steve rowe
Civilian

American Civil War problem

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:15 am

Ok, i purchased the game and installed it to replace a damaged version i had on disc previously. All fine and dandy you would think, but this is where the problem started.

I set off into a new game and played the first 6 turns, saving every turn as i always do, and then shut down for the day thinking all was well. Next day i returned and went to resume my saved game, surprised to find that it was no longer there, but a ghost game left over from the corrupted disc version was the only one showing in my saved games list!!!.

I thought ok, do a full delete and reinstall it no problem, did that and then went back in. Happy to find that my only game in the list was the one i'd been playing the day before. So carried on for another three turns saving again as normal and left for the night. Came back the next day and found the same problem, the ghost game had returned and my game from the previous day was nowhere to be seen.

This is now beginning to seriously get on my nerves after spending good money for this game hoping to get a good copy.

My question is, do i still have corrupted files somewhere in my system from the previous disc version taking me back to a "dead" version of the saved games or is this a more serious problem?. More importantly, how do i fix the damned thing so it runs properly every time i try to play it?

Jim-NC

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Which operating system are you using, and which version?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 am

Yup, maybe you didn't allow the game to write on your computer:
In properties of icon launcher, tick the administrator thing.

Too, did you install the game in /Programs folder?:
Better install it in a /Games one where the system would bother less.

steve rowe
Civilian

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 am

Am using Windows 7 Home, Service pack 1.
Intel Core i3 CPU M370 2.4Ghz
64 bit operating system

Game is installed in directory C:/Programs(x86)/Games/

Hope this helps.

Jim-NC

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:51 pm

It is possible that windows is moving your saved games. I know that in Vista, the saved games were getting moved on people. It was best if the games were installed in c:/games directly (skipping the programs(x86) part). They appear back when you re-install the game, but are not there.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”