Stoneage
Private

Vista compatibility

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:50 am

I noticed that the manual does not mention Vista in the list of operating systems. I know that BOA is Vista compatible, please can the developers or beta testers confirm that ACW will work with Vista.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:04 am

One of the Beta tester was running AACW on Vista.

As far as I remember, he had only one problem when exiting the game with a missing DLL (fixed).

But Pocus and Franck will surely be able to tell you more.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Stoneage
Private

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:11 am

Korrigan wrote:One of the Beta tester was running AACW on Vista.

As far as I remember, he had only one problem when exiting the game with a missing DLL (fixed).

But Pocus and Franck will surely be able to tell you more.

Thanks for the quick response. I m really looking forward to this game the ACW has been an obsession with me since I was a child (I always wanted to play with the toy soldiers in the gray uniforms). I think the facination stems from the fact that although the confederacy was hopelessly outmatched they appear to have achieved a best case scenario with the resources they possessed.

frank7350
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:19 am

I ran the game in Vista... As Korrigan said, one minor problem re: a file, but I don't believe it effected gameplay at all. Instead, I received an error message after exiting AACW. It was an easy fix as well, just a matter of dl'ing the "missing" file, and moving it to the AACW file.

I don't know if this problem will occur for all Vista users, or is limited by version, etc. But if you have a problem, pls post, I'll fwd you the link for the file that I needed. If its another file, I'm sure Pocus will have a fix for you in less then 4 minutes :)

Pocus

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:49 pm

We will post a thread on that in the Armory Forum, as I expect people to get this exit message on Vista, until we find a way to add the file without being prosecuted to death by the men in suit cases of Microsoft.

The 'fun' thing about that is that the DLL is not delivered in Vista, but for now we can't add it ourselves, or we would be in trial with Microsoft for distributing a file they own!!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Generalisimo

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Pocus wrote:We will post a thread on that in the Armory Forum, as I expect people to get this exit message on Vista, until we find a way to add the file without being prosecuted to death by the men in suit cases of Microsoft.

The 'fun' thing about that is that the DLL is not delivered in Vista, but for now we can't add it ourselves, or we would be in trial with Microsoft for distributing a file they own!!

Have you contacted Microsoft support?
Maybe they can provide you a solution?
(yeah, i know, we are talking about Micro$oft :tournepas )
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Pocus

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:22 pm

yes there is one, we must file a query to their customer service requesting (and justifying) why we want this file. This will be done, at least this don't cost anything but time!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hell Patrol
Lieutenant

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:37 pm

FYI: I get the error message on exiting(Vista)...i don't notice any problems so far. I will keep you posted.

Pocus

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:01 pm

We will post a link in the armory forum with the DLL to retrieve from Microsoft, until we get their formal authorization to distribute it.

Stoneage
Private

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:06 pm

I have also got the exit message but you can simply ignore it so I am not bothered. Apart from that no problems at all playing the first tutorial.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”