1stvermont
Major

Ill Take my Stand- Causes of Southern Secession

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:07 pm

"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
Confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen before Gettysburg

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
Southern solider about northern General Sherman

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".
Northern newspaper about the death of Stonewall Jackson

1stvermont
Major

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 pm

tripax wrote:
@1stVermont: I'm not sure what you mean by interacting with me multiple forums (or did you mean threads?). In recent years, my online writing is only here and on wikipedia, and, while I'd love to see you put your energy into writing on wikipedia (and would be happy to help you or anyone here get started there), I'm pretty sure I've never run into you on that site (if I'm wrong, I don't know how you know my username there, but feel free to PM me your username).

Thanks for the kind words and offer to help. I have been encouraged to start a website [with offer to do it for me even] and also to put my stuff on a website. If i were to do that i must first properly edit and reference my material. That would be allot of work at this point in my life. When the kids are out of the house that is something i may get into down the line. But I am just happy know to be digging into the military aspects again, my true love. For example my next interest I have been working on and will post here on the forum if i am allowed. Is that George McClellan was the most underrated general of the war. I know it sounds crazy, just first read it when I post. I would love your analysis when I do.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"

Confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen before Gettysburg

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"

Southern solider about northern General Sherman

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".

Northern newspaper about the death of Stonewall Jackson

lodilefty

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:02 pm

1stvermont wrote:Thanks for the kind words and offer to help. I have been encouraged to start a website [with offer to do it for me even] and also to put my stuff on a website. If i were to do that i must first properly edit and reference my material. That would be allot of work at this point in my life. When the kids are out of the house that is something i may get into down the line. But I am just happy know to be digging into the military aspects again, my true love. For example my next interest I have been working on and will post here on the forum if i am allowed. Is that George McClellan was the most underrated general of the war. I know it sounds crazy, just first read it when I post. I would love your analysis when I do.

I look forward to a discussion of McClellan's Military capability. Just no politics, OK?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “ACW History Club / Histoire de la Guerre de Sécession”