dave
Private

Great Game!!! A few Questions

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:15 am

Hello All,

Played the tutorials and first manassas scenario, have a few questions before i move on.

1) Command Structure - I understand the army/corps/division relationship (i think!!), but how do i move elements e.g. how do i put a single regiment into a brigade??

2) Army size - I think its great that the game shows figures for casualties in battles, but how about a figure showing the number of troops per side in that battle?? if my csa takes 3000 casualties while inflicting the same number on the usa, but i knew i had only half the number of men in the feild, this would seem like a victory not a draw!!

3) Prisoners - In the first manassas scenario i regularily took prisoners in battles according to the icon in the battle summary - are these included in the total casualties number??

I would like to congratulate you on an excellent game!!! im still getting to grips with it but i can see the hours mounting up on this one!!!. Although from England, i have loved the civil war since i was a kid and have been longing for a game like this for years (Forge of Freedom didnt quite do it for me, although it isnt a bad game - i dont think there are enough regions to simulate the vastness of the theatre of operations - unlike aacw :sourcil: )

thanks

dave

Adlertag

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:07 am

dave wrote:Hello All,

1) Command Structure - I understand the army/corps/division relationship (i think!!), but how do i move elements e.g. how do i put a single regiment into a brigade??

You can't move element outside the unit it belongs to.
Element is the smallest part of an unit simulated by the game and is definitively attached to it since the time unit was created.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

frank7350
Brigadier General

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:22 am

i may be wrong, but i believe your second request may included in an upcoming patch...i know its been discussed before

christof139
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:30 am

frank7350 wrote:i may be wrong, but i believe your second request may included in an upcoming patch...i know its been discussed before

Groovey!!! The drag-and-drop option/mechanic would work well for the elements as it does for the higher echelon command units. :)

Chris

dave
Private

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:23 am

Adlertag wrote:You can't move element outside the unit it belongs to.
Element is the smallest part of an unit simulated by the game and is definitively attached to it since the time unit was created.

thanks for the answer.

So if in one turn i recruit a militia unit in say virginia and i also recruit in virginia a brigade that has two infantry elements, i cannot at a later stage add that militia to the brigade to bring it up to three elements?

dave
Private

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:25 am

frank7350 wrote:i may be wrong, but i believe your second request may included in an upcoming patch...i know its been discussed before

Great!!!

I think this is the one feature i would like to see more than any other non-essential update!!

GoldSpear
Private

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:29 pm

Please clarify:
1. The patch will allow elements to diverge.
or
2. show figures of actual partipants in battle
or
3. Im not understanding any of the questions or answers :bonk:
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees . . . (Last words of Gen. "Stonewall" Jackson)

GoldSpear
Private

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:31 pm

haha
or
4. Need one more cup of this lite coffee.
I'm crackin' up atm. :niark:
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees . . . (Last words of Gen. "Stonewall" Jackson)

Pocus

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:33 pm

we will add the number of men at start yes.

We will not add the possibility to detach/attach at will elements from a unit. We want to keep the unit, not the element, as the base object to manipulate, this is part of the overall game design.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

dave
Private

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:56 pm

thats great pocus, thanks!!!

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”