cleveland
Corporal

Administrative Costs to Form Division

Mon May 04, 2009 1:13 am

How much does it cost to form a division? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

And is the cost deducted automatically or is it something I have to pay for manually? (first game I started every division I formed was only partially operational because I couldn't pay the costs)

thanks

Le Ricain

Mon May 04, 2009 1:55 am

cleveland wrote:How much does it cost to form a division? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

And is the cost deducted automatically or is it something I have to pay for manually? (first game I started every division I formed was only partially operational because I couldn't pay the costs)

thanks

It costs $10, 1 Conscript & 5 WS to form a division. These costs are deducted automatically.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

SkyWestNM
Sergeant

Division command

Mon May 04, 2009 1:57 am

It costs 10 money, 1 conscipt, and 5 war supply per division command. The costs are nonrefundable if you choose to retract division command at some time in the future.

The game system will allow you to promote even if you do not have the necessary parts, however, the penalties to the general in his stats (and movement I think) will carry over to the next turn until command costs are paid. Equally the costs will carry over to the next turn and will show up in red as already spent in the financial chart.

tc237
Colonel

Mon May 04, 2009 3:29 am

The cost is not payed untill the turn is processed, is that correct ?

For example, the player can experiment and form divisions with different Generals and unit combinations during the turn, but only the new divisions that exist when the Next Turn button is pressed will be charged the $10, 1 CS, 1WSU, correct ?

The cost is not payed every time the player forms and disbands a division during the planning phase ?

SkyWestNM
Sergeant

Mon May 04, 2009 3:43 am

Good point, tc. That is correct. Costs are not paid until the end ;) turn is processed so you can undo any changes made. ;)

HMSWarspite
Private

Mon May 04, 2009 7:15 am

Just to clarify further, in a following turn, once the division is paid for, you can split it up, and reorganise it without paying for it again. The key is the division commander must have at least one unit combined with him when you end the turn. You pay nothing extra for doing this. If you split the division up (the red "-" button while the div is selected), and dont then combine at least one unit with the leader (who retains the grey stripe across his name), you lose that division, and will have to pay for it again in a subsequent turn if you reform it (or more accurately, give command back to the commander). The commander is key at all times, the individual elements can be swapped out freely as long as the commander has something in his division at turn end...
I know: wrong war, wrong country, wrong century. But she's my favourite:nuts:

cleveland
Corporal

Mon May 04, 2009 5:09 pm

thanks for quick responses!

Do you guys usually attach supply units to divisions? The eat up a lot of space. I'm playing early war campaigns (over and over) in order to get familar with the game so corps are not an issue yet.

arsan

Mon May 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi!
you mean inside a division?? no, never!
Cram your divisions with combat elements
A typical "ideal" division could be leader+4 arty+1 cav+1 sharpshooter+ 11 infantry elements. But its not set in stone and there are other theories around (mostly using some more arty if you have it)
Supply units should be on the stack accompanying the divisions, but not inside one.
As a rule of thumb you should have at least a supply unit per corps/medium sized stack.
If you haven't done it already, check these tips :coeurs:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=6823
Regards!

cleveland
Corporal

Mon May 04, 2009 6:25 pm

thanks, that's what I figured. I tried adding a suppy unit to a division but I ended up having no room for combat elements.

also, thanks for link.

Tex Willer
Corporal

Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 pm

cleveland wrote:thanks, that's what I figured. I tried adding a suppy unit to a division but I ended up having no room for combat elements.

also, thanks for link.

Do you wanted to add a supply unit to a division? But you don't have to pay any Command Points to add them to the force, so I think it isn't usefull fro you :confused:

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”