VigaBrand

Building Artillery CSA

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi,
I built Artillerie (11 units) some of them should be built in Louisiana and the rest in Alabama. I see that both states produce ws. But only 8 will be built. Money, CS and WS are enough for the production. I see it, because at the next turn I had to many of them
What are the rules of building artillery?
In an onther test, I can built the 6er guns from texas in Iberville, but the 10er I can't built? Did any body know excactly how is the built rule and what must I excpect. I is frustrating not to use your hole money for new troops.

Ace

Wed May 01, 2013 7:14 am

I don't know exact rules, but it happened to me as well. If I ordered too many artillery in a state that produces few ws, only a portion of artillery was recruited. If you want to maximize your purchase, spread your purchases across several states.

VigaBrand

Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 am

Okay. But the problem is, some states have no WS to produce artillery. But I know, that I must built always in different states and not in the same to made his pool empty.

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Wed May 01, 2013 10:51 am

You have to invest in Industrialization to start producing WS, after that you can build Arty there.

The best Artillery comes from AL, VA, TN and KY and NC anyway, so by the time you run out of those you can start investing in the other states.
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Captain_Orso

Wed May 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Firstly it would be good to know exactly what types of artillery you planed to build in which state. Then check if you have replacements in you replacement pools for those types of artillery. Additionally which towns in LA and AL are producing WSU. There's a bug that if you don't have replacements for example for 6lb-ers you cannot build 6lb-ers. The replacements are not used in building them, but they have to be present.

You should also be aware that what you see on resources while planning your purchases is a projection of what will probably be produced and used. These values could change during the course of the next turn causing you to have too few resources.

The game seems to go through purchases in 2 or more phases realizing the purchases in blocks. During a turn in which you have made a large amount of purchases in one area, if you don't have enough resources to purchase a second or third block, these may be dropped from purchasing. I've seen this happen a number of times right after raising money and recruits and then making extensive purchases.

VigaBrand

Thu May 02, 2013 4:10 am

[ATTACH]22435[/ATTACH]
Here are the turns. It is at first the turn with ord file, so you can see what I want to built and the second is tje turn after that, so you can see what was builting.
Good to know about the bug. Maybe that can be happend.
Money was enough, because after the turn you see what you have actually and it was 80$ and 250 WS and 100 CS, so it was not a problem at all.
Attachments
question_about_art.rar
(236.31 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

Captain_Orso

Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 pm

I looked at the build plan and the results. You planned 2 12lb-ers and 2 horse artillery in LA, which all were put on the board. In AL you planned 7 12lb-ers, not 10lb-ers, but only 3 of them showed up. You are producing 1 WSU in Mobile and 1 in Montgomery and have otherwise more than enough WSU in national surplus to have built all 7 12lb-ers in AL.

At the start of the turn on which you planned the building you had 1 chit each in light and field artillery replacement pools. Light is only for 6lb-ers and horse artillery (which are also 6lb-ers) and field artillery replacements are for all other artillery types other than Coastal and Siege Artillery, which take replacements from the heavy artillery pool.

Each chit (chit it's a board game term denoting a counter used to keep track of a number of something measured in the game by either being positioned along a rule of boxes with increasing numbers or having a value printed on the chit itself) in one of the replacement pools represents 20 replacements. For infantry it's 20 replacement companies or conscript companies (CC). For artillery it is 20 individual cannons plus crew. In the game only the chit is display and I do not know how to determine how many CC are remaining on a chit.

On the turn after your purchases I noted that the field artillery chit had dropped to 0. So the issue might be that during purchasing and replacements phases the field artillery chit got used up and the bug I mentioned kicked in preventing the other 12lb-er batteries in AL to be built.

I'm still looking into this bug, but even if it's found there will be no patch issued for it. The last patch for AACW-I has been released, but it will in that case be fixed in AACW-II.

If you send be the .hst file from the '61 Nov Early turn I can check if the missing chit was the issue.

Ace

Fri May 03, 2013 5:21 am

I always thought purchase would not go through if I ordered more cannons than WS production in a state. For example, if I would order too many cannons in South Carolina which produces only 1 WS, it would produce only 1-2 cannons. It never bothered me much since I figured, hey that one factory in Charleston cannot produce 10 6lb at once.

VigaBrand

Fri May 03, 2013 7:38 am

Captain_Orso wrote:I looked at the build plan and the results. You planned 2 12lb-ers and 2 horse artillery in LA, which all were put on the board. In AL you planned 7 12lb-ers, not 10lb-ers, but only 3 of them showed up. You are producing 1 WSU in Mobile and 1 in Montgomery and have otherwise more than enough WSU in national surplus to have built all 7 12lb-ers in AL.

At the start of the turn on which you planned the building you had 1 chit each in light and field artillery replacement pools. Light is only for 6lb-ers and horse artillery (which are also 6lb-ers) and field artillery replacements are for all other artillery types other than Coastal and Siege Artillery, which take replacements from the heavy artillery pool.

Each chit (chit it's a board game term denoting a counter used to keep track of a number of something measured in the game by either being positioned along a rule of boxes with increasing numbers or having a value printed on the chit itself) in one of the replacement pools represents 20 replacements. For infantry it's 20 replacement companies or conscript companies (CC). For artillery it is 20 individual cannons plus crew. In the game only the chit is display and I do not know how to determine how many CC are remaining on a chit.

On the turn after your purchases I noted that the field artillery chit had dropped to 0. So the issue might be that during purchasing and replacements phases the field artillery chit got used up and the bug I mentioned kicked in preventing the other 12lb-er batteries in AL to be built.

I'm still looking into this bug, but even if it's found there will be no patch issued for it. The last patch for AACW-I has been released, but it will in that case be fixed in AACW-II.

If you send be the .hst file from the '61 Nov Early turn I can check if the missing chit was the issue.

Thank you.

@ace: I test it, I can always build at least double numbers of art elements than production of ws. You are right, it will be a nice feature if you can only built one element per ws production, but that didn't work at the moment.

Captain_Orso

Sun May 05, 2013 5:05 pm

After getting the rest of the files from the '61 Nov Early turn I noted one other thing that can influence whether all unit are built or not, something I should have noted with the first set of files, sorry Image.

VigaBrand, you only have $8 left after planning your builds. That can be pretty close to the edge being that your actual income will only be determined during the next turn.

I ran the turn once without changing anything and go the same results as you did originally; all the Louisiana artillery was built, but only 4 of the 7 ordered batteries from Alabama.

I then turned the turn back and dropped building one of the Alabama batteries, so that only 6 were ordered, and ran the turn again with the results that again all the Louisiana artillery was built AND all 6 batteries purchased in Alabama. So the issue was that you over extended you budget in money; other resources were okay.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”