Coldsteel
Sergeant

Jeff Shaara

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just saw at a book store yesterday that Jeff Shaara has published a new Civil War book (3 part series) called "Blaze of Glory". This one has to do with the battle of Shiloh.

Apparently he will be writing 2 others having to do with Vicksburg & Shermans March. . . (according to Wiki)

If you have never read him, he tells his stories from the characters point of view, I really enjoy it.

Just wanted to pass this along incase anyone would find this interesting.

Thanks,
CS
Pour it into em boys! Give em the Cold Steel!

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:16 pm

It seems pretty interesting. :w00t:

Many thanks for the info, Coldsteel. :thumbsup:

Regards!
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:03 am

They've been advertising it on one of the very few channels I watch.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Hmm, hadn't heard about it. I've read most of his other works so I'll probably check it out.

yellow ribbon

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

thank you so much,

knowing him from the 90s, i havent seen books from him in a European bookstores since 2000s Gone for Soldiers
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Ultradave
Civilian

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:55 am

Currently reading "The Rising Tide" about WWII starting with El Alemein and Operation Torch. Found it in a used book store and hadn't known about it. I've read all his previous books and of course, starting with "The Killer Angels" by Michael Shaara. Really enjoyed them all.

Lees Warhorse
Civilian

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:50 am

I saw that! I'm very excited I like the point of view that Shaara brings to the table. I didn't realize it was 1 of 3. Awesome

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”