Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Generalisimo wrote:If you will play different versions, then it is a lot more secure to have two different installations... if not, sooner or later, something will fail.

Yes. I already have two. -- The question is, can I continue a game started one 1.14c with 1.15, so I don't need two different *versions*? :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Gray_Lensman

Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:30 pm

deleted

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Continuing a game started with v1.14c with v1.15 might make your PC explode into a zillion pieces. :D

That's what I am afraid of! :bonk: :D

Honestly, why don't you just take the save game started under v1.14c and copy it into the save folder of the v1.15 installation, start the game up and see if it works?

If it works without crashing, you're home free.

Sounds like a good idea, thanks. :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]

Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)

[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]

American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Krec
Sergeant

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:11 pm

you guys are the best, great job, ty for yor tireless effort in bringing us hardcore fans the best you can.!! :thumbsup:

merlin55
Conscript

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:02 pm

DarthMath wrote:Thank you all for the good work !! :thumbsup:

Edit : I confirm the 1.14f, despite a fresh clean install. WAD or not ?

Hi all, sorry to be such a newbie, but what does WAD mean, please?

DarthMath
Colonel

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:27 pm

Np problem, Merlin. And welcome to the forum. :)
"WAD" means "work(ing) as designed".
Take a look at this link :
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9217
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

1.15 crashed

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Game crashed. Playing USA vs. Athena. Crash happened when I tried to drag/move Reynolds (I think) from the Pittsburgh area down to the cut rail line east of Grafton.
Attachments
AACWcrash.rar
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 315 times

Pocus

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am

This is an interface crash, so unless you can manage to redo it, we can't fix it, sorry.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 pm

I restarted at the turn it crashed, continued playing while being careful not to do the same thing. Didn't crash and game proceeded normally.

Jim-NC

General's deaths

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:35 am

I am playing a PBEM with Longhairedlout (1862 West scenario), and have not noticed any crosses or black bands around any opposing generals in the after action report. He has told me via email about the death of 2 generals (Breckinridge and Cheatham) during battles. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a bug?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

arsan

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:00 pm

You mean enemy's generals deaths don't show on the battle report?? :confused:

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Arsan and Jim, there was a cross on my CSA battle report but there doesn't seem to be one on Jim's USA one, I'm sure I can dig out the correct turn files in the backup folders if anyone want's to have a look....

arsan

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:07 am

Hi!

I think posting the saves here or sending them to support@ageod.com would do no wrong! :thumbsup:
Maybe Gray or Pocus can have a look at them...

I've not played AACW in a couple of months but i'm currently playing a WIA campaign with the new patch and found suspicious that while i have already lost 3 or 4 leaders in battle i had never seen the AI lost any on the battle reports :bonk:
As both games share quite a big part of the code, your report can also explain what i'm experiencing in WIA. Enemies leader deaths happen but are not shown on the report :bonk:
Certainly a smaller bug that enemies leaders death not happening at all as i feared! :) But a bug none the less!

Cheers!

lodilefty

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 pm

I confirm that WIA does this too, and has for quite some time.

I'm not sure: are you supposed to be notified of an enemy leader death? :confused:

I see this as Fog of War and hence WAD....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

arsan

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:23 pm

lodilefty wrote:I confirm that WIA does this too, and has for quite some time.

I'm not sure: are you supposed to be notified of an enemy leader death? :confused:

I see this as Fog of War and hence WAD....

Certainly you were notified before :bonk:
I loved to see that crosses and black bands on the battle reports :coeurs: (specially if they were enemies :D )
I guess if you can know precisely how many enemy soldiers, guns and even horses have been killed, i guess you should also get the news if Lee, Washington or Napoleon got killed too. That things tend to be noticed, sooner or later :neener: :D
I will count this as a bug, much minor than the "no enemy leaders get killed ever" but a bug none the less :bonk:

Cheers!

gchristie
Brigadier General

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:51 pm

I can confirm in a pbem game with Cobra II that in a recent battle one of my generals - John Reynolds (guess he was destined to die during the war :( )- was killed and a little black cross appeared next to his star in the battle report.

We are experiencing a different problem. Twice it appears we have skipped ahead a turn, or at least Cobra II's turn was skipped. I'm hosting so it may be something I wasn't doing right, but it has never happened when I was hosting in prior versions.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

arsan

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:01 pm

gchristie wrote:I can confirm in a pbem game with Cobra II that in a recent battle one of my generals - John Reynolds (guess he was destined to die during the war :( )- was killed and a little black cross appeared next to his star in the battle report.

Yes, you can see your own dead generals, but not the enemies ones. Thats the little problem. Before you could see yours and enemies leaders casualties in the battle report. :)

gchristie
Brigadier General

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Oh...what are you seeing, Cobra II?
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

cobraII
Captain

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Yeah i did not see any crosses on any pictures of opponents leaders, when he told me that one of his leaders died, I just assumed it was not one of the leaders shown in the battle report, because it can only show so many, cant remeber how many. but if what you guys are saying is true and its a bug then that could explain it also.
Quote General Lee Gettysburg movie,
"Do you see, General, there is the great trap, to be a good soldier you must love the army, to be a good commander you must be ready to order the death of the thing you love. We don't fear our death. But if this war goes on and on and the men die and the price gets ever high. We are prepared to lose some of us, but we are never prepared to lose all of us. We are adrift here in a sea of blood and I want it to end. I want this to be the final battle".

marecone

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Athena as rebel has too much interest in western virginia. Clovis in his svf mod handled this by changing vicory points for certain cities. All in all he got max from rebel athena (I did't try union ai). Unfortunatelly he ain't visiting forum any more and his mod can't be played with new patch.
As old acw beta tester I humbly ask is it possible that pocus takes a look in that mod and perhaps make a few changes.
During all tests for svf mod athena played at lest 30% better then in usuall patches and was almost unbeatable and with no or very few strategical mistakes.
Also, if any of you moders read this, perhaps you can help as well to make svf mod playable again.

Thanks in advance
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

cobraII
Captain

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:34 pm

I can definatly say that after this round of turns with my pbem opponent gchristi, I opened up the first battle report and it showed that I had killed one of his generals. So i dont know where the problem if there is one is at.
Quote General Lee Gettysburg movie,

"Do you see, General, there is the great trap, to be a good soldier you must love the army, to be a good commander you must be ready to order the death of the thing you love. We don't fear our death. But if this war goes on and on and the men die and the price gets ever high. We are prepared to lose some of us, but we are never prepared to lose all of us. We are adrift here in a sea of blood and I want it to end. I want this to be the final battle".

arsan

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 pm

cobraII wrote:I can definatly say that after this round of turns with my pbem opponent gchristi, I opened up the first battle report and it showed that I had killed one of his generals. So i dont know where the problem if there is one is at.

:blink: With 1.15?? :confused:
So it sometimes show them and sometimes not?? :sherlock:

Alzate
Private

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Just to thank ageod for delivering and keep on patching this GREAT GAME. almost 20 years of playing with strategic/war games and this is the one that has glued me to the pc for hours and hours, even more than my beloved classics (railroad tycoon and EUII)
gracias! :thumbsup:

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:16 am

I protect Lew Wallace at all costs. If he is killed in battle, Ben-Hur will never be written! ;)

Rexor
Sergeant

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:31 am

marecone wrote:Athena as rebel has too much interest in western virginia. Clovis in his svf mod handled this by changing vicory points for certain cities. All in all he got max from rebel athena (I did't try union ai). Unfortunatelly he ain't visiting forum any more and his mod can't be played with new patch.
As old acw beta tester I humbly ask is it possible that pocus takes a look in that mod and perhaps make a few changes.
During all tests for svf mod athena played at lest 30% better then in usuall patches and was almost unbeatable and with no or very few strategical mistakes.
Also, if any of you moders read this, perhaps you can help as well to make svf mod playable again.

Thanks in advance

I second this. Is there any way to make the mod workable with the new patch?
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."—Samuel Johnson

Pocus

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:10 am

marecone wrote:Athena as rebel has too much interest in western virginia. Clovis in his svf mod handled this by changing vicory points for certain cities. All in all he got max from rebel athena (I did't try union ai). Unfortunatelly he ain't visiting forum any more and his mod can't be played with new patch.

Thanks in advance

This should go into a mod then, we are sorry but we can't dedicate any more resource (hands, brain, time, money) to AACW, unless in case of crashing bugs.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:09 pm

I noticed the undue interest in West(ern) Virginia as well. I fixed this problem (sort of) by setting the CSA/AI to "passive." Athena plays a more reasonable game all around as a result. Much less recklessness on all fronts, but still some surprisingly bold moves.

Don't be put off by the tag "passive," as it is something of a misnomer.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:32 pm

I've posted the following bugs in the past and so am reluctant to post them again. I was told that they were fixed and would not be present in the final patch. Alas, here they are rearing their ugly head.

First, the Union 3 element bde, with 2 infantry elements and a cavalry element still costs 3CPs. Any chance we could get it fixed back to its original cost of 2 CPs?

Next, the Union 3 element bde, with 2 infantry elements and a sharpshooter still cannot be brigaded with a leader. Any chance this could be fixed?

I tried very hard to track down all the bugs before the final patch was released. I'm really going to be stunned if I find that the others that I helped to track down are still lurking around. I will gladly post them up if I can get a gurantee that they will be fixed and not an empty promise.

In any case, thank you AGEOD for the game. For sure the best entertainment investment I have ever made!
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Gray_Lensman

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:52 pm

deleted

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:19 am

Ahh lol stun shield activated. :niark: When\if a MOD is released I will post these up in the relevant thread.
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."

-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”