58%

Total votes: 318
GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Acknowledged. Will comply.

Respects,
GS
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

dolphin
Major

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:I need to invest in Epicyte. Forced sterilization is where it's at nowadays. Btw, do you know how I can get in contact with Rothkopf?

You would be better off investing in Plastics.

Call Reynolds. Not Rothkopf.

The Disappearing Male
http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/doczone/2008/disappearingmale/

Watch the documentary at this link.
http://vodpod.com/watch/1404174-the-disappearing-male

dolphin
Major

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Mickey3D wrote:There is interesting things in your past messages but sorry I think this discussion has no place in this thread (title is : "union or confederates"). There is an "ACW History Club / Histoire de la Guerre de Sécession" section on this forum.

I'm done. I think I made it clear which side I chose and why.

I felt it was important to point out the Global Geopolitical aspects to the issue.

I would like to say that if anyone considered my posts as anything close to trolling then your idiot without a brain who probably thinks the 911 official government fantasy is Gospel.

Cromagnonman
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Any true scholar of history knows the "Civil War" was all about vampires. I fight for the living and the thin blue line.

Gray_Lensman

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

deleted

hgilmer
Captain

Hiya

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:08 am

Hey all, I like to play the Union because of their nice shiny Gray Uniforms!

Caradoc
Corporal

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:34 pm

I am currently playing as the Union but have played as the Confederates. In reality I would have been Union through and through

Jerzul
Captain

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:35 am

I fight to put down the "insignificant rebellion". The Federal Empire all the way! :turc:
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

1st Texas Sharpshooters
Conscript

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi,
First of all thanx for a great game still alive and kicking and for a fun and interesting forum :)
Im playing the Confederacy because of the "underdog" status (economics, ressources etc) but mostly because of their many great mythic commanders.
Best regards...

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Big fan of the cause in real life, big fan of the glorious Union in the game. With the Union, there's tons of possibilities. Ship in a whole corps into New Orleans, slip a few small divisions towards the Caroline coast, smash through to Richmond with the Potomac Army, etc etc. With the South there's basically a tried and true method, and as long as you don't ratchet up the AI aggro to max, it's usually a case of bottle-necking the Mississippi/Tennessee/N. Virginia zones. Then it's just sit back and toss off anything the North throws at you and wait for the NM levels to trigger victory.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello !

When I'm playing as Union, I want to play again the South...
When I'm playing as Confederate, I want to start a new game as Union ...

:bonk: :bonk: :wacko:

:w00t: :mdr: :wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

exar83
Private

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 am

^^^ haha i do that too. So for me it's an endless cycle of playing and winning as CSA and then doing the same as USA and the cycle continues. It's definitely good practice. I know some people here have said they strictly play as only one side but I want to experience everything the game has to offer.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:56 pm

I prefer to play the CSA. I don't believe that the AI has a chance as the CSA. Plus, I am a Gray Fox. :D

Vidiot
Civilian

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 pm

I prefer the Union. Stories from old family members of "so-and-so" who fought at this battle or that. Gotten older and through researching my ancestry, we're all Union. Two served in cavalry regiments, three in infantry. Playing the game just adds another dimension to the family history.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:49 pm

I just realized I've never posted on this thread!
Can't say I have a REAL preference. I think the North has the best chance for a win among players of equal skill, but that's not answering the question. All I can say is I'm originally from Kentucky and my family had 'em on both sides, so my preference is to stay neutral and then be invaded by one side or the other!
Two Rules: 1. The Tournament Director is always right. 2. When the Tournament Director is wrong, see Rule 1.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Longshanks wrote:I just realized I've never posted on this thread!
Can't say I have a REAL preference. I think the North has the best chance for a win among players of equal skill, but that's not answering the question. All I can say is I'm originally from Kentucky and my family had 'em on both sides, so my preference is to stay neutral and then be invaded by one side or the other!

:mdr:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Wraith
Sergeant

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Longshanks wrote:... and then be invaded by one side or the other!

That's what she said...

Stauffenberg
General

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Longshanks wrote:I just realized I've never posted on this thread!

Reminds me of my grandfather who was from Ulster. When asked about his affiliation during the "Troubles", he would say:
"Well bein' strictly neutral you understand, I would bash everyone in sight!"

George McClellan
Captain
Location: " If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!"

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Wraith wrote:That's what she said...

Wraith! Now you know that isn't appropriate!

Though it is rather hilarious.
George McClellan is locked in Cincinati until Lincoln admits he's a baboon.Image

Ol' Choctaw

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Usually I like to play games as the underdog but in this game I just seem to switch back an forth.

And George, I always thought inappropriate was your middle name.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Confederate States of America :dada:

Having been raised in the South and studied the great Southern Generals, I welcome the opportunity to fight this war once again, and God willing, the South will win this time around.

DanSez
Sergeant

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:37 pm

The Confederate side is more challenging.

I play either side - but if push comes to shove - I'd prefer the odds to be in my favor in the long run so I would choose the Union if playing an opponent I really wanted to beat.

DrPostman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:09 pm

I finally broke down and played with settings all the way to the right, especially
with activation. Makes for a hell of a lot of frustration but also a lot less trouble
for the South, at least until the North gets better generals. I'm finding that I can
hold a lot more simply because he doesn't have enough active troops, and my
troops are so far mostly getting stuck where I want them to defend.

I'm seeing how it makes a much better game for paying the South.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”