Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

AGEOD on GOG?

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Hey guys,
Now that Matrix/Slitherine are releasing games on GOG, is there any chance we could see AGEOD appear as a publisher on there as well?

I've been using GOG for years, and rarely purchase games outside of their shop now. I would love to have DRM-free copies of all of my strategy games, including AGEOD titles.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: AGEOD on GOG?

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:07 am

Ageod and Slitherine games were always drm-free,
even more than GOG where the EXEs are exclusive to the platform.

But since years I told few old Ageod games should be proposed at GOG', at least as advert, like did some editors.

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:41 pm

A week later and the thread has over 300 views and only reply. From that I can only assume that there's an unwillingness to talk about gog or distro platforms... or there's some heavy NDAs being handed out on the business side of things.

I don't understand it. Many dev and publisher companies don't mind selling their games across numerous platforms like Steam, gog, Origin, or the new Epic. Why Ageod would be reluctant to sell games on gog while their publisher does with other titles leaves me scratchin' me noggin'. Oh well.

Pocus

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 am

If the decisions comes, that will be decided by Slitherine management. I don't think there is "de principle" opposition to distributing AGEOD games to GOG. It just that they might have a schedule and have many games they can potentially release, and you know that GOG is a bit more picky than Steam also (that's the understatement of the year, given the flood of shovelwares out on Steam now).

Return to “General discussions”