Florent

Call of volunteer

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:14 pm

Is a call of volunteer a general event (i mean all the states are concerned) or do you choose some states ? Is this a yearly event, how it works ? Did you include limited engagement for one year and then a regiment is disbanded or can you as it was the case make more service ?

Pocus

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:39 pm

tomorrow you will get much more details on that, with a new screen. But I can reply to your questions though:
The levying is handled on the national level, thru various options costing more or less (and I'm not speaking only of money there). The frequency is variable too.

We went against removing units when the service of volunteers was finished, this would have been a nightmare to handle properly. But we are still planning some exceptional "withdrawal" of units at the start of the grand campaign to at least account the first 90-days volunteers going home. This won't be done on a regular basis though, but only in 1861 and to stress a bit more the Union player :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”