gbs
Colonel

More Division questions...

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:29 pm

In Jan 63 in my game I can no longer form divisions. The roster shows I have 17 so I assume I have reached a limit because assets is not the issue. I wish I could find somewhere where it tells just how many I can have now.
Question: I have Pemberton as a division commander. Can't form new divisions so I want to replace him with Wharton who I feel is a better commander. I undo Pembertons division thinking this frees one up. It still will not let me make Wharton a division elligable commander. It will let me reform with Pemberton so I remake the division with him. Once a general is a division commander, can he not be fired and a new one made??? I could be going about this all wrong.
Also, When will my division limit increase? Can't find that either. The Yankees are killing me in the west!

arsan

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:56 pm

The pop-up message that you get when you hove your mouse over the "form division" button tells you how many divisions you have deployed and what its the max number you are allowed.
About the Pemberton/Wharton issue...maybe you have to wait to the next turn for the division slot being free? just guessing...
Cheers

Franciscus

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi, gbs.

About your problem, I will say 2 probably obvious things:
- In that time of the game (63) the limit to # divisions for CSA should be already 24, I think. So, maybe you do not have the sufficient assets (money, WS...) to form new divisions (remember that it is not obvious if you really have them or not, but this will apparently improve in the next patch (Pocus dixit))
- Is Wharton innactive ? or embbeded in a brigade or commanding another force ?

Hope this helps

(a little OT: did reducing Memusage helped with your graphics problems ?)

gbs
Colonel

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:33 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hi, gbs.

About your problem, I will say 2 probably obvious things:
- In that time of the game (63) the limit to # divisions for CSA should be already 24, I think. So, maybe you do not have the sufficient assets (money, WS...) to form new divisions (remember that it is not obvious if you really have them or not, but this will apparently improve in the next patch (Pocus dixit))
- Is Wharton innactive ? or embbeded in a brigade or commanding another force ?

Hope this helps

(a little OT: did reducing Memusage helped with your graphics problems ?)

I have $, men, and supplies all in the high 200s and none proposed for use in other things for the next turn. Also it is not just Wharton. I have tried to form a division with every other none used General just to check this. No good. I also have checked for turn after turn after turn. No good.

Wharton is active (white envelope) and standing alone in Granada, Miss.

Somethings rotten in Denmark.

Pocus

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:09 pm

what the tooltip says about max # and in field #?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

gbs
Colonel

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:58 pm

When I move the cursor over the form division button (which is Grayed out) it says, "You can't enable Division command for this leader, all of your 0 divisions are on the field. This applies to all leaders that are active and unused. I am now in early March 63 and the roster shows 16 divisions and at the bottom "1-16, 18".

Pocus

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:50 pm

Is it an old game, pre 1.05? For older games you can't use the new rule.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

gbs
Colonel

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi Pocus, I just started a new game after downloading 1.05c and I am 7 turns into the April 81 game and I am getting the exact same message. I'm suspecting a corrupted file in there somewhere. Do you think I should delete the game file and reinstall. None of my games are working anyway. And yes I was playing under 1.05.

gbs
Colonel

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:23 pm

I hope I get some advice here as I am at a stand still.

Pocus

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:09 am

Primasprites advices are very good:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=36089#post36089

First check you have not the key RemoveDivHq = 0 in the config file. Then check the sct file he is speaking about.

PJL
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:02 pm

Another question about divisional formation costs -are they incurred BEFORE the planned production / income is done for the turn or afterwards. For example if I have 5 WS currently in stock but say 40 can be produced this turn, but have 3 divisions that still have to be formed, then I can only build 1 division or all 3 (assuming I have enough of the other items already in stock and all other conditions are met).

Since the planned figures are already included in the totals at the bottom of the various reinforcement / replacement / economy screens etc, this will make it even more difficult to work out if divisional costs are subtracted before production increases. If this is the case, then either they should be subtracted after the production increase, or everything else should be subtracted before the production increase and only show current stocks.

Pocus

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:50 am

the cost is impacted after all costs. So if you are too tight on your budget, you will get divisions but with penalties.

robphx387
Conscript

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:42 am

When should the USA/CSA be allowed to form divisions? I played as the confederates and Won in Jan of 62 without a single division and assumed it was because i didn't get to the unlock time. . . However in my Union game, i was under the impression I start able to field Divisions. It is Winter of 61 and every turn I've clicked the button (not grayed out) to form divisions with anywhere from just one eligilbe general, to as many as ten different ones from 1-2 stars. I was able to form a new army when the game disbanded my first one in an event or something, but as of yet have still got zero divisions, and the option to form a corps is grayed out also. What am I doing wrong?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:50 pm

You should be eligible to form Divisions after October 61 and Corps after March 62. I figure you've done everything else advised in this 6+ year old thread that I would advise? So you click on a General, you click the "form division" button which works and then Cntl click all the brigades to add elements to the Division, but this doesn't work?

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”