allan_boa
Colonel

Modding the game: objective city

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi, I would like to change the background color of the objective provinces (when pressing "3"). So far it's a pale grey that I can barely distinguish from mountains or snow (TYW and RUS). So I would like a vivid blue or so instead.
Any idea which GIF i should edit ?
Thanks.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Modding the game: objective city

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:17 pm

The overlay colors are not defined in any graphics file. They are rather manipulated in the Aliases files. Just checked quickly at my installations of WON and PON. The are in the ./Aliases subfolder and named similar to ColorsAlias.ini or Colors_Terrains.ini.
Find the file you need, save original to another name and begin to temper.
My best guess is that those are RGB values, where the fourth column establishes the transparency value.

allan_boa
Colonel

Re: Modding the game: objective city

Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Citizen X wrote:The overlay colors are not defined in any graphics file. They are rather manipulated in the Aliases files. Just checked quickly at my installations of WON and PON. The are in the ./Aliases subfolder and named similar to ColorsAlias.ini or Colors_Terrains.ini.
Find the file you need, save original to another name and begin to temper.
My best guess is that those are RGB values, where the fourth column establishes the transparency value.

wow ! Thanks man ! That's a good start. I was searching for a gif. Will have a look at /Aliases !
Thank you very much dude !! :hat:

Return to “General discussions”