allan_boa
Colonel

TEAW or WOS ?

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi, I wanted to buy WON but it's not working properly on my PC so I requested a Steam refund. The question is "what should I do with the money once it's refunded (within a couple of days) ?"

I can see 3 possibilities:

- To end All Wars
- Wars of Succession
- Nothing,. wait for the next title

I'm eliminating English Civil War because I'm now buying exclusively Steam games.

What do you guys suggest ?

Thanks !
Last edited by allan_boa on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allan_boa
Colonel

Re: TEAW or WOS ?

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:15 pm

I should also add :
- Rise of Prussia
- Espana (if it's Steamed)

thx

arsan

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Wars in America 2 is probably my favourite AGEOD game. Lots of scenarios, not too many units, great art and excellent playability and feeling.
Rise of Prussia is great too.

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:59 pm

"Wars in America 2"

Huh ?? What is 'wars in America' ?
I know Civil War 2 and BOA 2 ...

arsan

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:35 pm

It's Birth if America 2. The full name was Birth of America 2: Wars in America if I recall correctly.
Regards

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:59 pm

arsan wrote:It's Birth if America 2. The full name was Birth of America 2: Wars in America if I recall correctly.
Regards

Ah Ok !! Thanks
I purchased boa1 (see my name :-) ) long time ago but I lost the files/cd and can't play anymore :-)

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Personally I like TEAW quite a lot, although it feels that it could have been so much better. And, IMHO, the AI in TEAW is pretty clueless, and if you have any experience in AGEOD games, you should be able to beat it easily. TEAW is great fun in PBEM, even with all its shortcomings.

WOS at the moment feels somehow incomplete, at least the Great Northern War (I haven't played the War of Spanish Succession). It has potential, but (again IMHO) currently isn't the most enjoyable title. Which is unfortunate, as the GNW is really interesting and also a rare subject for a computer game.

allan_boa
Colonel

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:47 am

I have to admit that I'm quite tempted by TEAW ... sounds really great. But have already so much to do with RUS and PON :-) And AJE and TYW :-) But the stuff is addictive, you always need more !! :-)

allan_boa
Colonel

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:44 pm

I cracked. I couldn't resist. I'm now the proud owner of TEAW. Downloading ...
No idea when I will have time to play it as I currently have two ongoing GC at RUS and PON :-)
I couldn't resist ... :bonk: :bonk:

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Good choice! Now spend some time learning the specifics of TEAW and then hit the PBEM arenas!

Stratman
Captain

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:30 pm

allan_boa wrote:I cracked. I couldn't resist. I'm now the proud owner of TEAW. Downloading ...
No idea when I will have time to play it as I currently have two ongoing GC at RUS and PON :-)
I couldn't resist ... :bonk: :bonk:

Congratulations!
It`s absolutely normal :)
So, at the moment I play SIX Grand Campaigns (WON, RUS, BOA2, TEAW, CW2 and Gary Grigsby's War In the East (WWII)).

But in the queue are others EIGHT Grand Campaigns: PON (will start soon, in 2-3 months), AJE, ROP, Espana 1936, WOS, ECW, TYW ... and the BRAND NEW AGEod game!! :cool:
I have all of them ... except the last one for some reason :wacko:

I asked myself: "What do I want? Focus on one favorite game and play it till the end? Or play what I prefer at the moment and feel all flavor of AGEod games? I picked up a Process but not a Result"

All of my GCs I play "solo" (for all sides) and write "notes" in doc-file for all my parties and sides to fix any my thoughts and plans. So I can go back to any party in any time.

Don't rush, take it easy. Life is short, time is precious anyway :) :)

allan_boa
Colonel

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 am

Wow dude !! :mdr: :mdr: :mdr:

Khanti
Captain

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm

SMikh wrote:(...)
So, at the moment I play SIX Grand Campaigns (WON, RUS, BOA2, TEAW, CW2 and Gary Grigsby's War In the East (WWII)).
(...)
I asked myself: "What do I want? Focus on one favorite game and play it till the end? Or play what I prefer at the moment and feel all flavor of AGEod games? I picked up a Process but not a Result"

All of my GCs I play "solo" (for all sides) and write "notes" in doc-file for all my parties and sides to fix any my thoughts and plans. So I can go back to any party in any time.

Don't rush, take it easy. Life is short, time is precious anyway :) :)

TEAW plays smoothier on my PC. WOS needs stronger PC.

Anyway I play the same way - all games simultaneously :o :D
The only difference is I don't make notes, so it's uneasy sometimes to remind what I wanted to do in that particular GC :)
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Stratman
Captain

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Khanti wrote:Anyway I play the same way - all games simultaneously :o :D
The only difference is I don't make notes, so it's uneasy sometimes to remind what I wanted to do in that particular GC :)

Notes are very helpful sometimes :) :)
During gaming I used to have a "notes file" opened on a desktop and switch to it from the game screen by "windows" key to make some notes :cool:
In TEAW (and WON!!) we have a huge battlefield and a lots of opportunities, so we need this tool to create a right strategy.
I guess I would do that even during PBEM to fix all of my thoughts.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Especially for a new game, when I play pbem I generally at the same time play solo vs AI. To concentrate&understand better the scenario.

Return to “General discussions”