Colonel

Let's bet on the next ageod game

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:13 am

What will the next game about ?

My bet:

- Charlemagne's conquests
or
- 100 years war

I would love one-week or maximum two-weeks turns. 30 days is too long IMO.

------------------
ps: The first three decades of Charlemagne’s reign were dominated by military campaigns, which were prompted by a variety of factors: the need to defend his realm against external foes and internal separatists, a desire for conquest and booty, a keen sense of opportunities offered by changing power relationships, and an urge to spread Christianity. His performance on the battlefield earned him fame as a warrior king in the Frankish tradition, one who would make the Franks a force in the world once contained in the Roman Empire.
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Ch ... -campaigns

Stratman
Captain

Re: Let's bet on the next ageod game

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:41 pm

We all got insite that it will be "before powder era".

My guess is AJE2

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:57 pm

SMikh wrote:My guess is AJE2

I would be very surprised that they start with a "2" for the new engine .
I'm clearly betting on an original game, not a remake. The more I think, the more Charlemagne makes sense ! And no gun powder !! Just the "reconstruction of the Roman Empire", 200 years later :-)

Stratman
Captain

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Saying AJE2 I mean not exactly remake under the same title but antiquity period. Rome.
Because of the commercial reasons. IMO this is one of the most popular era for strategy gamers, especially if we`re talking about "before powder era".

IMO of course))

richfed

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Neanderthal warfare! :wacko:

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:33 am

Greece, Persia, India (Mughals?)

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Citizen X wrote:Greece, Persia, India (Mughals?)

I'm afraid that none of these time periods would sell well.

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:34 am

100 years war is a very good idea, I don't think that period has been treated yet in their previous games.

I bet and hope it will be about the BoA2 period :coeurs:

Pocus

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:46 pm

For our first game (with the new engine) it can't be too confidential. On the other hand, we don't want to overreach and do something involving things like strategic bombing ;)

Nikel

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 pm

I deduce the following:

1. There will be more AGE engine games.

2. The first not AGE engine game will not be civil war III or any other already covered period.

3. Weapons in the new game between arrows and B-29s :mdr:

marek1978
Colonel

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Pocus wrote:For our first game (with the new engine) it can't be too confidential. On the other hand, we don't want to overreach and do something involving things like strategic bombing ;)

So there will be more games with the old engine?

what about patching recent relese ?
WOS is great yet not patched enough....

marek1978
Colonel

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Nikel wrote:I deduce the following:

1. There will be more AGE engine games.

2. The first not AGE engine game will not be civil war III or any other already covered period.

3. Weapons in the new game between arrows and B-29s :mdr:

Maybe the big question about game subject is not When but Where.

To get new market ageod could touch chinease history - Romance of 3 Kongdoms, Warring States period and so on

so many great stories
so many possible new clients

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Pocus wrote:For our first game (with the new engine) it can't be too confidential. On the other hand, we don't want to overreach and do something involving things like strategic bombing ;)

Not too confidential? :blink: So there are leaks to be expected? :D

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Can't be too confidential... so something big and famous, like WWI.

Pocus

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:23 am

There won't be more games with the previous engine, unless people who already did some 'Third Party' games like Leibstandarte (Miguel) or Altaris (Ben) want to make more.

I did not handle WSS, I hope the persons in charge will produce a patch in the not too distant future.

allan_boa
Colonel

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Pocus wrote:There won't be more games with the previous engine, unless people who already did some 'Third Party' games like Leibstandarte (Miguel) or Altaris (Ben) want to make more.

I did not handle WSS, I hope the persons in charge will produce a patch in the not too distant future.

Not sure to understand... does it mean that the old engine is free for independent devs to use it to create new games ? A kind of "public domain" software ?

Which third party game have been developed ? Where do we find them ? what is WSS ?

Nikel

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Not sure how it works but I guess you pay a fee or % for using the engine, it is not free, or it was not.

Third party is not Ageod proper (PhilThib and Pocus), though they usually help the developer in question more or less depending on the game.

Leibst created 3 games using AGE engine, España1936, 30 Years War and English Civil War.

Altaris TEAW, also WSS, not sure of the second, I think Ageod participated more on these games.

RUS the original and also the Gold version was developed by several forum members, Gold by Andatiep and company.

AJE was developed by several people here, ElNino, Bohemond, Franciscus,... Like with Altaris with Ageod participation.

WSS is Wars of Succession.

allan_boa
Colonel

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:01 am

Nikel wrote:Not sure how it works but I guess you pay a fee or % for using the engine, it is not free, or it was not.

Third party is not Ageod proper (PhilThib and Pocus), though they usually help the developer in question more or less depending on the game.

Leibst created 3 games using AGE engine, España1936, 30 Years War and English Civil War.

Altaris TEAW, also WSS, not sure of the second, I think Ageod participated more on these games.

RUS the original and also the Gold version was developed by several forum members, Gold by Andatiep and company.

AJE was developed by several people here, ElNino, Bohemond, Franciscus,... Like with Altaris with Ageod participation.

WSS is Wars of Succession.

Wow, thanks for this answer. I didn't know that and thought that all games were AGEOD creation.
I love this concept of independent creators ! Sounds great to me.

Pocus

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Answering here as this thread is more focused on gameplay: yes, the next game/engine is still simultaneous turn based. This is still AGEOD, you know :laugh:

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Pocus wrote:Answering here as this thread is more focused on gameplay: yes, the next game/engine is still simultaneous turn based. This is still AGEOD, you know :laugh:

Cool ! was afraid there will be 3D real time battles :-)))))))))

Stratman
Captain

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Pocus wrote:Answering here as this thread is more focused on gameplay: yes, the next game/engine is still simultaneous turn based. This is still AGEOD, you know :laugh:

Hi Pocus! :hat:
Thank you! And I hope it will be WEGO turn based engine.
For me WEGO is one of AGEod`s identity.

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:17 pm

the next game/engine is still simultaneous turn based

SMikh, this above means WEGO, dude :-) :niark:

Stratman
Captain

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:32 pm

allan_boa wrote:
the next game/engine is still simultaneous turn based

SMikh, this above means WEGO, dude :-) :niark:

Thanks, allan_boa! Super :) :)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 am

Pocus wrote:There won't be more games with the previous engine, unless people who already did some 'Third Party' games want to make more.

I don't think so: if an old AGE game is done, it will be by innocent newbies (SMikh? lol), as working on the engine seems :wacko: in the end. :p

Stratman
Captain

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:16 pm

ERISS wrote:
Pocus wrote:There won't be more games with the previous engine, unless people who already did some 'Third Party' games want to make more.

I don't think so: if an old AGE game is done, it will be by innocent newbies (SMikh? lol), as working on the engine seems :wacko: in the end. :p

ERISS I am agree and disagree with you. :)
... If I understand you correct..
I am not as innocent as a person who waiting for RUS2, CW3 and even WON2 driven by old engine.
I am so much happy and deep inside RUS, CW2 and WON to cancel my ongoing GCs and buy remake under the same engine.
But if will comes up new Title by old engine well done and polished enough - I will buy it.
IMO engine updates is not the most important thing here. Gameplay, historical accuracy, the idea and design are really important.
As we know board games for hundred years using the same "Perpetuum engine": carton cards, plastic chips and dice :wacko:

bobbob
Corporal

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Hey my bet is on a Vietnam game. I can't remember the name of the tribe that helped the US, I think it was montrague or something like that. lol. Those are the arrows. And strategic bombing, has to Vietnam. I do think pocus has a thing for Vietnam if I can remember right. Apologize if i'm wrong.

DrPostman

Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am

bobbob wrote:Hey my bet is on a Vietnam game. I can't remember the name of the tribe that helped the US, I think it was montrague or something like that. lol. Those are the arrows. And strategic bombing, has to Vietnam. I do think pocus has a thing for Vietnam if I can remember right. Apologize if i'm wrong.

CW2, at least to me, faithfully recreated most of the flavor of the old Victory Games board
game The Civil War:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2081/civil-war

Victory Games put out a Vietnam War game and I hope it's as close to this as can be:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/562 ... -1965-1975

bobbob
Corporal

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:24 pm

I actually have both those games still. Along with about 40 other games.
I really think Vietnam is a good game for age. One thing that I think would be good is search and destroy missions into regions. Depending on troops and there recon levels, or ambush levels, determines what you find or don't find in a region. Higher levels finds enemy troops and higher enemy levels keeps them hidden. The enemy doesn't know if you find them and then you can launch attacks with regular troops.
Cards can come into play.
Political game.
Just and idea.

I think its time to expand out of the same old war subjects. Vietnam is ripe for exploring seeing there is very few games on this subject.

Thanks

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:28 pm

I had both of those Victory Games as well and enjoyed playing them. Brings back good memories.

nlancier
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:50 am

As long as it is PBeM & for the "crowds" (>4 players) will be ok for wargaming addicts & clubs i guess :sourcil: Thanks! :gardavou:

Pocus wrote:PON is clearly the most 'development oriented' game that we ever did.

2nd to this one, at Ageod, will be our brand new game in making

For our first game (with the new engine) it can't be too confidential. On the other hand, we don't want to overreach and do something involving things like strategic bombing

There won't be more games with the previous engine, unless people who already did some 'Third Party' games like Leibstandarte (Miguel) or Altaris (Ben) want to make more.

Answering here as this thread is more focused on gameplay: yes, the next game/engine is still simultaneous turn based. This is still AGEOD, you know
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Return to “General discussions”