MASAYUKI
Conscript

Supply Wagon

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 am

Since the contents of a front line unit's Supply Wagon decreased, it was made to move to New York which has supply goods in large numbers. However, contents are left with Supply Wagon not filled up with.
If it does what, please tell Supply Wagon whether goods can be supplied again.
Moreover, about a unit, once it is worn out, it will not be supplied easily. Please let me know this solution.

pesec
Corporal

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:01 am

To all: please correct me if I am wrong.
MASAYUKI wrote:Since the contents of a front line unit's Supply Wagon decreased, it was made to move to New York which has supply goods in large numbers. However, contents are left with Supply Wagon not filled up with.
If it does what, please tell Supply Wagon whether goods can be supplied again.
Moreover, about a unit, once it is worn out, it will not be supplied easily. Please let me know this solution.

Supply is distributed before movement takes place. If a unit is sitting on a source of supply it should get suppplied after "next turn" button is pressed and before it moves.

If you just got your wagon into New York from a place where units consume more supplies than wagons can draw from depots, the wagon would not be supplied before it moves. Then, having little or no supply, it moved (during 15-day turn) to New York and is now sitting there. So, if you move it back to the unit, it should draw the supply from New York and then, full of supplies, it would move to your units.

Once again, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:00 am

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:05 am

deleted

Jim-NC

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm

pesec wrote:To all: please correct me if I am wrong.

Supply is distributed before movement takes place. If a unit is sitting on a source of supply it should get suppplied after "next turn" button is pressed and before it moves.

If you just got your wagon into New York from a place where units consume more supplies than wagons can draw from depots, the wagon would not be supplied before it moves. Then, having little or no supply, it moved (during 15-day turn) to New York and is now sitting there. So, if you move it back to the unit, it should draw the supply from New York and then, full of supplies, it would move to your units.

Once again, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

One other thing, the supply wagon will show the supply it had at the end of the last turn during your orders phase. As above, it is only when you hit the "next turn" button that the wagon gets it's supply. The same applies at the end point. The unit(s) that the supply wagon has moved to will not get the wagon's benefit until the next turn.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oldparatrooper
Conscript

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Just making sure I understand correctly. A supply wagon will pull supply from a supply source from one region away? It doesn't have to be in the same region as the supply source?

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm

deleted

Oldparatrooper
Conscript

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks, Gray. :bonk: My bad, not thinking to look that up myself. Must be "Old Age" creeping up on me.

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:34 pm

deleted

MASAYUKI
Conscript

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Thank you for your contribution.
I myself have translated, while English is not its favorite but a manual also consults a dictionary.
I cannot understand a supply rule only by a manual, then ask it to you.
Is neither Supply Wagon nor Unit recovered automatically, if it moves to a non-combat zone?
Isn't the exhausted portion recovered even if it does not use Replacement?

Please instruct me, although it is fundamental.

Jim-NC

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 pm

MASAYUKI wrote:Thank you for your contribution.
I myself have translated, while English is not its favorite but a manual also consults a dictionary.
I cannot understand a supply rule only by a manual, then ask it to you.
Is neither Supply Wagon nor Unit recovered automatically, if it moves to a non-combat zone?
Isn't the exhausted portion recovered even if it does not use Replacement?

Please instruct me, although it is fundamental.

I believe you are refering to cohesion and damage, as well as supply.

On cohesion (the purple bar on the unit graphic). Cohesion is recovered each day of a turn. The amount depends on posture (passive, defensive, attack or assault), and I believe location (being in buildings, with supply depots). This is not supply, but is exhastion (in the game you sometimes get warning about a unit attempting to avoid combat due to low cohesion).

Hit recovery (the blue bar on the unit graphc) is replacements, and the amount added to the unit depends on side, posture, and location. You must also have replacements of the available type.

Each of these (cohesion, recovery, supply) are gained/used at different rates using different calculations.

I hope this clears up your question.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sbr
Corporal

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:04 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Not really your bad... It really isn't that clear without emphasizing the blue text of the first quote and in fact I had to struggle to find the part about the 1 region away limit. That's why I posted it instead of just stating it. :)

Just to be clear I understand how this works:

Buildings (Depots, Cities, Forts, etc.) can push supply to other buildings, up to 5 regions away.

Units, including Wagons, can only receive supply from a supply source that is in the same or an adjacent region.

Is that correct? If so, does a unit receive the same amount of supply from an adjacent source as it would from a source in its own region?

Mickey3D

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:58 pm

There is here what I think is a good explanation of how supply work.

sbr wrote:Buildings (Depots, Cities, Forts, etc.) can push supply to other buildings, up to 5 regions away.

Yes, but this push can happen three times in a turn.

Units, including Wagons, can only receive supply from a supply source that is in the same or an adjacent region.

Wagon can receive supply from farther than the adjacent region (like a depot or a city) but they can NOT forward it (except to provide supply to an unit in an adjacent region).

If so, does a unit receive the same amount of supply from an adjacent source as it would from a source in its own region?

Amount is based on the supply capacity of each source and an adjacent source will provide as much suplly it can as long as weather allow it (i.e. cost to travel from one region to the other is not too high).

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi all, guys! :)

Sbr, you try building a depot every 3 or 5 regions and you won´t have problems with supply. And don´t forget protect depots properly!! :thumbsup: ;)

Regards!
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sbr
Corporal

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Mickey3D wrote:Wagon can receive supply from farther than the adjacent region (like a depot or a city) but they can NOT forward it (except to provide supply to an unit in an adjacent region).

But that directly contradicts what Gray just said earlier in this thread, doesn't it?

Gray_Lensman wrote:Supply units do not "draw" supply beyond the normal 1 region distance from a supply source. Instead they act as mobile "manual" supply sources that you move back and forth between a proper supply source and an "end use" group of combat units.

Mickey3D

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:05 am

sbr wrote:But that directly contradicts what Gray just said earlier in this thread, doesn't it?

Here is what is written in AACW wiki :

"A supply wagon is a unit that helps supply forces it is stacked with, both by providing supply directly from the stores they carry and by "pulling" supply from nearby depots at greater distances than others units can by themselves"

Also in a PBEM I'm playing now, a stack with a wagon has been in Barren (Kentucky) for several winter turns (Bowling Green is hold by the south) and supplied without problem through Louisville and the railroad.

Gray_Lensman

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 am

deleted

sbr
Corporal

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 am

Alright thanks to both of you. The Wiki is rather outdated in places so I usually do go with what people say here over that.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”