UnionBlue
Private

Athena is a little sleepy

Tue May 21, 2013 4:31 pm

I recently started up a grand campaign and after a few turns I noticed something very strange. I set The AI to colonel and Very aggressive yet as I continued playing the AI remained passive. I started up a few different scenarios to see if this would happen again and sure enough the AI remained passive. I have the 1.16a patch installed and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I'm also wondering how I could resolve this problem as I want to play the game with somewhat of a challenge.
"We'll fight them, sir, 'til hell freezes over, and then, sir, we will fight them on the ice."
A Confederate soldier at Gettysburg

Wraith
Sergeant

Tue May 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Check to see if the "Passive AI" box is checked? Or, conversely, upgrade to the 1.17a level?

UnionBlue
Private

Tue May 21, 2013 5:43 pm

I have tried to update to 1.17a however it constantly crashes. I have checked the AI box and made sure its off passive
"We'll fight them, sir, 'til hell freezes over, and then, sir, we will fight them on the ice."

Captain_Orso

Tue May 21, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm going to put on my Captain Obvious hat and ask if you have AI turned on :neener:

I would also really, rEAlly, ReAlly suggest getting 1.17a to work. There should be no reason for 1.16a to work but 1.17a to cause crashes that shouldn't be able to be ironed out.

UnionBlue
Private

Wed May 22, 2013 12:46 am

Yes. I have checked, double checked and checked again that I have the AI on. But it still remains passive. I would update to 1.17a but again it crashes. I have no idea how to solve that.

UnionBlue
Private

Wed May 22, 2013 2:15 am

I found a good thread (coincidentally started by you captain orso) that had exactly what I needed to resolve the issue. I recently bought a new laptop (Win 7) that had many problems running the game. I went to settings and ran this program in Win xp which resolved the issue.

Captain_Orso

Wed May 22, 2013 7:54 am

Hey UB, great! :)

It would be nice if you linked to the thread that solved your issue so that others might find it too ;)

UnionBlue
Private

Wed May 22, 2013 4:36 pm

I'll link the website:

Here's the link courtesy of lodilefty

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games

Captain_Orso

Wed May 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks UB :thumbsup:

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”