keeveek
Conscript

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:06 pm

ERISS wrote:What is pathetic is that other people are forbidden from this opportunity. Paying fullprice (or less, but not just nuts) and being treated as subpart customer. We don't ask for being superiorly treated, but at least equally.

What does that even mean? Exactly how you were less equally treated by AGEOD than any other customer?

Hobbes

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:25 pm

I was amazed by this deal. I'm on a break from AGEOD games at the moment having played them for 10 years but I couldn't resist this offer as a way of trying a few that I otherwise wouldn't have bought. I'm worried about how AGEOD and partners will benefit from this though. First game I looked at is EAW and I have to say it has already reawakened my love of the AGEOD engine. I've decided any that I play for more than 10 hours I will buy for full price from the AGEOD site to support the developers and to stop me feeling guilty.

Cheers,
Chris

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:06 pm

ERISS wrote:What is pathetic is that other people are forbidden from this opportunity. Paying fullprice (or less, but not just nuts) and being treated as subpart customer. We don't ask for being superiorly treated, but at least equally.

You're not forbidden from this opportunity. No one forces you to buy a game at full price the first day it's released. Instead, you can wait a few years and buy it at a discounted price. That's what some people do. However, if you wait, although you pay considerably less money, you're excluded from the happy group of users who can play it from the first moment it's released, and you buy the product when it may already be passé. So, it's a question of choice--with each option, there's an adventage and a drawback. It's up to you to take a decision.

And it's a well-known fact that such sales are organised now and then, not only by Matrix/Slitherine/AGEOD. And unless one's detached from reality, one should know that in a few year's time, a game will be sold for peanuts...

Hobbes

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:24 pm

My desktop at the moment. I've bought most of these games in the past few months during -75% offers or better.
Most I will probably never play (and wouldn't have bought at full price). I don't have enough years left to play them all. All look pretty good though.
If you get a game for £2 - £5 I think it is worth it even if you don't really play it much - at least looking at the manual and possibly
reading about the history of the period can pass an hour or two at work if you have little else to do. It's very difficult to resist a decent game
at a very low price so I hope a huge increase in sales even at a very low price can help some developers?

[ATTACH]39525[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Capture1.JPG

Hobbes

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:51 pm

P.S. the opposite to this sort of pricing is War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition. £64. To me it's a wonderful but unplayable game due to the time required. I would be long dead before I completed a game but I would be very happy to pay £10 for it just to possess it and maybe play a small scenario.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:34 am

keeveek wrote:This attitude is what makes wargames such inaccessible for gamers, not the games themselves. This elitist bs.
Such bundles are a great opportunities for people who would never buy the games otherwise to maybe get endorsed in wargaming.
And being angry that some people have opportunity to buy the games cheap while I bought them for full price is just pathetic.
Let's just all hope this bundle gives AGEOD enough money to fund and release another great game. The chances are better than regular 100 or so buyers of the game.

That said, I think Slitherine's approach to sales is a wrong one. One should lower the prices of their product gradually. Let's say, first 10% off, then 30% off, then 50% off, and then 75% off and then, and only then, you go for a bundle. Then you can be pretty sure you've sold your game to almost everyone who would want it for the price they see affordable.

Learn to read you illiterate prick, I am not mad and I clearly wrote it wasn't the fact that people are getting it cheap, i'm dissappointed that the publisher decided that ageod games would be the giney pig for a cheap bundle for all these primium titles. As I said, obviously, pricks like you don't appreciate these games if you barely paid a dollar for them let alone come on this forums to insult me. Again, there is nothing elitist about my attitude, if you aren't interested in wargames just because you bought one cheap doesn't mean you'll buy another one, you'll just go back to the game you are used to playing in my opinion.

Raied wrote:I agree, I am sad to see such great works been putting on such price. By the way I am not a hardcore fan of AGEOD, I am kind of new and got to know AGEOD game only through steam, but I see their games as masterpieces of historic strategy games, I even see the newer Paradox game as unfocused, not serious and lack of historic authenticity after I played most of AGEOD games recently.

Thanks for kindly replying rather then making an insult about my post, appreciate it ^^
Revolution Under Siege Gold To End All Wars Espana 1936 Wars of Napoleon Civil War II Alea Jacta Est Birth of America II: Wars in America Thirty Years' War Pride of Nations Rise of Prussia Gold

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:38 am

@keeveek again, There is nothing elitist about my attitude, if you aren't interested in wargames just because you bought one cheap doesn't mean you'll buy another one, you'll just go back to the game you are used to playing in my opinion, do you got anything else to say cheapskape?
Revolution Under Siege Gold To End All Wars Espana 1936 Wars of Napoleon Civil War II Alea Jacta Est Birth of America II: Wars in America Thirty Years' War Pride of Nations Rise of Prussia Gold

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:42 am

Raied wrote:I agree, I am sad to see such great works been putting on such price. By the way I am not a hardcore fan of AGEOD, I am kind of new and got to know AGEOD game only through steam, but I see their games as masterpieces of historic strategy games, I even see the newer Paradox game as unfocused, not serious and lack of historic authenticity after I played most of AGEOD games recently.

Thanks for kindly replying rather then making an insult about my post, appreciate it ^^

Carnium

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:14 am

Hobbes wrote:My desktop at the moment. I've bought most of these games in the past few months during -75% offers or better.
Most I will probably never play (and wouldn't have bought at full price). I don't have enough years left to play them all. All look pretty good though.

Nice one, pretty much like my Steam titles (+all other AGEOD non-Steam titles). So many good games, yet so little time.
I often tell myself that I will have to play them all once I am a bit old(er) and retired :mdr:
[ATTACH]39527[/ATTACH]
Attachments
titles.jpg

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 am

deidaraakatski wrote:. . . and no Steam pleb will ever appreciate them like some of the hardcore fans on these forums do. Now these products on Steam will be bombarded with stupid Steam reviews about graphics and difficulty . . .

and a few posts later:

deidaraakatski wrote:@keeveek again, There is nothing elitist about my attitude . . .

No elitism here...? Really?

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 am

Carnium wrote:Nice one, pretty much like my Steam titles (+all other AGEOD non-Steam titles). So many good games, yet so little time.
I often tell myself that I will have to play them all once I am a bit old(er) and retired :mdr:
[ATTACH]39527[/ATTACH]

How do you jump from one game to the other without confusing one game mechanic for another XD, I mean, sometimes I jump from one game to another sometimes one game mechanic from one game is often blurred with the game I am playing I'm often looking for something that really isn't in the game because of the fact I jump around so much.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:18 am

Freyr Oakenshield wrote:and a few posts later:

No elitism here...? Really?

Hello Freyr, I did read that one comment you made the earlier about, "one must be detached from reality if they don't realize a game will go on sale for peanuts", a comment that I felt was directed towards me really. But I avoided replying to you despite the fact that my comment is not about pricing of the game. It is in fact, about the choice of games that were chosen to be placed at a bundle where tens of thousands of users can obtain a large quantiy of the products in question, all at the same time because of a low price. However, I am questioning why these games were chosen, these are not games players will be able to grasp by obtaining them at such a fast rate, rather, it is none of my busines whether people will learn the game or not, so, I am not here to discuss that. I am here to discuss why these games were chosen. So here goes my reply, with these issues out of the way:

I'm not here to start an argument, but PLEASE stops nitpicking statements from my posts and actually quote the whole thing because you are actually changing the meaning of the whole post when you do this. My comments are nothing about elitism, and to be fair to your comment, since the reason you are replying to me is to address the issue of in your opinion, "elitism", then I shall say, yes, I've bought games (call of duty, indies, etc.) for pennies (figure of speech), and no one made a post about it. But my posts, again, are not about people buying games on sale, or cheap, which is where the whole misunderstanding is happening. Rather, my comments are really directed towards the issue on why was these particular games were chosen, and why is the whole bundle directed towards AGE games when other titles could have been added to the bundle? So is the issue really about distributing wargames to the masses, or is it about distributing these games in particular?

Whichever the answer, it doesn't matter, and to be honest my point is almost pointless now, now that something was simply about expressing an opinion, is now about an entirely different, irrelevant subject. I didn't expect for someone to make an insult at me directly when I didn't make comments at any particular persons. In fact, most of my statements are ambigious and can apply anything or anyone. That also means, technically, it can apply to no one, or nothing at all as well. But if someone really felt insulted by a statement that wasn't directed towards them the way keeveek felt then, "sorry, but not sorry", I don't understand what really he is trying to defend. Is he defending steam users or price equilibriums for games, or maybe both? Or perhaps my comment was too aggressive or harsh that he felt compelled to make a passive aggressive comment as he did? Well, does it matter if I know or not, no, not really, but I would like to know.

Hobbes

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Carnium wrote:Nice one, pretty much like my Steam titles (+all other AGEOD non-Steam titles). So many good games, yet so little time.
[ATTACH]39527[/ATTACH]

You have great taste my friend :)
P.S. you will have another 100 games on that list by the time you retire and less energy to devote to them!

csiemers
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm glad for the bundles. I'm a cheap cuss who would rather pay a couple dollars than $40 for a game.
Keep on coming with the bundles!!

If it wasn't for the bundles I wouldn't own the amount of games I do now!

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:07 pm

csiemers wrote:I'm glad for the bundles. I'm a cheap cuss who would rather pay a couple dollars than $40 for a game.
Keep on coming with the bundles!!

If it wasn't for the bundles I wouldn't own the amount of games I do now!

Which one is your favorite? I personally am a huge fan of Revolution Under Siege, this is the AGE game I've invested most of my time with. ^^

keeveek
Conscript

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:46 pm

deidaraakatski wrote:Which one is your favorite? I personally am a huge fan of Revolution Under Siege, this is the AGE game I've invested most of my time with. ^^

Mine is BoA 2, since it covers my favourite history period.

rss334
Conscript

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:14 pm

I was going to create a new post to outline how pleased I am with AGEOD games but I'll summarize here since it seem more appropriate.

Years ago I played Pride of Nations and put it aside after 10 minutes of play. Never gave it a fair chance and only saw what was on the surface. When I saw the sale on Bundle Star, I knew this was one of the best sales I'd ever seen for a package of games, even though I did not think I liked any of them. I wanted to give Civil War 2 and To End all War another try and this was the perfect reason to do it. In short, because of this sale AGEOD, I'm becoming a new AGEOD fan which if the trend continues will happily buy their next game at full price as I now see the value.

I had no idea these games were as deep as they were, spending some time playing along with Charles Cummings and Spink Akron, I am really enjoying these games. I'm still learning Civil War 2, but went back to Pride of Nations the other night and really enjoyed it now too seeing the depth I had initially skipped over.

I don't know if the sale was planned or not intended by AGEOD, but without it I would have never tried the games again. So far I'm hooked now and laugh about how many years I've been missing out on this; I've gone from strategy game to strategy game never find the perfect one, had always wished they somehow combine elements from war in the pacific ae, hearts of iron 3, supreme ruler, and geopolitical simulator in to the perfect game. I'm still to new on the AGEOD games to say it the ones I've been looking for, but can say I'm having a lot of fun learning currently.

Chicken Spadge
Private

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:45 pm

I notice that several people have indicated that they will gift games that they already own to friends. Is this simply a matter of telling the person what the key code is or do you have to do something else to avoid breaking the Steam rules?

Chicken Spadge
Private

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Meanwhile, I must say that I agree with those who view this bundle as a bad move on the part of AGEOD. It's one thing to offer a single game with a huge discount in order to introduce people to the company's products, but quite another to sell almost the entire back catalogue for next to nothing.

The only products on Steam not included were Wars of Napoleon and the Hannibal expansion for Alea Jacta Est. That doesn't leave much for people to buy at a more normal price.

One half of me told me to pounce on this offer, but the other made me feel guilty about doing it!

Raied
Conscript

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:02 am

Yeah I have some free keys now due to this bundle, I really do not know how and to whom I should give, I want someone who has a potential to like AGEOD game, or already fan but missing certain DLC/ games.

csiemers
Sergeant

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Chicken Spadge wrote:One half of me told me to pounce on this offer, but the other made me feel guilty about doing it!

I pounced as there were a couple I didn't have.

One possible motivation of putting their products in a bundle is word of mouth. Even if one person, who bought it at a discount, persuades 2 other people to buy at regular price then Ageod/Matrix comes out ahead.

I don't think I'd have bought many of the games (or even regular products) that I do without some recommendation from someone saying how good it is.

Return to “General discussions”