Pocus

New official 1.11a patch

Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Dear players,

Here is the new AACW patch. Tremendous work have been done by many volunteers of the community. We, in the team, are really proud of the attention AGEOD's ACW get from you! You're raising the game quality to new standards, again and again! :coeurs:

We have humbly fixed some bugs too, on our side. :sourcil:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip

This patch has been tested since some weeks by the AACW Improvement team, so it should be fairly stable. It does not break save.

And now, the 'little' readme:

================================================== ============================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.11
August 22nd, 2008

This patch contains all changes since the start.
Warning: All railroads improvements will not be impacted in current games though, although no additional side effects will appears.
Warning: This patch cannot be applied to the AACW version distributed by Trymedia. Those using that version need to rely on Trymedia for their patching needs.

Bugs
- fixed: A bug when a leader was promoted, then removed from his stack.
- fixed: Rail construction were not always occuring as they should (reported by Bigus).
- fixed: Ships targeting troops can merge into them, in an harbor. If a battle occurs and the ships are captured, the troops could end up being captured too. [nice little critter, reported by Adiscus).
- fixed: Ships being built could not be captured properly if the raider was moving out of the region too soon, resulting in a crash.
- fixed: Leaders above 3 in rating would get a far too big bonus for the Army Rout check at the end of combat, resulting in fanatical armies.
- fixed: Admiral could form divisions.
- fixed: A (rare) crash could occurs when you detached a corps from an army.

Graphics
- 47 new portraits (compared to previous official release) by Jackfox and Jabberwock! (including various line infantry types, leaders and CSA rangers)
- New modifications to the map (for better geographical & historical accurary) by Gray_Lensman (see below)

Scenarios
- New scenario, "Kentucky Invasion", which takes place late 1862 - early 1863, by Bigus.
- Shiloh and Gettysburg scenarios improved, by Bigus.

Gameplay
- Max Entrenchment level is variable, depending of the year. Start at 3. See below.

Data edition and tweaking - The good work of Gray_Lensman (details)

All these changes are officially approved by the Studio. Gray_Lensman, aka Michael, is officially our AACW coordinator. The detail of his work for the current patch follows:

Changes in AACW Historical Accuracy MOD 20080717

1.) Incorporated Jabberwock's Generals' Graphics work.

2.) Incorporated Bigus' rework on the Shiloh and Gettysburg scenarios.

3.) Made many more spelling corrections in the .mdl and .uni files.

4.) Corrected the following structure names.

Mississippi City (was Mississipi City) located in Gulf, MS (705)
Harrisonburg (was Harisonburg) located in Harrison, LA (728)

5.) Manually changed the displayed tooltip name for the Middle Tennessee River region to "Mussel Shoals". This was done to reduce confusion concerning where this region was located, since it is now impassable to shipping as it was historically.

6.) Again reworked the weather files for some inconsistencies.

7.) Corrected (in most places) the mispelled names of Theophilus Holmes and Robert Ransom. The remaining corrections in the corresponding Units and Models files will be included in the next "official" patch.

8.) A big "Thanks" to Bigus for contributing his newest scenario "Kentucky Invasion", which takes place late 1862 - early 1863.

9.) Slightly modified the starting entrenchment levels values for 1861 to bring the scenarios into similar starting levels as Clovis' MOD. Subsequently the 1861 scenarios start with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 3 and the 1862 Campaign scenario now starts at 4. The scripted events were slightly adjusted to accomodate this change.

1861 April Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 3
1861 July Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 3
1862 Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 4
1863 Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 6
1864 Campaign - starts with MaxEntrenchLevel set to 8

The Scripted Events change these levels over time on the following schedule:

In 1861, there is a small chance each turn from Aug thru Dec for the Level to increase to 4
---- with a definite increase to 4 in Jan 1862

In 1862, there is a small chance each turn from May thru Aug for the Level to increase to 5
---- with a definite increase to 5 in Sep 1862

In 1862, there is a small chance each turn from Oct thru Dec for the Level to increase to 6
---- with a definite increase to 6 in Jan 1863

In 1863, there is a small chance each turn from May thru Aug for the Level to increase to 7
---- with a definite increase to 7 in Sep 1863

In 1863, there is a small chance each turn from Oct thru Dec for the Level to increase to 8
---- with a definite increase to 8 in Jan 1864

Additional rework:

10.) Jesse Reno removed from 1864 Campaign scenario. He was killed @ South Mountain in Sep 1862.

11.) Reworked Oregon Inlet and neighboring regions' border points. Also the following 4 regions inside the barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina have been changed to "Shallow Waters".

Albermale Sound (1386)
Oregon Inlet (1388)
Pamlicoe Sound (1391)
Pamlicoe Bay (1393)

12.) CSA shipping should no longer be built upriver of the Middle Tennessee River region (Mussel Shoals).

13.) Reworked Regional state affiliations for the following 5 regions (also manually changed the regional name to match these particular state changes.

Susquehanna, PA (76) is now Suquehanna, MD.
Allegany, PA (77) is now Allegany, MD.
Fulton, PA (78) is now Fulton, MD.
Chambers, PA (1482) is now Chambers, MD.
Walhalla, NC (233) is now Walhalla, SC.

14.) Reworked the Naval starting/event reinforcement shipping for the 1861 scenarios. Naval forces should be identical in either 1861 scenarios by the end of 1861. The biggest fix was the missing Atlantic Squadrons, which now appear in both scenarios, but also several additional Naval units (6) were not appearing in either of the 1861 scenarios.

15.) Reworked an error with 615Lawrence, AL region. The Areas.ini, Regions.ini, and several scenarios incorrectly referred to this region as 615Barbour, AL.

16.) Graphically corrected the mispelled name of "Mt Pleasany" in 759 Pleasant, TX to show "Mt Pleasant".

17.) Corrected the following structure names.

Hampton (was Hampton Roads) located in James City, VA (138)
Christiansburg (was Christianburg) located in Pulaski, VA (166)
Morehead City (was Moorehead City) located in Carteret, NC (228)
Smithville (was South Port) located in Burke, NC (231)
Grand Haven (was Grand Post) located in Ottawa, MI (435)

18. Reworked terrain files, mostly on frozen rivers terrain.

19. New set of events so that the 'population loyalty' in coastal forts regions follow closely military control.

--
Thanks to all volunteers participating in the constant improvement of AACW.
--

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Lafrite

Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:20 pm

:fleurs: The master piece of Ageod game :fleurs:

WallysWorld
Captain

Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:31 pm

After I applied this patch and tried to start AACW, I got an error and the following in the main log. This patch was not installed over a fresh install of the game.

11:13:52 AM (Reporting) User: Tim Computer: OWNER-F49CDDE4C
11:13:52 AM (Reporting) Loading general settings
11:13:52 AM (Reporting) USettings.LoadSettings 324 settings loaded, out of 10 settings files.
11:13:52 AM (Reporting) Loading Localized Strings
11:13:55 AM (Reporting) ULocalize.LoadLocalStrings: System local strings loaded from C:\Program Files\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Settings\LocalStrings__AGE.csv
11:13:55 AM (Reporting) Loading Display Options
11:13:55 AM (Reporting) Entering DirectX Initializations
11:13:55 AM LocalStrings & Settings 2838343.0 µs
11:13:55 AM (Reporting) AACW 1.11
11:13:55 AM Cursors 3823.0 µs
11:13:03 AM Direct X Initializations 48128.0 µs
11:13:03 AM Fonts 1040112.1 µs
11:13:03 AM (Reporting) Loading Terrains Definitions
11:13:03 AM (Reporting) TTerrainDefs.Create 36 Terrains definitions loaded, out of 36 terrains files.
11:13:03 AM Terrains Definitions 446103.0 µs
11:13:03 AM Areas & Theaters 175676.0 µs
11:13:03 AM Particles I 60.0 µs
11:13:03 AM Populations 65.0 µs
11:13:03 AM (Reporting) TAbiDefs.Create 76 Abilities loaded, out of 76 abilities files.
11:13:03 AM Abilities 49612.0 µs
11:13:03 AM (Reporting) TListModels.Create 1002 models loaded, out of 1002 models files in 1894 ms
11:13:03 AM [Critical ] TListModels.Get Data container for models definitions has some discrepancies, for UID 213

UGADawgs
Conscript

Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:35 pm

If I have the 1.11 beta should I go ahead and download this patch?

Also, does this work with Gray Lensman's fix for the Partisan Rangers Act bug?

Dudosh
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 pm

No german :(

But I see that you updating step by step this game, great work :coeurs:

PhilThib

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:16 pm

the German version should be in there...I'll see tomorrow :tournepas

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:30 pm

Thanks Pocus

Dudosh
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:31 pm

I`m playing demo version, updated to 1.11. No, i only change beetween english and french :(

Maybe because it`s a demo? but, thanks anyway. The loading time for the graphics is much lower now at me, also the complete loading of the game

Rafiki

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:33 pm

You can't apply the patch to the demo :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Dudosh
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:34 pm

and why I become showed version 1.11? :8o:

Edit: So I re-installed the demo now completly, then I installed it new, started and he showed me Version 1.10. When I start the patch, re-start system and start he shows me Version 1.11, and like I said it`s not in german :p leure: (maybe because it`s a demo, also the languages in the patch that I can choose are still "English" and "French") but the loading times of all are much better know :coeurs:

andatiep

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:35 pm

Pocus wrote:============================
Warning: All railroads improvements will not be impacted in current games though, although no additional side effects will appears.

==================================================

Sorry, i need some translation help : should i understand that we can upgrade from 1.10d to 1.11 while playing currently a PBEM game without any problems except this one ? :
- fixed: Rail construction were not always occuring as they should (reported by Bigus).
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:58 pm

UGADawgs wrote:If I have the 1.11 beta should I go ahead and download this patch?

Also, does this work with Gray Lensman's fix for the Partisan Rangers Act bug?

Same questions here. Thanks.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:25 pm

Warman wrote:and why I become showed version 1.11? :8o:

Edit: So I re-installed the demo now completly, then I installed it new, started and he showed me Version 1.10. When I start the patch, re-start system and start he shows me Version 1.11, and like I said it`s not in german :p leure: (maybe because it`s a demo, also the languages in the patch that I can choose are still "English" and "French") but the loading times of all are much better know :coeurs:

Hope you understand this, I think it shows 1.11 now because you applied the patch to the demo, and the main file has been replaced which puts the 1.11 on the screen... Unfortunately, if you didn't have the actual full game installed, you probably have a messed up demo now and will have to uninstall everything and reinstall the demo only. You will have to wait to get the actual game to apply the 1.11 patch to it.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:32 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:10 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:I have not had time to check this yet, but the files were given to Pocus to include in this "officialized" patch, just this morning prior to his assembling this for release. I'll be checking this out in an hour or so.

edit> The files for the fixes are indeed already included and function properly in this "official" v1.11 update patch. This includes both the Arkansas River movement and the Partisan Ranger Act fixes.

FYI, most if not all future patches will be released as "Public Betas", in order to catch these types of errors. As they are found and fixes are produced, they are sent back to Pocus to include in these "Officialized" patches. It was good of you to ask however, since there is no other confirmation anywhere that they were indeed included and therefore needed to be checked out.

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:28 am

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:42 am

deleted

Dadaan
Corporal

Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:46 am

Great work guys, thanks a bunch!
[color="Blue"]The Few, The Proud[/color]
[color="Red"]Semper Fidelis[/color]

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:54 am

deleted

runyan99

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:29 am

I think I know. What's the prize?

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:05 am

deleted

dooya

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:You're a beta, so the actual answer is posted over there someplace... No prize, just satisfaction in finding the "egg". Maybe a "cyber" cigar? :niark:
Promoting "cyber"-cancer? :eek: :niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:31 am

dooya wrote:Promoting "cyber"-cancer? :eek: :niark:

Hmmm, now that you mention it, maybe I'm getting a bad case of "cyber" hemorroids, from sitting all day working on this stuff... :D

Copper Head
Conscript

Possible Issue

Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Guys,

Just checking out the 'Thunder at the Crossroads' scenario and noticed playing the Union that the 2nd Division of Second Corps has a divisional HQ unit. Is this a new unit or a slip up charting back to the times when they was divisional HQ's?

Plus I had a funny result at Gettyburg where the battle screen showed the Union had 200,000 troops engaged???

Pocus

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:43 pm

The 'Easter Egg' is Unit Renaming, as shown on Gray's screenshot.

You can rename anything but Army HQ stacks, as their name has some special properties. For the rest, it is free game... The procedure is to alt-click on a force tab, to get a new window.

How it works:

a) as long as you have a renamed force, the game engine will never rename it by itself.

b) if you empty the string (by invoking again the window and deleting the name), then auto-renaming is back.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Dudosh
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Runs great at me :coeurs: , the loading times at my game are much better, the graphic engine needs the half time to load :coeurs:

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Three cheers for AGEOD!

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Pocus wrote:The 'Easter Egg' is Unit Renaming

:fleurs: :coeurs: You lot just don't stop improving an already superb product! :coeurs: :fleurs:
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

bigus
General

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Copper Head wrote:Guys,

Just checking out the 'Thunder at the Crossroads' scenario and noticed playing the Union that the 2nd Division of Second Corps has a divisional HQ unit. Is this a new unit or a slip up charting back to the times when they was divisional HQ's?

Plus I had a funny result at Gettyburg where the battle screen showed the Union had 200,000 troops engaged???

Um...I thought I got rid of that Hq. Good eye. Let me check it out and see.
Maybe I sent Gray the wrong file. As for the Army size, The original OOB wasn't touched for either side but we have noticed this and are trying to reduce some units to bring both Armies to their historical strengths. The ratio in Army sizes to one another is O.K I believe.

Bigus

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Great Patch -- probably the greatest since I started playing the game -- I can see VAST improvements in the AI and I am only in August '61!

My thanks (once again) to the astonishingly consistent support team that resides with AGEOD. You guys are one of a kind :)

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”