malthaussen
Sergeant

Why is he not Attacking?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Now, this is really starting to piss me off. I have a Corps "besieged" in a city by a force 1/3 it's size. Three successive turns, I have ordered a sortie and all-out attack on the "besiegers," with an activated Corps commander and fresh, supplied units. Three successive turns, no sortie has been forthcoming, and the "besiegers" have not only fully breached the city, the defending force's supplies are going rapidly downhill. Why does the corps not make the attack as ordered? The weather is fine, there is even a supply line to the "besieged" town, but the Corps commander (US Gen Foster) ignores his orders.

-- Mal
"Of two choices, I always take the third."

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:52 pm

deleted

gchristie
Brigadier General

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Unless the rules for sorties have changed, sortie only works if there is a relief force also in the region. From the manual:

"Sortie: Your force is currently within a besieged fort/city. It will join any combat initiated by a relief force. If a leader is present, he must be active."

Try dragging the stack/force out of the town and dropping it into the region in attack ROE with an active leader and see if that helps. If you drag and drop the stack onto the enemy force your forces will follow them if they have orders to leave the region, which you may or may not want.

Cheers.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:08 pm

deleted

Pocus

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:41 am

Sure.

As the Hamster Guard says... Sortie is a sortie conditional to the existence of another friendly force in the region. If you want to sortie by yourself, just drag&drop your stack onto the region countryside.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Big Muddy

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:14 am

I need if someone can tell me where to purchase ACW, I damaged my gane and can't find it any where. I haven't been on a computer in six months, and having a problem, sorry.

caranorn

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:35 am

Pocus wrote:Sure.

As the Hamster Guard says... Sortie is a sortie conditional to the existence of another friendly force in the region. If you want to sortie by yourself, just drag&drop your stack onto the region countryside.

You know, this information just came in handy for my next turn ;-) . Even after all these years of AACW one lives and learns :-) ...
Marc aka Caran...

malthaussen
Sergeant

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:01 pm

As the event turns out, I had independently come to this conclusion myself, and managed to chase away those naughty "besiegers." It's good to know what that sortie button really is for.

-- Mal
"Of two choices, I always take the third."

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Big Muddy wrote:I need if someone can tell me where to purchase ACW, I damaged my gane and can't find it any where. I haven't been on a computer in six months, and having a problem, sorry.

Hi Big Muddy! :)

You can download it on the AGEOD web, but I suppose you can also buy it in Matrix Games, Gamestop, GamersGate, Gamestreamer, DLGamer...

Good luck in your search! ;) :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”