Pocus

Merry Christmas Eve All :-)

Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Dear Players

May you have a Merry Christmas Eve! I sure hope Santa will bring you the presents you desire, health, money, various gifts, awesome games ;) :sourcil:

And for the ones who get some vacation, time for some serious gaming! What are you playing between a toast of smoked salmon, a cup of champagne and a nice slice of turkey? :party: :rolleyes:

I must admit I'm currently playing non-AGEOD games (not that this is unusual, there are slightly more non-AGEOD games than there are, it seems!). Phoenix Point is decent but not incredible. Aurora, always deliver for the ones indulging in logistic and micro-managing. I just bought Unity of Command II with the Blitzkrieg DLC and I'm surprised by its depth, I'll have to study the manual.
And also a PBEM with my son of Strategic Command (the latest from Slitherine). Excellent game, although stacking and unit swapping is a bit enervating!

clandini5
Corporal

Re: Merry Christmas Eve All :-)

Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:48 am

Merry Christmas Pocus, and a Happy and profitable New Year.

lodilefty

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Merry Christmas!

I'm busy helping PhilT with his ventures at SGS. Afrika Korps, and several new buns in the oven! :pouet:

...oh, and I still admin here! So you all best be good boys and girls! :innocent:

Straight Arrow
General

Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:21 am

Feliz Navidad!

Pocus

Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:48 am

lodilefty wrote:Merry Christmas!

I'm busy helping PhilT with his ventures at SGS. Afrika Korps, and several new buns in the oven! :pouet:

...oh, and I still admin here! So you all best be good boys and girls! :innocent:

Awesome :gardavou:

Hobbes

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:27 pm

Happy Christmas folks. Still lurking from time to time. Still playing Pike & Shot PBEM against Bill from Strategic Command - who normally beats me. Hope you all have a better New Year (but I imagine it will be six months or so before we do).

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Pocus - I had to look up enervating. Your English is getting better than mine!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:17 pm

Pocus wrote:May you have a Merry Christmas Eve! What are you playing? Phoenix Point is decent but not incredible.

Have carousings.
I mostly (re)play "Rebuild3: Gangs of Deadsville", sort of zombie 4X. I love it, it's simple while story rich, I can't stop playing. http://rebuildgame.com/about.php
I might love PhoenixPoint, if it had a decent UI: at now I'm fed up managing my soldiers and bases, so I uninstalled.

Kriegsspieler

!

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:23 pm

Sorry not to have checked in sooner.
But now I can wish everyone a happy -- and most certainly a better -- New Year!

I've been playing HOI4 with my long-running MP group, which uses a heavily modded version of the game to produce better historical verisimilitude.
I've also gotten back into The Operational Art of War recently, which still is great fun to play. It's got wonderful community-designed scenarios.
I am trying to decide whether to get Football Manager 2021. I buy a new version every few years, but once I start investing time in bringing a team up through the ranks of English football, it sucks up time like nothing else!

Be well!

P. S. Pocus, I hope you have something interesting on the burner.

Pocus

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:24 am

I sure hope what I have on the burner will be of interest to you :sourcil:

I could never get into Rebuild3 because of the art style compared to episode 2. I don't want cartoony zombies. And I understand why the devs did it though, this was to sell also the games to kids.

@Chris: I like to use words in English which are derived from Latin or French. ;)

Now playing a SP game of Strategic Command WW1 and it is surprisingly more interesting than I thought. I feared some boredom (WW1 useless assaults ad nauseum) but there is much more than this in the game.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:58 pm

Pocus wrote:I could never get into Rebuild3 because of the art style compared to episode 2. I don't want cartoony zombies.

I didn't know Rebuild before the 3, so I can't compare. But I agree it should be better with some more serious art (and even 3D animations, if it's made good enough to not deserve the game. Ouch PanzerCorps2..).
However I can understand, as it feels like (old) UFO Afterlight, made cartoonish with playschool colors. Some player at least had changed the colors with a mod, making them more trashy.

Return to “General discussions”