensai,

are you still looking for someone for a small country.
I would like to give it a try, I'm quite a newbie but have experience with other ageod title ROP BOR AJE ACW.
Let me know if you still need someone and what are the rules.

Thanks
Stef

Same here. So far only played single player ( OE until 1900 ) and would like to play to learn the traits of MP in PON.
"I am here already.", said the hedgehog to the hare.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey guys! Wed love to have you both. All of the listed nations are still available. Who do you each want?

Obviously the OE/Egypt is the most exciting choice. China would also be fun, they're involved in a big war with Japan right now.

Kensai

Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Everyone is welcome. Please send to one of us a PM (private message) with a gaming email so we can set you up with an invitation in our Dropbox game folder. The only (last) requirement is that you accept the house rules before you submit your first orders.
Großdeutschland Mod

razorback77
Private

Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm

China would be fine for me if nobody else want it.
I just need to have a look at the situation and study a bit the first turns.

Kensai

Tue May 07, 2013 10:49 am

Citizen X has joined our Dropbox. Citizen, let us know of your nation choice. :)
Großdeutschland Mod

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Tue May 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Kensai wrote:Citizen X has joined our Dropbox. Citizen, let us know of your nation choice. :)

I need some hints on decision making here.

I have downloaded the trn for Colombia and Ottoman Empire and study the situation. Without going into detail I believe that OE is screwed for good.

Colombia on the other hand appears quite well in shape, comparatively. But only recieves less the 8 recruts each turn.

Maybe the time to jump into lowly developed countries has passed already. Nonetheless I issued some orders for both countries and would keep doing so for a couple of turns to give it a try and to get a feel for it and see if the gap can be closed at all.

Provided you folks agree to such an arrangement.

This is just a proposal of course, to speed things up, included the submitted files. If I am too fast here, they can be deleted.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue May 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Citizen X wrote:I need some hints on decision making here.

I have downloaded the trn for Colombia and Ottoman Empire and study the situation. Without going into detail I believe that OE is screwed for good.

Colombia on the other hand appears quite well in shape, comparatively. But only recieves less the 8 recruts each turn.

Maybe the time to jump into lowly developed countries has passed already. Nonetheless I issued some orders for both countries and would keep doing so for a couple of turns to give it a try and to get a feel for it and see if the gap can be closed at all.

Provided you folks agree to such an arrangement.

That seems fine.

The OE situation happened as a result of the previous GB player being hyper aggressive and kind of crazy and launching a massive attack against the OE just to gain some desert land, with Russian assistance. The OE had to buy off
Russia with a ton of land just to get some protection. Which may have been a bad choice, in retrospect.

But Russia has decided to return that land to the OE now so that the events of 1877-1878 can go ahead. So the OE may be a little less screwed than you think.

At any rate, even if they are in a relatively bad position they should still be more fun to play than Colombia. The OE is at least a regional power, with a fairly strong army, good allies in Persia, a long friendship with Germany and with the UK now being controlled by a responsible player, there's no threat there. In fact it's possible that the UK would be a useful friend for the OE. Austria too, which I control, though having some F10 objectives in the OE, has been friendly with the Porte over the last few years.

And the OE's not actually in any worse shape that they really were after the 1877-78 war with Russia. Even at their worst they're still a fairly powerful nation in a key area of the map with plenty of opportunity for expansion and plenty of potential allies.

So the situation with the OE probably isn't quite as bad as you think it is.

Since I controlled the OE for a long while, fairly recently, I'd probably be the best one to talk to about their situation. Pm me if you have any questions or for a more detailed strategic assessment. If you want a strategic assessment/history from someone whose nation doesn't share a border with you and have F10 objectives in your land then Kensai, Sir Garnet or perhaps Jim-NC would be the people to ask.

btw, I really don't recommend playing Colombia. I tried it for a few turns a while back and was bored out of my skull. They're rich, but there's nothing to spend the money on and no real opportunities for expansion.

I think you'd find Argentina or Chile much more interesting. I'm controlling Chile as as second nation now, Argentina is ai controlled.

Jim-NC

Tue May 07, 2013 5:36 pm

It's the same for most of the minor-minor powers, they don't really have armies/navies, and their turns are over really quickly for the most part. The OE has some choices to be made. Britain fought against the OE (plus coalition of Germany, Austria, Italy, Russia, and Egypt), and lost (this was in 1874). So the OE gained back some territory it had lost. With the right kind of alliances/wars, territory can be gained (Austria just won several colonies from Italy for example).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 am

Ok. I am taking both (Colombia and OE) for the next game year. Then we will look further.

As the OE is really in the cellar, I request permission for a bit contemplorary playing.

That arrangement ok with everybody?

Jim-NC

Wed May 08, 2013 11:14 am

What do you mean by contemplorary playing?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed May 08, 2013 11:28 am

Jim-NC wrote:What do you mean by contemplorary playing?

Bringing Colombia under the screen of the OEs defence treaties in exchange for right of passage and a commerce treaty, that allows for the Ottomans to exploit some of the Colombian resources. So the Ottoman economy can be brought up a bit faster and Colombis doesnt have too much fear of facing a war over Panama in the near future.

I exclude any help in aggressional acts, whatever sort or any exploit that might be possible beyond and above the said purposes. Its meant only to help get going.

This can be fixed ingame by treaties.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed May 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Citizen X wrote:Bringing Colombia under the screen of the OEs defence treaties in exchange for right of passage and a commerce treaty, that allows for the Ottomans to exploit some of the Colombian resources. So the Ottoman economy can be brought up a bit faster and Colombis doesnt have too much fear of facing a war over Panama in the near future.

I exclude any help in aggressional acts, whatever sort or any exploit that might be possible beyond and above the said purposes. Its meant only to help get going.

This can be fixed ingame by treaties.

You need to play the two countries independently of each other. As if they had different players controlling them with different goals in mind. We want to avoid having two countries working closely together, controlled by the same human player.

Kensai

Wed May 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Citizen X, what bjfagan said. It is in our house rules as well. Obviously, as time goes by, you can relax yourself and not be afraid of interacting them (in some way) but you should always look for the best of your individual countries. The Ottoman Empire can actually go back to normality pretty soon with careful play, do not worry, there is no need to hurry things.

As we always say... this is a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY long game (we've been playing for almost 2 years now!) there is no need to rush anything. Good luck! :)
Großdeutschland Mod

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Fri May 17, 2013 6:15 pm

I got the game in the mail today and would like to know what countries are available. The only experience I have is playing the demo, so something small and/or unimportant would be appropriate for the time being, but I may want to switch countries later when I am more experienced. I do have lots of experience in multiplayer EU3 in case that helps. I signed up at dropbox.com, if you need my email address to invite me to your dropbox, it's olegkis(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Are any Balkan minors available?

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat May 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Thank you Nemethand for inviting me to the dropbox. I cannot access my forum inbox, maybe because I have not posted enough yet. So please use my email address in the previous post if you need to contact me. I know that there's something in my forum inbox but I get the following when I try to access it:

Jonathan Pollard, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat May 18, 2013 9:25 pm

I'll try Persia, assuming nobody else wants it. If a human Serbia or Wallachia would make for a more interesting game for the rest of you, I could take one of those as a second country. I tried to load the China .trn file but it did not show up on the list of available save games. I would consider switching Persia for China, but maybe China is not a good country for a noob. But maybe a noob would do a better job than the AI for China?

Also, I don't understand completely the meaning of "All files are in "Game Files" folder this should be copied over the installed game patched to 1.03c. If you have applied any of the quick fixes before it doesn't matter. This is now required for ALL players." I installed the game, patched to 1.03, then added the 1.03d hotfix. Does this mean that I need to get rid of the 1.03d hotfix, patch to 1.03c, copy the files in the 'game files' folder, and then add the 1.03d hotfix? Or does 1.03d include 1.03c, so that I can copy the files without worrying about 1.03c?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Persia's already taken actually. I think the list of available countries is

China
Denmark
Argentina
Chile

We hadn't added any of the Balkan countries to be human playable and I'm guessing you wouldn't really want to play, say Serbia, as it's a one province nation that's on the hitlist of Austria and perhaps Russia.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat May 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Are you sure Persia is taken? I haven't seen any PER.ord files in my dropbox, although this could mean that the guy playing Persia is away on vacation and letting the AI do his turns temporarily. If Persia is taken, I'll probably bite the bullet and try China, although I'll have to figure out how to get its .trn file to show up in the list of saves.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Jonathan Pollard wrote:Are you sure Persia is taken? I haven't seen any PER.ord files in my dropbox, although this could mean that the guy playing Persia is away on vacation and letting the AI do his turns temporarily. If Persia is taken, I'll probably bite the bullet and try China, although I'll have to figure out how to get its .trn file to show up in the list of saves.

Yeah, Savoyard plays Persia. He disappears for a while at times but he always pops back up. I'm guessing he wouldn't be happy if we give Persia away :)

You could probably have Portugal too if that interests you. Sir Garnet plays them as his second nation. He'd probably be willing to give them up.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat May 18, 2013 11:52 pm

OK, I'll give China a try, I figured out how to load its .trn file.

Crixdaz
Sergeant

Wed May 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi everybody, I have some experience in single player and I wish to join this game. Thanks ;)

Kensai

Wed May 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Hello Crixdaz! Send us a PM with a gaming mail so we can invite you to take a look at the current game!
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”