Deca
Corporal

Militia, Conscripts, & Line inaccuracy ?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:11 am

I have four different screenshots to help indicate some confusion about the various symbols being used for Militia, Conscripts, & Line.

I rely upon unit symbols tremendously to quickly verify what I have at a glance; however, now I feel as if what I see as a symbol may be nothing even remotely close to the unit detail report.

For instance, I can look at a unit that i think might be a militia, but it's in truth a Line Infantry or maybe it is a conscript, or maybe it's actually a militia; however, I cannot trust the unit symbols to give me that information accurately?

I know I've asked a similar question in another thread about what exactly is a militia, or conscript....etc... but I have to honestly say that I am now even more confused than before.

(1) A New York militia unit
It has the State of Origin indicating it's from New York, which according to the guide/pdf is "only for militia."

It also has the letter "M" inside the Infantry NATO symbol further denoting it's status as militia.

In the Unit Detail, it is classified as Volunteers (Militia)

This is what I would expect to see from a militia unit.

(2) A New York militia unit
It has the State of Origin indicating it's from New York.

It also has the letter "M" inside the Infantry NATO symbol.

However, in the unit detail it is classified as Infantry (conscript)(Line Infantry).
I would think if it no longer is "militia" the "M" would be gone as well as the State of Origin.

(3) A New Hampshire militia unit
It has the State of Origin indicating it's from New Hampshire.

It DOES NOT have the letter "M" inside the Infantry NATO symbol, but still has the State of Origin.

Again, in the unit detail it is classified as Infantry (conscript)(Line Infantry)

NOE: I found that all of my New Hampshire militia did not have the letter "M" in their NATO symbol regardless if they were still Volunteer (Militia) or not. Hence, all of my New Hampshire militia started/formed with no "M".

(4) A Maryland militia unit
It has the State of Origin indicating it's from Maryland.

It also has the letter "M" inside the Infantry NATO symbol.

However, in the unit detail it is classified as Line (Line Infantry). I would think if it is a Line Infantry element that it would not have the "M", nor State of Origin.

Regards,
Deca
"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell."

soloswolf
General of the Army

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:12 pm

I can't answer your concerns...

I can tell you that that many NH men is the first step on the road to victory! :D
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Gray_Lensman

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:00 pm

deleted

Deca
Corporal

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:I suspect that it was overlooked and Pocus may have to revisit the upgrade code to see if it can be easily fixed.

Is that a realistic possibility?

It is nothing game breaking, just more of an annoyance.

...and thanks for the explanation
"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell."

Nial
Colonel

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 am

The main unit has multiple elements inside the unit. Each element may upgrade at different times. It has been my experience that The (M) Militia designation remains until at least 50%+ of the total unit has upgraded. So if a unit has 3 elements in it? Two would have to upgrade to line before the (M) would be removed.

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”