keoman
Civilian

Appoint Generals

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Question. I attempt to appoint generals by activating the Regional Decision by placing the icon in the Off-Map regional box as directed. The generals are supposed to appear in my capital the next turn. They do not appear. Is there a delay of several turns? I note that the tool tip says the decision will be active for 6 turns. Do I have to wait 6 turns for my new generals?

Durk

Re: Appoint Generals

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:29 am

keoman - Welcome - It would be helpful if you stated the game you are asking about as there are some differences in how each game promotes and recruits leaders.
My guess, without knowing more, you did not meet a condition, such as sufficient EP

keoman
Civilian

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks for responding. I had a bit of trouble logging back into the forums, so excuse my delay. The game is To End All Wars. I actually got the general appointments to work, but I have another question.

It is very difficult to form armies or create GHQs in TEAW. I am playing the full war scenario. Very rarely does the game allow you to do either task. I understand that promotion from 2 to 3 stars, for example, is based on the general's performance in the field, but why can't I use an existing 3-star to form an army or a GHQ?

Also, with both promotions and forming HQs, if an eligible general is "blocked" by a more senior general, and you want to avoid the penalties, why can't you just promote the more senior general? The more senior generals are rarely eligible themselves for either action.

The net result is you often have a theater of operations where you cannot create either Armies or a GHQ, resulting in substantial command difficulties. Was that the intent of the designers?

Thanks for explaining.

Col Ret
Corporal

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Your question is quite old. I think it's a good one. Did you ever get an answer?

Return to “General discussions”