Pocus

Feature #15 Songs and Sounds

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:07 am

Compared to our first game, Birth of America, you will experience quite an upgrade in the sound department too.

First the soundtrack. No less than 19 different instrumental songs. All made by musicians of the 2nd South Carolina Band, professional artists well versed in the American Civil War on many aspects.

As you'll be planning your moves, you'll be hearing the ACW classics, recorded specially for AGEOD: When Johnny Comes Marching Home, Dixie's Land, Bonnie Blue Flag, Battlecry of Freedom, Battle Hymn of the Republic, etc. etc.

But that's not all. The game sounds are now made by Michael Huang (he is the man behind the sounds of Dominions I, II, III games, published by Shrapnelgames, and they are rather good). There is now 70 sounds in AACW, from infantry marching to mortar shelling fortifications, cavalry charges, sharpshooters skirmishing, shells landing in the sea, steamers on river, locomotives, etc.

With such an environment, we hope the gaming experience will be even more immersive.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:27 am

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:45 am

True, being a beta tester I can tell you these 2nd South Carolina guys were enthusiast with the project and made an excellent job.
:coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Florent

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:46 am

Bravo, l'ambiance devrait être incroyable en plus de tous ces petits détails cités plus tôt (comme l'échange des prisonniers). Est ce que les évènements spéciaux contiendront des photos d'époque ?

Pocus

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:48 am

yes, the historical events system of BOA is still there, with photos from the Civil War.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Remise
Private

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:22 pm

The Second South Carolina String Band are the best there are, and good for you in getting their music. I have hired a couple of them twice for events my unit did in Gettysburg, and they are extremely good musicians. I have all of their albums, and can't wait to see the game's playlist!

B.C. Milligan
Company K, First Penna. Reserves

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:53 pm

The Second South Carolina String Band

Here is the link: http://www.civilwarband.com/

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Generalisimo

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Great addition. Congrats guys!! :niark:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Florent

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:54 pm

Thanks Korrigan for the link. I like very much their version of dixie. Are Maryland , my Maryland and Garry Owen included in the 19. Custer heard it (Garry Owen)during the Civil War and adopted it for his 7th cavalry later. Do you choose a particular song during play or all the 19 are played one after the other "en boucle". Fantastic !!

Le Ricain

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:00 pm

Florent wrote:Thanks Korrigan for the link. I like very much their version of dixie. Are Maryland , my Maryland and Garry Owen included in the 19. Custer heard it (Garry Owen)during the Civil War and adopted it for his 7th cavalry later. Do you choose a particular song during play or all the 19 are played one after the other "en boucle". Fantastic !!

As you have noted, the song Garry Owen was adopted by Custer for the 7th Cavalry after the war (1867). However, during the war it was the marching song of the 69th New York Volunteers. This regiment's nickname, 'the Fighting 69th', was given to the regiment at the battle of Malvern Hill by Robert E. Lee when the 69th forced the Louisiana Tigers to retreat. Also at the same battle Thomas Jackson was heard to remark, 'Here comes those damned green flags again' when the regiment was advancing upon his position.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”