rss334
Conscript

General question on all AGEOD games

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:02 am

Most of their games give you detailed battle results, currently I'm trying to pick up Alea Jecta Est but have played civil war 2 , both good games. Question is around these battle results, you have some units say that show cowardice in round 2 or one of many other traits during battle, what's the point of all of this? Is that information useful in anyway other than just eye candy? Seems like a lot of stats to keep, so I'm wondering in the various AGEOD games how people use this information to better mange armies?

Durk

Re: General question on all AGEOD games

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:10 am

Some players are better than I about using the data, but one thing you will find is patterns of which units are drawn into battle. This allows you to match leaders to troops, as well as deciding that for this type of battle this unit maybe ought not be involved.
But yes, mostly eye candy unless you are doing some deep analysis, which I typically do not do, I just play.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:36 pm

I might be wrong on this, because I draw this out of memory. I think this indicates units that failed a moral check. If you really want to dive in, open the !BattleLog.txt file.

Pocus

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:32 am

That's definitively not eye candy, it all relates to what happened in battle, as Citizen X said, the details are in BattleLog.txt.

You have to pass a morale check when you get charged

Return to “General discussions”