UnionBlue
Private

Playing my hand at modding

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:07 am

So I've been playing around with the game files, changing the force pools, the amount of units in the starting armies but I've been struggling with changing the amount of elements in a recruitable unit. I am wondering if anyone has successfully done this and would be willing to fill me in. In the meantime i'll keep playing around with it and if I find a way to do it i'll let you all know.
"We'll fight them, sir, 'til hell freezes over, and then, sir, we will fight them on the ice."
A Confederate soldier at Gettysburg

UnionBlue
Private

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 am

Update: on another front I was able to change the depot to a city, so that I could really build a city with the build depot order. With a minor change in the game data file (changing the depot.png to city.png) with this you can build a city anywhere on the map and therefore forts in any region, need to build a depot again? well just change it back. Quick and easy.

Edit: remember if trying this I can't promise it will work for you, always save the original.
"We'll fight them, sir, 'til hell freezes over, and then, sir, we will fight them on the ice."

A Confederate soldier at Gettysburg

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”