Pocus

AACW 1.15 patch

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Dear AACW Players...

Here is patch 1.15 which will be, baring major bugs in the code, the last official patch for AACW. Changes to historical data will now be done as 'mods', and everyone will be able to pick, or not pick, the mods he likes.

================================================== ========================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.15
October 19th 2009

================================================== ========================

The patch link below is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

The data included in this patch correspond to AACW 1.14c plus Quickfix 6.
The game logic is the latest one from the AGE engine.
AI code is the latest one too, with major improvements in Naval AI particularly. Work done on the AI is based on situations taken from VGN, WIA and AACW.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Our prayers have been answered!

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:24 pm

[CENTER] :p ompom: :happyrun: :p ompom:[/CENTER]
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Sorel
Captain

it says is 1.14f

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks a lot :coeurs:
But I downloaded and installed it, and in the opening screen it says 1.14f, is the link perhaps not correct? or simply is just not the right name? :confused:

DarthMath
Colonel

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Thank you all for the good work !! :thumbsup:

Edit : I confirm the 1.14f, despite a fresh clean install. WAD or not ?
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ian Coote
Major

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks Pocus,your the man. :coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs:

Captain_Orso

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:27 pm

A warm thank you to Pokus from the start of a cold week :thumbsup:

The .exe file inside the lownloaded .zip definitely is named patch_AACW_v1.15.exe, so that much is certainly correct. 1.14f is probably just an oversight.

A small change that I've noticed: it used to be that if you've turned off viewing unmovable units (<CTRL><F1>) but clicked on a city containing such units, they would still be displayed in the unit display bar at the bottom. Now they will not be displayed.

It's okay with me, but it's just something I've noticed.

Pocus

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Wait then, I'm uploading the version.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Please download again.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Supply filter button not working properly?

Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Hello,

When I click on the supply filter button - bottom left of screen, my depots do not appear in dark green like in past versions. Areas in supply do show up, and the stacks of cannonballs and general supplies show up. I did a fresh install of AACW then downloaded and installed v1.15. Everything else is working fine so far.
Attachments
1861 April union.zip
(973.73 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Franciscus

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Thanks, Pocus :coeurs:

Inside686
Captain

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Hello I haven't play the game after v1.14 was released, were could I find a list of changes/bugfix from this version ?

Pocus

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:53 am

There is ACW Updates.rtf copied with all patches.

Mosby
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm assuming that the games I have going now won't work with the new patch?
"Have you got the rascal?" "No but he has got you!"

Matin
Private

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:06 am

Mosby wrote:I'm assuming that the games I have going now won't work with the new patch?

i installed the new patch over the old patches, and continiued my old savegame. Runs without problems better than ever...good job :thumbsup:

Colonel Dreux
Major

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 am

Thanks Pocus! Cheers! :)
Oh my God, lay me down!

Pocus

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:16 am

Matin wrote:i installed the new patch over the old patches, and continiued my old savegame. Runs without problems better than ever...good job :thumbsup:

I believe that you started your game in 1.14 or later, it is ok. If in 1.13, then the database can have changed and your game can crash. Try and tell us. :neener:

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:46 am

Could anybody confirm this? I have both a 1.14c and a 1.15 PBEM, and if possible I'd like to spare me the confusion of having two separate installs. :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

gchristie
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Is anyone else experiencing the supply filter not working properly? I've twice uninstalled AACW and any remaining folders, then reinstalled from the disk and then installed the 1.15 patch. And again the depot regions do not turn dark green when I use the supply filter button like they did in 1.13b, making it harder to identify my depots. Is this WAD?

Perhaps I'm being impatient, wouldn't be the first time... I do realize AGEOD is a small outfit and relies heavily on the dedication of volunteers.

But if "legacy" patch means no need to report potential problems with the patch, someone please make that clear. Or perhaps there is somewhere else to post observations of possible glitches?

I remain,

A dedicated fan
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Pocus: Please send me my code for reloading AACW! Lost all stuff in fire. Thanks Larry3

Generalisimo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Heldenkaiser wrote:Could anybody confirm this? I have both a 1.14c and a 1.15 PBEM, and if possible I'd like to spare me the confusion of having two separate installs. :)

If you will play different versions, then it is a lot more secure to have two different installations... if not, sooner or later, something will fail.
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Generalisimo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:48 pm

tagwyn wrote:Pocus: Please send me my code for reloading AACW! Lost all stuff in fire. Thanks Larry3

@Larry:
You should send a Private message to him, so he doesn't miss your message. ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

arsan

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:43 pm

gchristie wrote:Is anyone else experiencing the supply filter not working properly? I've twice uninstalled AACW and any remaining folders, then reinstalled from the disk and then installed the 1.15 patch. And again the depot regions do not turn dark green when I use the supply filter button like they did in 1.13b, making it harder to identify my depots. Is this WAD?

Perhaps I'm being impatient, wouldn't be the first time... I do realize AGEOD is a small outfit and relies heavily on the dedication of volunteers.

But if "legacy" patch means no need to report potential problems with the patch, someone please make that clear. Or perhaps there is somewhere else to post observations of possible glitches?

I remain,

A dedicated fan

Hi gchristie!!

Don't take this as any kind of official answer as i haven't even installed the new AACW pacth still :bonk:
But while someone that really knew the answer sees this...(Pocus?) :neener:

I suspect what your are seeing (no dark green depot regions) has nothing to do with a problem in your installation, and is more a "new" WAD than a bug. :blink: :D
The latest AGE engine code includes some tweaks on how the supply filter is represented. I suspect this changes have passed to the new patches of all games with the improved AI and the rest of the new tweaks.
For example on the new WIA patch (which i have beta tested) the supply is represented now slightly different than before, as Lodilefty explained on the read me here (on blue text)
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15566

Probably some changes on the supply filter have passed also to AACW (but different than the explained for WIA as the supply system of both games are pretty different).
Probably the old AACW supply presentation was more informative than the new. But the supply system seems to works OK at least. :)

Cheers

gchristie
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Thank you, Arsan.

I plan to read the ACW Updates.rtf copied with the patch before I give 1.15 another go.

Regards.

Pocus

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:15 am

Indeed, this is an unexpected side effect of a revision of the supply filters code. Sorry for that... but we won't be able to patch again AACW before some weeks at least. At least, this is not a CTD bug...

Tag, I'll send you all your keys.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Pocus wrote: At least, this is not a CTD bug...

Indeed.

Glad to know this wasn't from a faulty install on my part.

Thanks for this, and everything else, Pocus.

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:43 pm

gchristie wrote:
Thanks for this, and everything else, Pocus.

+1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm noticing that static units aren't unlocking when attacked. Locked units are but static aren't. I haven't tested it on a clean install or multiple games yet, but it's happened 3 or 4 times in my current game.

arsan

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:00 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:I'm noticing that static units aren't unlocking when attacked. Locked units are but static aren't. I haven't tested it on a clean install or multiple games yet, but it's happened 3 or 4 times in my current game.

Hi!
IIRC static units are not supposed to unlock even if attacked. I think this has been like this since always.
It's the main different between static and locked units. Static are something like local defense unmovable forces.
But i may be wrong as i haven't played AACW "seriously" for some months... :bonk: (too much WIA lately ;) )
Cheers!

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:41 pm

My (USA) static units in Ft Monroe unlocked when they were attacked. Not that I want to move them anywhere else, but it is interesting. Another interesting thing that happened when they unlocked by being attacked is that the command point requirements changed. Before they unlocked, Butler and a one-star provided more than enough CPs. Now, after unlocking, the group of ne'er-do-wells inside Ft Monroe are 10% penalized for CP shortage.

These are just observations, not suggestions to fix anything. For all I know, it's WAD, and that's perfectly fine with me! :)

arsan

Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:53 pm

That sound like fixed units not static ones.
For example, i remember the militias that pop up to "liberate" an ungarridoned enemy city on a region with a high loyalty % for the other side are "static".
As are the units that pop up automatically in response to enemy raiders in an area. But i could be wrong, as i have not played much lately. :)
Regarding the CP change...are you sure the stack has not received reinforcements/replacements??
Cheers!

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”