Ardie
Captain

Jagged Alliance and its' future...

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:11 pm

Are the any JA freaks here?

I have the Deadly Games & JA II. Esp. II is solid gold or like a diamond.

I haven't tried the expansions but I would like to know if they are just some kind of warm ups or do they really add to the fun?

Also, does anybody know anything about the future developments of JA? The latest I have read from some forums is that it's going 3D which I think is a huge mistake.

Pumba1968
Conscript

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:52 pm

I would suggest you to try those expansions and you will probably get an everlasting pleasure with UB and Wildfire 6.0. Just wondering whether I am really objective... :niark:
There are a lot of changes regarding the guns in both sequel; nevertheless Unfinished Business is quite short as you get approximatively only 15 sectors or so...IMHO the best one is Wildfire 6.0 (not the hugely bugged Wildfire 5.0 from Strategy First which is not supported anymore by the developers) edited by Zuzzex. New guns, 10 new hireable mercenaries, big changes in every sectors and numerous enemies, etc... My team has been smashed several time even in the first sector; a true challenge mate!!! :p leure:
If you speak fluently german, go ahead... :sourcil: as I get this version. AFAIK the english version is only available in Czech Republik and there should be some website where you can purchase from; unfortunately I don't speak czech so was unable to fullfill the order... :p leure:

Regarding the future development for JA3 , I don't know anything.
Give just a try to the demo of Brigade E5: New Jagged union, it is quite interesting although it is in 3D and using the "smart pause mode" instead of the AP system. Guns and ballistic seem perfectly modelized compared to JA2.
However I am still questioning about the campaign mode à la JA2 or the game only includes a serie of missions...

Hope this help.
"s'instruire pour vaincre"

PDF

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:13 pm

Huh, I was wondering how to get Wildfire, I don't understand much German, and ya'tellin'me English version is only sold in Czech republic ? That's crazy ... :nuts: :bonk: :p leure:
Maybe trying for EBay is a simpler way to go...

Pumba1968
Conscript

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:50 pm

I greatly doubt that you will be able to find Wildfire 6.0 through Ebay...but I could be wrong.

It is a shame for JA2 big fans that Wildfire 6.0 is only available in german except in Czech Republic. As you probably know, initially Wildfire 5.0 was published by Strategy First and distributed through the world; when the company went into bankrupcy, the developers who were not paid for their work, has dropped off their cooperation with SF for a new deal with Zuxxez. The German company has only acquired the rights to distribute the german version inside the EU since Wildfire 5.0 is still being sold, SF keeping the rights for North America...That explains this ridiculous situation. Zuxxez was also planning for localized versions, even in French... but I don't remember this game was a big success in France, whereas it was a major one in Germany and in Scandinavian countries. Ah those French... :bonk:

Here is a link to a Czech web site that should enable you to purchase the english version of the game if you can understand what is written... :niark:

http://www.funstore.cz/product_info.php/cPath/21_30/products_id/2399

Let me know if you manage to get the game as some friends of mine are still looking for the english version...Good luck!
Trust me the better way is to learn german or as some people I know to play the game with a dictionary around... :niark: Always useful to speak german. :sourcil:

PDF

Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:09 pm

Yeah, distribution rights craziness... I think I can find Czech-speaking people to help me place an order for the English version, btw it only costs 20 Euro approx.

Pumba1968
Conscript

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:25 pm

You can find the game for a cheaper price at the following address:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00070HKHO/qid%3D1110879591/sr%3D8-1/ref%3Dsr%5F8%5Fxs%5Fap%5Fi1%5Fxgl/303-5260683-5476260

but it's the german version... :niark:

I got it for € 30.00 + €15.00 for the shipment ( directly bought from Zuxxez) but it was one year ago. :p leure:

Don't forget to apply the latest patch which sorts out a lot of issues.

http://www.ja2.de/wf/en/support.html

Enjoy the slaughter. :siffle:

PDF

Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:13 pm

I'm really bad at German, and JA series has fun dialogues and lots of text, so unless there's a way to "patch" German version to English I'll stick to my "Czech" strategy to get the game - maybe :bonk: !

Pumba1968
Conscript

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:49 pm

No way applying the english patch to the german version :non: otherwise every fans would have rushed towards the german product knowing that they could then apply a single patch to obtain a complete english speech and subtitles game. :tournepas

A link that could be very useful in your Holy Quest... :niark:

http://www.cesky-spolek.com/forum/traduction-gratuite-tcheque-francais.php

Return to “General discussions”