Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:47 pm

It means that this Army HQ is available (in the force pool, i.e. in the reinforcements screen) to be built, but it's not yet on the map.
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GLENN G
Conscript

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 am

Getting really aggravated now as I can't understand why I have only been given three Confederate Army H.Q.s to play with, as a civil war buff the Confederacy had more than three field armies is AGEOD doing it to annoy, is there a cheat or a way around this, I just get fed up with games that control the gamer, just give me the maps the men and equipment and let us get on with it, let us make the rules and the game as hard or easy as we would like.

wsatterwhite
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 am

GLENN G wrote:Getting really aggravated now as I can't understand why I have only been given three Confederate Army H.Q.s to play with, as a civil war buff the Confederacy had more than three field armies is AGEOD doing it to annoy, is there a cheat or a way around this, I just get fed up with games that control the gamer, just give me the maps the men and equipment and let us get on with it, let us make the rules and the game as hard or easy as we would like.

To be fair, while the CSA had plenty of formations with the administrative title "army", they really only had two field armies worthy of the actual title for most of the war. In game terms, most of the CSA armies were simply independent commands of a few divisions (if even that).

Jim-NC

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:15 am

GLENN G wrote:Getting really aggravated now as I can't understand why I have only been given three Confederate Army H.Q.s to play with, as a civil war buff the Confederacy had more than three field armies is AGEOD doing it to annoy, is there a cheat or a way around this, I just get fed up with games that control the gamer, just give me the maps the men and equipment and let us get on with it, let us make the rules and the game as hard or easy as we would like.

You can mod(ify) the game. If you want more HQs, you can add them using a script. There is a whole modder's forum to discuss such ideas/thoughts/actions.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GLENN G
Conscript

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 am

Thanks again for the reply, a script how is this done.

Jim-NC

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 am

I assume you want a script to add HQs. The below was taken from the events folder (various events.sct):

SelectFaction = $CSA
SelectRegion = $Richmond, VA
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_extraHQs|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Richmond, VA|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1861/01/01
MaxDate = 1866/03/01

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_CSA_62HQs
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Hq2;1
ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Art2;1

EndEvent

The 1 at the end of the line " ChangeUnitPool = $uni_CSA_Hq2;1" adds 1 HQ to your unit pool. You can change this as needed (for example add 2 instead of 1 HQ unit). This would need to be added to your various events.sct file (right below another end event line. Be warned, I have not tested this script addition, and errors may develop (if they do, you can delete this part of the scrip you have just added, which *should* put things back together).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:43 am

GLENN G wrote:Playing the civil war game now up to early June 1865 and still only 3 C.S. Army H.Q.s in play from an 1862 start there must be away of generating more, I have in play C.S. Army of Northern Virginia, Army of Tennessee, and Army of Mississippi with 84,618 95,248 and 118,387 troops plus another 78,393 under General J. Johnston and 75,845 under General E. Van Dorn both without army H.Q. they just don't generate its now getting annoying, have I gone wrong somewhere or should I just start again, I'm getting to the stage of quitting play.

You do know how to make corps right? I can field as many troops as the CSA can build with no CP penalty with only 2 good army commanders. 20+ corps. That's 360 CP. That's 90 divisions. The CSA can only field 30.

GLENN G
Conscript

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks for all the advice yes I do know how to build a Corp or a Division and that they are limited to so many Divisions, the only annoyance is being limited to just three C.S. Armies with H.Q.s how ever I do have two British and one French activated.

GLENN G
Conscript

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:57 am

Again it has come up New Army HQ added to force pool. So what is force pool as I cannot find a new HQ anywhere in the Replacement table or the Reinforcement table or any other place. Help !

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 am

GLENN G wrote:Again it has come up New Army HQ added to force pool. So what is force pool as I cannot find a new HQ anywhere in the Replacement table or the Reinforcement table or any other place. Help !

You'll find it in the Reinforcements table, i.e. you have the option to build it.

Regards. :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GLENN G
Conscript

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:53 am

Gone back through the Reinforcement table support signals, engineer, medical, and supply wagons but no Army HQ strange but it is still telling me that a new H.Q has been added to force pool just below new Brigadier Generals added
Thanks anyway

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”