godfather
Private

Increasing conscript companies?

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:28 am

How do I go about increasing my conscript companies amount?

Jim-NC

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 pm

You get Conscript companies (CS) two ways:

1. Certain cities give you CS points each turn(there is usually 1 city per state which gives them, and by hovering over it you can see how many it gives you). This is a small steady stream of CS points. You can add generals with the ?recruiter? tag to get more CS points. There are several USA generals who can do this, Banks, Burnside (I think), McClernand (I think), but only 1 CSA general (you get him in 1863 IIRC).
2. Political options - you can call for volunteers and/or draft. You can cycle between different options on the screen. So for example there is the default "call for volunteers", but you can also pay a $1,000 or $2,000 bounty to get more CS points. The same with the draft, you can either "partial draft" or "full draft". These options reset twice a year (so you can call for volunteers up to twice per year, or draft twice a year. This is where you get your main armies from. You will note that troop raising comes in waves, and this is due to the twice a year for draft/volunteer options.

Is this what you were looking for?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

planefinder
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Don't forget national morale. Higher NM = higher conscript production, war supply and general supply.

godfather
Private

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:16 am

Answers my question thanks!!

colonel hurst
Corporal

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:05 pm

When playing as the USA, you will be given a large amount of volunteer brigades that have 2 militia and one light infantry. The militia will eventually become conscript infantry and then regular infantry. You can speed up the second part of the process by placing these units in a stack that includes a training officer. The generals with that trait can train two elements of conscripts to line infantry per turn.

I like to set up two training camps a little ways behind the front lines-one in Cincinnati and the other in Baltimore. This will provide a steady flow of fresh line infantry at each major front.

The USA has three generals with the training officer trait, McClellan, Sigel, and Halleck. The CSA has Taylor with the trait. He comes into play in the fall of '62 I believe.

This doesn't give you more conscripts, it just improves the effctiveness of what you already have.

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:12 am

In short, look for the tent cities (as discussed laready in this and other threads).

As the CSA, putting some effort into Missouri can pay off handsomely quite quickly. Jefferson City and St. Louis both have tens and are routinely ignored by the AI. Just bleed the initial St. Louis Massacre attack stack (led by Fremont) and then mop it op and two divisions (or a lucky one with a top commander) should be able to capture it.

Park two divisions with some arty under a good defender leading in there and you've just created a major headache for the Union.
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”