Feel free to post whichever you wonder about or others that you think should be on the list. This first post will be updated to reflect it
[SIZE="2"](The ones you often can see elsewhere)[/size]
- +1 - "Add one to the number of people who mean/agree with this", i.e. "I agree"
- A+ - Later; From French: "A plus tard"
- AFAIK - As far as I know
- ASAP - As soon as possible
- BTW - By the way
- FAQ - Frequently asked question(s); can also refer to a collection of such (with answers to the questions)
- Fnord - Fnord
- FWIW - For what it's worth
- FYI - For your information
- Grognard - Veteran wargamer
- HTH - Hope this helps
- IIRC - If I remember correctly
- IMHO - In my humble opinion
- J/K - Just kidding
- KISS - Keep it simple & stupid / Keep it simple, stupid (note the nuance )
- LOL - Laughing out loud
- OMG - Oh my God
- OTOH - On the other hand
- ROFL - Rolling on floor laughing
- TBH - To be honest
- WAD - Working as designed
- YMMV - Your mileage may vary (i.e. your experience/results may differ from mine)
[SIZE="2"](The ones you can benefit from knowing around here)[/size]
- AACW - "AGEOD's American Civil War"; AGEOD's second title.
- AAR - After action report
- AI - Artificial Intelligence; usually referring to the computer player when playing single-player games.
- AGE - Adaptive Game Engine / Athena Games Entertainment
- BOA - "Birth of America"; AGEOD's first title
- IA - Artificial Intelligence (from French: "Intelligence Articifielle"
- Mod - Short for "modding" or "modification"; when you change the game in some way from the "official" version to better suit your tastes.
- MTSG - "Marching to the sound of the guns"; the mutual support corps/army stacks can provide to others belonging to the same army in neighbouring regions in some of AGEOD's games
- NCP - "Napoleon's Campaigns"; AGEOD's third title.
- NIT - Napoleon's Improvement Team
- NM - National Morale
- PON - "Pride of Nations", AGEOD's upcoming title, dealing with industrialization, colonialism, imperialism and other ism's and tion's in the Victorian Era. Formerly known as VGN
- RC - Release Candidate - a version of a game or of a patch that is deemed highly likely to be releasable, but hasn't passed final approval quite yet, usually because more testing is needed for that to happen.
- ROE - Rules of engagement
- ROP - "Rise of Prussia"; AGEOD's Frederick the Great game
- RUS - "Revolution Under Siege" - AGEOD's forthcoming title covering the Russian Civil War
- VGN - Vainglory of Nations" - Outdated name of PON, "Pride of Nations"
- VP - Victory Points
- WIA - "Wars in America", AGEOD's fourth title
- WSU - War supplies
Note that this is meant as a service to wondering forumites and should not be taken as a recommendation to go overboard in the use of them, nor as a challenge to see how many you can actually cram into a single post (unless you're posting in this thread that is, though you still will have to explain any you use that aren't on the list )