Magnus Maximus
Conscript

Which Ageod game first to learn?

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 pm

I am new to Ageod and want to learn these types of games which do you suggest? Sorry for the double post...

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Which Ageod game first to learn?

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Depends a bit on the period that interests you ... realise that isn't the clearest answer.

Unless it is your core interest, I'd avoid Revolution under Siege, Pride of Nations and To End all Wars as they probably are the most complex. WW1Gold is not really on the AGEOD system and is frustrating to learn.

Alea Jacta Est is great as a starter, the complexities lie in the game situation rather than the rules. The older Wars In America and newer Thirty Years War are similar.

Rise of Prussia is another good starting option and Civil War II is complex but has a very active commuinity and lots of practical 'how to' information.

So I'd avoid the three above as a starter, beyond that follow your own historical or gaming interests.

Also worth noting that Empires (a grand strategy ancient era game) is out soon, using a new game engine.

Magnus Maximus
Conscript

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Was actually leaning toward CW 2 or AJE. But more toward CW 2. I hope it is not as hard as TEAW lol. Thank you.

Magnus Maximus
Conscript

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:05 pm

What about Wars of Succession?

Leibst

Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:30 pm

I always recommend Birth of America, it has few stacks, few decisions, but its quite interesting game with lots of scenarios.
One step beyond Alea Iacta Est, ECW
One more: España: 1936, RUS, CWII, WoS. Wars of Napoleon.
Hardest: TYW, To End All Wars
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Durk

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:13 am

Wars of Succession is complex, but fun.
I agree with Leibst about WIA, but if you are an American Civil War nut like I am, then CW2 is totally worth learning how to play

Leibst

Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:45 am

Durk wrote:Wars of Succession is complex, but fun.
I agree with Leibst about WIA, but if you are an American Civil War nut like I am, then CW2 is totally worth learning how to play

I agree Durk, I love CW2, I fell in love with Ageod games with CW, but the first month I had no idea of playing it. :blink:
I had been looking and buying CW games but they always dissapointed me, until I found Ageod CW. :fleurs:

Durk

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:16 am

Hey Leibst - I knew we had more in common than a love of the Spanish Civil War. What you said is almost exactly my experience. I looked forever for a decent American Civil War game and when I found it, I was sunk into befuddlement with its seeming complexity. Then I learned to love it.
By the way, nice job on your new title Battles for Spain published at Avalon Digital. Nice fun game system.
https://avalon-digital.com/en/dlc/battles-spain

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:03 pm

I think American Civil War was one of the best conflicts Ageod created a game on it. Also I've great respect for Philippe Thibaut and Andatiep. Once upon a time they decided to design Turkish War of Independence (1919-1922) It would be very interesting game to play against Sultan, foreign intervention and M.Kemal republic nationalists. It was all designed well on paper but didn't see the day.. :crying: All my regards to these previous AGEod design people at least they thought making a game on it.

Return to “General discussions”