Ace

Seniority of British generals

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:14 am

In my recent game, I had a British general upset because he didn't receive command of the Army of Tennessee. I don't think that's what the developers intended, the Brits should only be upset if someone bypasses them for an Army command within their own nation :) .

khbynum
Major

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 pm

He couldn't have done any worse than Braxton Bragg.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Ace wrote:In my recent game, I had a British general upset because he didn't receive command of the Army of Tennessee. I don't think that's what the developers intended, the Brits should only be upset if someone bypasses them for an Army command within their own nation :) .

That's a first! Just when you think you've seen it all .... nice catch, Ace!
Two Rules: 1. The Tournament Director is always right. 2. When the Tournament Director is wrong, see Rule 1.

Stauffenberg
General

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Ace wrote:In my recent game, I had a British general upset because he didn't receive command of the Army of Tennessee. I don't think that's what the developers intended, the Brits should only be upset if someone bypasses them for an Army command within their own nation :) .

I've raised this issue a number of times and suggested all foreign generals be given radically lower seniority to avoid this.

Ace

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Well, promoting Watie didn't cause any resentment from senior generals. So, there is no issue with promotions, only with Army commands.

Stauffenberg
General

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Ace wrote:Well, promoting Watie didn't cause any resentment from senior generals. So, there is no issue with promotions, only with Army commands.

That's what I meant.

I also noted that attempting to rebuild, or build a new British or French division will subtract from the CSA count, whatever it is at that moment in time.
You can also take a foreign Army HQ and form a new CSA army with it as I recall.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”