TheDoctorKing

Re-naming units

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:19 am

I'm trying to change the name of the "Northeast Virginia Army" to the "Army of the Potomac" but no luck. I'm noticing that I can change the name of the Alexandria Garrison, in the same area with the NEV Army, by ALT-clicking on its tab. Is there some reason that Armies can't have their names changed?

Gray_Lensman

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:52 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:I'm trying to change the name of the "Northeast Virginia Army" to the "Army of the Potomac" but no luck. I'm noticing that I can change the name of the Alexandria Garrison, in the same area with the NEV Army, by ALT-clicking on its tab. Is there some reason that Armies can't have their names changed?

This is WAD. You can't rename armies. Coding restrictions.

Rafiki

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:03 am

Indeed. Armies have a specific naming system that depends on where it is located when you form it as well as which armies that exist already :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Jabberwock

Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:55 am

You can separate one unit from an army, rename the separate unit, and drop the army onto that unit.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Gray_Lensman

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:20 am

Jabberwock wrote:You can separate one unit from an army, rename the separate unit, and drop the army onto that unit.

But in that case, you're just naming the stack... I think as soon as you move the army out of the stack, it again has it's own predesignated name. You still can't change the name of the Army itself, which is what the original poster inquired about.

TheDoctorKing

Dissolve and re-form

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:52 pm

I dissolved the Army of Northeastern Virginia, got a message saying that McDowell would be upset for 3 NM and 25 VP unless I gave him another army. Then I re-formed the army, and got another message saying that Butler had more seniority and if I passed him over I would lose a bunch of NM and VP. But I persisted and no penalty appears to have been assessed. And the army is now named the Army of the Potomac.

LuckyJim1001
Private

Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:11 am

Guys I Have to ask - what is WAD ?

Rafiki

Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:15 am

"Works as designed", i.e. the effects you see are what they are intended to be :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”