W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

How the South was Lost

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:13 pm

"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

oddball79
Civilian

lmao!!

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 am

that is one of the best i've seen in awhile on youtube...

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:18 am

deleted

runyan99

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 am

The uniforms are fake, but the southerners look authentic.

arsan

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 am

:bonk: I didn't catch half what the guys said... :8o:
Must be southerner accent :niark:
Somebody posted around the forums a similar video about the English on the AWI. It was very funny, but can't find it now... :siffle:

PhilThib

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:37 am

Hilarious :niark: :coeurs:

chainsaw
Sergeant

but read the comments....gack!

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Pretty funny video, but read some the comments from the "retards" (sorry, that was not PC, try "mentally challenged retards")

Examples:
"i am southern and want my reparations from the evil yankees who invaded our sovereign nation. we are no different than georgia and russia."

"Does no one read history books? the civil war was about taxation. slavery was actually just the propaganda the north used to get people into the war the North had just as many slaves the day that the Republicans freed them."
[ed - umm, that would be zero??]

"I do care Thats why I fight. That is why these types of Videos are opressive? Why do we never see a Video of the WAR CRIMES Commited by the Northern Army against the slaves they supposedly fought to free?"

"There's no justice in this world. The religious liberal-cult madmen always win - US civil war, WW2, the 60's: the rest of us are going to have to stop being so damn reasonable with these fanatical, psychotic mass-murdering lunatics. And stop fighting each other to satisfy jewish banksters."

Wow...and that's the debate coming from a video clearly marked as comedy! :p leure: Is this how the world sees us here in the good old USA?
=========
[SIZE="4"][color="Orange"] Go Hokies![/color][/size]
=========

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:40 pm

chainsaw wrote:Pretty funny video, but read some the comments from the "retards" (sorry, that was not PC, try "mentally challenged retards")

Examples:
"i am southern and want my reparations from the evil yankees who invaded our sovereign nation. we are no different than georgia and russia."

"Does no one read history books? the civil war was about taxation. slavery was actually just the propaganda the north used to get people into the war the North had just as many slaves the day that the Republicans freed them."
[ed - umm, that would be zero??]

"I do care Thats why I fight. That is why these types of Videos are opressive? Why do we never see a Video of the WAR CRIMES Commited by the Northern Army against the slaves they supposedly fought to free?"

"There's no justice in this world. The religious liberal-cult madmen always win - US civil war, WW2, the 60's: the rest of us are going to have to stop being so damn reasonable with these fanatical, psychotic mass-murdering lunatics. And stop fighting each other to satisfy jewish banksters."

Wow...and that's the debate coming from a video clearly marked as comedy! :p leure: Is this how the world sees us here in the good old USA?

This is going to sound harsh, but yes, we do. Americans are known to be somewhat topographically challenged and of course it's easy (and funny) to interview them and show it on the news over here.

For a laugh, see if you can find the Australian presenter who goes around asking people: So, what country do you think the US should invade next?
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

johnnyreb6
Conscript

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:53 pm

I didn't watch the video it was too much BS. Alright, I admit the last comment on YouTube was insane, but the rest were fine. They all tell the truth and support the Southern Confederacy. As a Virginian you should support the South chainsaw.
Confederate Ancestors:
Pvt. John P. Forrest (1st cousin of Nathan B. Forrest)
Cpl. David Garren
Pvt. Carter Martin

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:03 pm

That video was very funny. I didn't read the comments though. I will have to go check those out, also.
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:49 pm

arsan wrote: :bonk: I didn't catch half what the guys said... :8o:
Must be southerner accent :niark:

Don't feel bad. Those of us U.S. midwesterners who have English as our native tongue sometimes have a hard time comprehending what a southerner is saying. As a youngster, my parents once took us on a trip from Kansas to visit our cousins in Tennessee. Their regional accent was so thick that I had a hard time figuring out what they were saying. (They probably thought it was MY accent that was funny.)

Dixicrat
General

Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Yep, you un's up yonder tawlk right funny. But we 'uns down heer in Tainessee don' pay it no mind.

Translation: We of Tennessee tend to find Northern accents peculiar, but not in any way that's unsettling.
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]
Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Dixicrat wrote:Yep, you un's up yonder tawlk right funny. But we 'uns down heer in Tainessee don' pay it no mind.

Translation: We of Tennessee tend to find Northern accents peculiar, but not in any way that's unsettling.

This applies in Alabama also. Even though every time I meet someone outside of Alabama they ask me if I am from Missouri. :siffle:
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Barker
Major

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Evun tho I iz from Sout Karoline I speek wif a drawl. cant hep it but I do say dat all my famuly iz from Alabama, nort west, Franklun County. We iz not hill folk, we just verbully challunged.

No but seriously the aspect of the civil war and the slavery issue gors back to the Mo. Compromise. Let the states decide what they wanted to do. I My opinion it was about a group of states wanting to form a more perfect union they decided to form a country themselves under an illusion that cotton was king and the world could not do without it. But the average southern man of the time did not really care about slavery, it was protecting their land from an invasion from the north. Whether that is right or wrong who am I to say. I did not live back then and see things first hand. We rely on winner's history lessons and the losing factions recollection.

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Barker wrote: We rely on winner's history lessons and the losing factions recollection.

It was one of my countries true giants, Churchill, that said 'History is written by the victors' and its always been true. He also said that 'History will be kind to me because I will write it'....again very true of victorious countries and leaders. :love:

Barker
Major

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:23 pm

i agree totally

Dixicrat
General

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Barker wrote:Evun tho I iz from Sout Karoline I speek wif a drawl. cant hep it but I do say dat all my famuly iz from Alabama, nort west, Franklun County. We iz not hill folk, we just verbully challunged.

:mdr:
Ah reckun 'at hits purt near th' same awl-over th' southlan', frend. We'uns ain't stoopid; jus' verbully challunged!

Translation: The presence of a thick accent isn't necessarily indicative of low intelligence. You'll find them throughout the South.
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]

Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

PBBoeye
General

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:44 pm

I just thought it was weak comedy. I am fairly sure that couldn't have made a bad SNL night. Nothing clever, nothing witty. Poor delivery. I understood what they were attempting to portray, but felt it was lame.

The only decent part I thought was the beginning when he mentioned the various states the men were from, then it panned out and there was a group of five guys. OK, that was pretty funny.

squarian
Brigadier General

Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:52 pm

This stuff is on-topic, huh? Well, alright then....

EC total: 538
Blue: 251
Red: 227
-CSA 153
= 74

Secession...it's the right thing.

Barker
Major

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:25 am

Wull my cuzins, I be a Hillbilly Shriner, card toten at dat. An I iz frum da south....cackalacky basucklly

anarchyintheuk
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:37 pm

History is just as often written by the losers and disaffected victors.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”