VigaBrand

How to use training officer and Patriot

Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 pm

At which point will the training officier effects?
militia->consrcipt->regular? Is that from conscript to regular?

Partiot:
What mean the 25% raise of volunteers? Get I new/more cs or is only mean, that I create more raiders?

Ol' Choctaw

Mon May 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Training Officers- put them in large cities (5 or greater) and they generate more cs

Patriots have a +25% chance of generating free raiders or militia in the state they are in.

Captain_Orso

Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Nope, you're thinking of Recruiting Officers (Banks, McClernand, Burnside as a brigadier and Charles W. Field with the CSA).

Training Officers will train 2 regiments of conscript infantry or cavalry stacked with them each turn. They must be in command of these regiments, not just in a stack with a higher ranking leader and the regiments.

Ol' Choctaw

Mon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm

duh, what was I thinking?

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm

I keep my CSA training guy (whose name I forgot) next to my huge stack of unassigned troops under Bragg. Every time a militia converts or I get a brigade with some conscripts in them, they visit him first, then go into the +1 xp per turn Bragg-stack.

Ideally at least the INF part of my divisions go into the field with at least 1 XP star.
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Captain_Orso

Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Before McClellan goes on the political campaign trail you have 3 trainers at your disposal; Halleck, McClellan and Sigel, one for each front. How convenient :D

The Union also had Rufus King the Training Master starting around the end of '62. I just don't get it though. I take a conscript regiment to one of the Training Officers and two week later it is first line. But I take any unit to King the Training Master and two weeks later they have 1 XP; and it take 10 XP to gain the first star for infantry. That means that it takes 5 months of drilling with King before any results can be shown for the work. He can train as many as he wants at once, but who can let their troops stand around for 5 months for training. Put them into some combat and watch how quickly they gain some stars.

I think the most experienced unit I ever had was a cavalry regiment that had about 7 stars :cool: Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything special to do with them :confused: so they just stuck with Sherman's corp or army or what ever he had :neener: .

namptit2
Civilian

Thu May 16, 2013 5:32 am

?ng h? cho b?n,cùng du l?ch cùng công ty Cattour c?a mình d? có k? ngh? hè thú v? nhé

Captain_Orso

Thu May 16, 2013 8:10 am

Same to you buddy, Same To You! :grr:

;)

What the heck?!?

MarkCSA

Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Before McClellan goes on the political campaign trail you have 3 trainers at your disposal; Halleck, McClellan and Sigel, one for each front. How convenient :D

The Union also had Rufus King the Training Master starting around the end of '62. I just don't get it though. I take a conscript regiment to one of the Training Officers and two week later it is first line. But I take any unit to King the Training Master and two weeks later they have 1 XP; and it take 10 XP to gain the first star for infantry. That means that it takes 5 months of drilling with King before any results can be shown for the work. He can train as many as he wants at once, but who can let their troops stand around for 5 months for training. Put them into some combat and watch how quickly they gain some stars.

I think the most experienced unit I ever had was a cavalry regiment that had about 7 stars :cool: Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything special to do with them :confused: so they just stuck with Sherman's corp or army or what ever he had :neener: .

Depends on how pressing the situation is on other fronts, Bragg is sometimes in charge of drilling 30.000 unassigned, don't know what to do with just yet, men in my games, that's quite a lot of xp being generated every turn :)
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Captain_Orso

Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Okay, I could see entrusting crusty ol' Bragg (5-3-1) with a bunch of troops more than King (3-0-0 :blink: ). The CS always seems to being doing a lot better in the line of troop quality. It's the one thing that makes up for the masses being thrown against them :p apy:.

DrPostman

Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 am

Playing the South I've never had enough troops together just to sit and be trained, unless
they are protecting something.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

wsatterwhite
Lieutenant

Fri May 17, 2013 4:07 am

Captain_Orso wrote:The Union also had Rufus King the Training Master starting around the end of '62. I just don't get it though. I take a conscript regiment to one of the Training Officers and two week later it is first line. But I take any unit to King the Training Master and two weeks later they have 1 XP; and it take 10 XP to gain the first star for infantry. That means that it takes 5 months of drilling with King before any results can be shown for the work. He can train as many as he wants at once, but who can let their troops stand around for 5 months for training. Put them into some combat and watch how quickly they gain some stars.

From what I understand, King has this trait primarily due to his being the original commander of the Iron Brigade, in real life the situation you describe is pretty much what actually happened as King (promoted to divisional command) and the Iron Brigade essentially spent months hanging out in Northern Virginia with McDowell's corps while the Shenandoah and Peninsula campaigns were going on.

MarkCSA

Fri May 17, 2013 11:28 am

Captain_Orso wrote:Okay, I could see entrusting crusty ol' Bragg (5-3-1) with a bunch of troops more than King (3-0-0 :blink: ). The CS always seems to being doing a lot better in the line of troop quality. It's the one thing that makes up for the masses being thrown against them :p apy:.

I don't actually let him move around and engage the enemy, just sit in Nashville or Memphis with 30k boys who are learnin' marchin' and shootin'. Which are then sliced and diced into perfect divisions and railroaded to where they are needed. Militia, captured guns and supply wagons and whatever I can scrounge together go in, gain a xp star and are molded into the most effective fighting force.

Am I weird to not need so many troops? All you need to do is park a big stack on Richmond, guard important spots with a division and wait for the Yankee invader.

Captain_Orso

Fri May 17, 2013 11:59 am

I know what you mean, I just generally don't leave more than a division on static garrison duties. With Bragg you could garrison a bit more aggressively a few regions out :niark: Naaa, not really.

But entrusting him with something not so important where he can attack would not only speak to his talents, but also train up his troops some more.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Fri May 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:I think the most experienced unit I ever had was a cavalry regiment that had about 7 stars :cool: Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything special to do with them :confused: so they just stuck with Sherman's corp or army or what ever he had :neener: .

Psh. Amateur. :cool:

The attachment 1stVirginiaCav.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
1stVirginiaCav.jpg

Captain_Orso

Fri May 17, 2013 5:34 pm

They won't even be able to walk with all those stars weighing them down :thumbsup:

Jim-NC

Fri May 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Psh. Amateur. :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22669[/ATTACH]

Didn't you give them like 1 million XPs?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Fri May 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Jim-NC wrote:Didn't you give them like 1 million XPs?

It was just a glitch from a few releases ago. I can't remember if all the units or just a few started like that. Thing is they were actually immobile. All those stars gave them so much max cohesion that it was going to take 50 or 100 turns just to get them able to move.

Captain_Orso

Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 pm

So I was right :w00t:

:dada:

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”