Which topic do you prefer for the first Ageod game using the new engine?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:12 pm

New engine means new life, what about fantasy of SF.
4%
New wargame and niche topic, this is what I like from Ageod: Peloponnesian War, Crusades,...
41%
Better to start avoiding risks, a WWII game is a safe bet. Specify Europe or Pacific.
7%
Yep, new engine, but give us what be want, American Civil War III.
29%
Known grounds, but no more civil war games please,. Recreate another Ageod game, specify topic.
15%
Other.
4%

Total votes: 82
Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Poll. New engine first game.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:22 am

Khanti wrote:Example: the city of PRZEMYSL (in fact Przemyśl) mostly spelled Przesmyl or worst.
Look at Revolution Under Siege, Napoleon's Campaigns, Rise Of Prussia, Pride of Nations, To End All Wars :confused:

Warhammer 40k is just fine !

God bless copy&paste I would say :)

Khanti
Captain

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:37 am

I would gladly re-edit all those names to make proper copy-paste form as part time job, but don't know how to apply for that job and if anyone is interested in.

I. I hope new engine will have option for random generals creation (auto-generator like in HOI4 with random national names). Could be set in options: play with random generals or only with scripted (historical) ones.

II. And better F1 filter options (unit/generals search like in AACW when all can filtered divisions and generals much better than newer games).
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Firm vote for Civil War.

I have played almost all of AGEOD's games, and this is still the most compelling.

It would be great to see a big step forward in the AI.

Would immediately back on Kickstarter.

Good Luck!

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:36 pm

No WW2, pleeeease ! There are already zillions of WW2 games on the market.
Some middle-age stuff would be great. 100 years war ?
Or a truly great Napoleonic game.

Nikel

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Well, Pocus said there will be arrows, so 100 Years War is a possibility.

allan_boa
Colonel

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:52 am

I would love the 100-YW of course. I can just see an issue, with 100-110 years of conflict, it would probably imply 3-month turns. But what does it mean to play 3-month turns ???
One possibility would be to split the 100-YW into smaller campaigns with 1 month turn ?
I think AGEOD games are very well fit for 2-week turns. Even 1 month turn like in TYW is too long IMO.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:27 am

allan_boa wrote:I think AGEOD games are very well fit for 2-week turns. Even 1 month turn like in TYW is too long IMO.

This is so true, especially during the campaigning season. There's a distinct lack of control with the longer turns. And games set in modern times, such as TEAW, should have at most week long turns.

Stratman
Captain

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 pm

pantsukki wrote:
allan_boa wrote:I think AGEOD games are very well fit for 2-week turns. Even 1 month turn like in TYW is too long IMO.

This is so true, especially during the campaigning season. There's a distinct lack of control with the longer turns. And games set in modern times, such as TEAW, should have at most week long turns.

Hi everybody!

Agree... IMO
1 week/turn for XX century period - is perfect, but at the same time 1 week/turn for WON is kind of hustle for me.
2 weeks/turn - the best way for other game periods.
1 month/turn - ... ok, may be optimal for AJE, BOA2, TYW (but I would prefer 2weeks/turn)
3 months/turn - very strange gameplay in terms of AGEod mechanics... unplayable anyway.
So, in this case, no chance for 100-Years-War

allan_boa
Colonel

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:26 pm

pantsukki wrote:

Yep, in fact when I say "two weeks" it's because I'm currently playing CW2 but a one-week turn would be even better (and perfect) in fact.

nlancier
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 am

Anything >4 players ! :papy: :dada:

Which topic do you prefer for the first Ageod game using the new engine?
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Khanti
Captain

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:27 am

I wonder if Ageod would make 100-YW scenario with 100 turns [one year - one turn] :rolleyes:
That would be nightmare. Too many expectations, too little turns.
But many players prefer short scenarios. I don't understand that. For me short ones are just for warm-up.
And I dream of 100-YW scenario with 30 or 15 days turns (1200-2400 turns).
Sadly, this would be a monster, so scenario not for pbem.

PS: The most attractive part of long scenario is creation of your own world. When you have 30 turns total you can only follow the path, not create one.
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Murtagks
Corporal

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 pm

For the new Engine, my wish for the first game is "Civil War 3" or "To End All Wars".
Because for me this are two best games that Ageod released.

I play always the game Civil war 2 with my friend and have now 98 hours and in To End All Wars 69 hours.

My wish for the new Engine is that they have basic structure like in Civil War 2 but with more improves like:
-Better performance
-More possibilities for battles
-Finally Multiplayer

w_michael
Conscript

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:36 am

After buying The Thirty Years' War and The English Civil War, I would like to see a continuation of Renaissance warfare with a game covering The Italian Wars, 1494 - 1559 (AKA the Age of Machiavelli). The new game engine might cover this intriguing period very well.

Return to “General discussions”