bk6583
Lieutenant

Naval Strategy Question - Again

Thu May 15, 2008 12:47 pm

I've put in a fair number of hours now playing this game, primarily as the Union. In this, my third 1861 full campaign (now in summer 1864 as Union) I decided for the first time to see what the CSA side looked like. I was surprised (shock might be too strong a word) to see the CSA with ample war supply and money (conscripts of course being in the very low double digits) - this in spite of a ton of blockade flotillas I'd built as the Union. I had the blockade box at 60% and had also blockaded Charleston, Savanna, and Mobile (New Orleans having been captured by Union). Makes me wonder why I spent all that money on blockade flotillas - am I missing something here? At 84 grand a pop for a blockade flotilla, seems like I can spend it better on other reinforcements.

anarchyintheuk
Lieutenant

Thu May 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Depends on your settings I think. As you noticed the CSA AI usually has money and ws to spare but little in the way of conscripts. Sometimes it starts to invest in a large navy.

Playing the AI I build a fleet and attempt a blockade regardless of its effectiveness, just because it was done historically.

Pocus

Fri May 16, 2008 6:41 am

was the game started in 1.10? Before, the AI build too many militias, thus draining too much conscripts compared to WS intensive units. A possible explaination.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Clovis

Fri May 16, 2008 8:05 am

Pocus wrote:was the game started in 1.10? Before, the AI build too many militias, thus draining too much conscripts compared to WS intensive units. A possible explaination.

Something I noticed too. When financial options become active again, the AI is generally picking a first in the turn then a second the next trun.

Unfortunatly, it recruits volunteers on the first turn too, so with less much money than therocally possible.

Then I persist to thing WSU starting level to be far too high. AS CSA you never have really to worry about WS production and rely on importations
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”