Captain_Orso

Good Population Administrator?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Is this broken? The description in the manual is

If the most senior General in the region, will progressively increase the Loyalty of the population over time. (+1% each turn up to 75%)

and on the hover-over tip over the ability icon

If this leader is commanding a stack, he progressively increase the loyalty of the population in the region over time. (+1% each turn up to 75%) This ability applies if the leader is in command of the stack.

I've had Buell, who has this ability, as the highest ranking general in St Louis for months, first commanding the locked units in the garrison and then commanding units outside the garrison, because I thought maybe he needs to be commanding unlocked units for this to work; no-go. The loyalty is at 13% an stuck for about 3 years now.

I found this very old thread http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11073 which seems to say that it works sometimes, but nobody knows when or why.

Has anybody found the answer over the last three real-world years?

squarian
Brigadier General

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:02 am

I guess that the newly-rediscovered importance of loyalty to unit builds makes this matter a bit more than previously. But I can't say I've ever paid much attention before.

Jim-NC

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:26 am

Captain Orso,

In the old days (IIRC before 1.14), most of the general's attributes didn't work. So this probably didn't and still doesn't.

For example, I have noticed that the trainer doesn't always work (it may be that the save game becomes corrupted over time, I am not sure, because the next time I played, it worked fine).

This would be a question for Lodilefty, or the designers.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 am

I've had games where Buell converted Lexington KY, so it definitely works sometimes.

lodilefty

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:40 am

I'm not sure either, bbut will "dig in". :blink:

One thing: as the "Recruiter" only works with the leader inside the city, look and see if the "Pop Admin" is same way....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Coldsteel
Sergeant

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I have had the same issue with St.Louis in the past.

Although, with my current game, it appears to be working as my approval rating there is increasing. . . but I guess that could be other factors though, I'm not sure.

I also usually put Buell, or whomever else has that perk in charge of the Garrison stationed in "said" city.
Good post Captain, just another reason to love the game. . . . 3 - 4 years later and we still discover new items like this. . . . . . and your able to get an answer on it!
Pour it into em boys! Give em the Cold Steel!

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 pm

lodilefty wrote:I'm not sure either, bbut will "dig in". :blink:

One thing: as the "Recruiter" only works with the leader inside the city, look and see if the "Pop Admin" is same way....

:blink: Oh, that's one that I didn't think of. I know about the recruiting officers, but I didn't think about an Administrator.

I'll let you know :thumbsup:

Captain_Orso

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:57 pm

OK, this is what's happened. I started out with Buell in St Louis sitting on the locked units there. Loyalty was at 13% and wouldn't budge for nothing; even after months and years.

I also had 2 of those [M][M][L] brigades that had upgraded to [X][X][L] that were just garrisoning around in Missouri, so I pulled those together, sent them to St Louis, sent them into the city, but not in the stack of locked units and then made Buell their commander. Low-and-behold, loyalty started to raise over the next turns :happyrun: [SIZE="1"]up to 15%[/size] where it then stayed for the rest of the war Image

I do have to note that I did take one of those brigades away from Buell about the time loyalty reached 15%. It may have coincided with hitting the new ceiling or not, I just didn't notice it at the time :(

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I have noticed that many abilities do not function when stacked with even ONE locked unit, but when the locked unit is removed, the abilities show up. Maybe that is what you found out here. However, it's not clear to me why 15% was the cap.

colonel hurst
Corporal

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Maybe the loyalty in St. Louis wouldn't rise over 15% due to you suspending habeus corpus or applying martial law in Missouri?

lodilefty

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:47 pm

colonel hurst wrote:Maybe the loyalty in St. Louis wouldn't rise over 15% due to you suspending habeus corpus or applying martial law in Missouri?

..or the other side did?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Why that bastard :grr: lifting habeus corpus, that's .... :blink: ... wait, that's me :w00t:

Nope, I actually hardly ever have used that, like once or twice in all my games. But the 15% does sound suspiciously like something programmed.

Next game I'll keep a closer tabs on Buell in St Louis, his home-away-from-home.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”