Q-Tips
Conscript

Why a huge boom in conscription?

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi, i am newbie to this forum and the game as well.

After spending some time getting to know the basics of the game, i started a grand game as the confederate. I started very offensive and captured several cities with the first 3 turns. Among them Alexandria.
Alexandria seemed to be a big blow for the Union, as they constantly attacked me there for a year with big loss of men. But i have now come to a point where i lost Alexandria. In one turn they had 3 attacks with huge strengths. It resulted in my army retreaded to Manassas with a loss of 32 000 men. All of my men managed to retreat without anyone surrendering. My main army sitting in Alexandria came relatively ok away without huge loss, while aiding corps coming to the battle suffered strongly with several injured generals.

Now that the turn is over, i am suddently sitting here with more than 1000 conscription points. I should have only had around 50. I cant see any information about why. And there have been no declining in my reinforcement pool either. Does anyone know why?

By the way, even when loosing Alexandria, it was totally worth it. I still stand strong while union had heavy losses about 2.5 compared to the confed's loss. And after all its just a small city i didnt have from beginning.

Jim-NC

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Welcome to the forums. :wavey:

Did you choose one of the options? Like draft or call for volunteers? That would have given you the dramatic increase in CS (conscript) points.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Q-Tips
Conscript

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:19 pm

No, i have 6 turns left. And even an draft or call for volunteers would not give me that many conscripts.
I am wondering if injured generals have something to do with it, as their forces are gone?

Q-Tips
Conscript

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Or could there have been som imprisson exchance, even tough i havent asked for it?

Jim-NC

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:37 am

IIRC, some conscript points are returned from losses sustained in battle. But 1,000 seems a bit much. In a little while you can post the game turn where this happened, and someone can look into it. I say a little while, as you need a minimum time here, and a minimum # of posts to upload your save game (it will be a few days).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Q-Tips
Conscript

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks, Jim.
I figured it out. This is the reason. I lost two corps during the battle of Alexandria and also had som loss in Kentucky during that turn. So its probably the reason. I kept an eye on this while i played along, and i can see that it is when corps leaders get injured and the corps dispand that i get mutch conscripts. Make sense, since many soldiers who survived would still be fit for fight even tough their corps are gone.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”