1stvermont
Major

America's Christian heritage videos/books/ original sources

Thu May 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Wallbuilders
http://www.wallbuilders.com/

Wallbuilders is a organization led by historian David Barton and his library of over 100,000 original documents that uses original source documents with a emphasis on our christian,moral and Constitutional republic heritage. So much of our history has been changed or simply ignored, information on early americans our founding fathers etc was taught constant from their time period for another 150 years until around 1950's. Than history started being told different to wear it is radically different today in schools and history channel etc. Barton Goes back to original source for truth and american history textbooks and writings,court desition etc to fill in what most leave out.

Many good sources but must watch these two first if interested.

The American Heritage Series

Discover the forgotten and astonishing story of our nation’s foundation in the American Heritage Series. For centuries, Americans were taught a truthful view of history that recognized the Godly heroes and moral foundation our nation was founded upon. But in recent years, a new version of history has assaulted the moral and spiritual fiber of our nation, leaving the truth of our past eliminated and forgotten. Until today. From Separation of Church and State, to the Civil Rights Movement, the heroism of our founding Fathers to the building of our nation’s monuments, this series will inspire every American to reclaim the Godly, true story of our nation. Join historian David Barton and experience the untold story of our nation’s history in the American Heritage Series.

Disc 1 -- Episodes 1-3

Why History Matters - Unearthing America’s Christian Foundation: Parts 1 & 2

Disc 2 -- Episodes 4-5

The Faith of Our Founding Fathers: Parts 1 & 2

Disc 3 -- Episodes 6-8

The Ideas that Birthed a Nation
Our Biblical Constitution
Is America a "Christian Nation?"

Disc 4 -- Episodes 9-10

Church, State & the Real 1st Amendment: Parts 1 & 2

Disc 5 -- Episodes 11-13

Influence of the Bible in America
How Pastors Shaped Our Independence: Parts 1 & 2

Disc 6 -- Episodes 14-16

When Religion Was Culture
Faith in Our Early Courts
Myths of the Judiciary

Disc 7 -- Episodes 17-19

Evidence of America’s Spiritual Heritage: Parts 1, 2, & 3

Disc 8 -- Episodes 20-21

Four Centuries of American Education: Parts 1 & 2

Disc 9 -- Episodes 22-24

Great Black Patriots
From Bondage to the Halls of Congress
The Civil Rights Movement

Disc 10 -- Episodes 25-26

The Assault on Judeo-Christian Values
The Duty of a Free Citizen

Building on the American Heritage Series

We are back with the second installment of our popular American Heritage Series! David Barton, accompanied by former legislator, Rick Green, navigates our nation’s unique religious, moral and constitutional heritage and answers the questions Americans are asking today.

Join David as he traces America’s history back to the source in Building on the American Heritage. Uncover the forgotten stories. Examine the nation’s founding documents, and discover firsthand our founding fathers' original intent. Learn the truth of America’s past, so you can shape America’s future.

Episode 1: Preserving America’s Heritage

Episode 2: Foundations of American Government

Episode 3: The Role of Government

Episode 4: Demystifying the Judicial System

Episode 5: America’s Lost Heroes: African American Patriots

Episode 6: Remarkable Young Americans

Episode 7: Civil Stewardship: Duty vs. Right

Episode 8: The Truth of American Exceptionalism

Episode 9: Changing a State – and a Generation

Episode 10: Revival and Reformation

Episode 11: Social Justice

Episode 12: Politics in the Pulpit

Episode 13: Christians in the Civil Arena

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 22, 2015 1:21 pm

http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=111
Yes, some americans want a 'christian' theocracy.
Like all who fear their own people (commies included), they hate democracy and anarchy. Usually what they fear is not directly people, but the share of wealth and/or power.
However, good texts, reminding the cheatery of founders (the utterly most wealthy) over american people. Almost the same for the french republic. A theft as heritage.

csiemers
Sergeant

Fri May 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Can anyone now spam these forums with items for sale that aren't Ageod's?

1stvermont
Major

Sat May 23, 2015 12:20 am

ERISS wrote:http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=111
Yes, some americans want a 'christian' theocracy.
Like all who fear their own people (commies included), they hate democracy and anarchy. Usually what they fear is not directly people, but the share of wealth and/or power.
However, good texts, reminding the cheatery of founders (the utterly most wealthy) over american people. Almost the same for the french republic. A theft as heritage.

I am not really sure what you are saying here. You posted a link that shows america was founded as a constitutional republic, it was. Many today think we are a democracy, the founders hated democracy they said they would turn to tyranny. The idea of peoples ability to vote comes from the puritans who got it from the book of exodus, the founders did not fear the people, they said we the people, they feared a overpowering government.

Also we were never a theocracy, they debated that idea. We were a christian nation and always meant to be.

What you mean by share wealth, I think early americans would call politicians bribing votes by stealing money from others who earned it. I will steal their wealth being successful and working [ thus helping all out more tax, provide job's, increase wealth and economy] and steal it and give to you if you vote for me. That is what i call thief, done by government. early americans had a radical idea if you earned the money it was yours. Liberty they often said, applies to money as well that created the most wealthy nation ever.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
Confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen before Gettysburg

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
Southern solider about northern General Sherman

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".
Northern newspaper about the death of Stonewall Jackson

1stvermont
Major

Sat May 23, 2015 12:24 am

csiemers wrote:Can anyone now spam these forums with items for sale that aren't Ageod's?

sorry i was not intending to sell a product so much as offer a place with original historical documents for anyone interested. As well as discus history with some history buffs, something i love to do.

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".

Pocus

Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 am

This is indeed borderline and not recommended to post links that are commercials, even if linked to history.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

1stvermont
Major

Tue May 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Is there anything i can do? to make better?. What if I got rid of the direct link?

Pocus

Wed May 27, 2015 9:16 am

That would be a good start yes. Understand that in most countries in Europe, we are very much lay-oriented. We respect all religions, but it should remain a personal belief and not advertised in public space. This site is as you indicate it very much oriented toward American history seen through the lens of Christianity, so we should thread lightly here, on this forum. You can put more emphasis on historical content and much less on the rest, and it will be fine.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

1stvermont
Major

Wed May 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Pocus wrote:That would be a good start yes. Understand that in most countries in Europe, we are very much lay-oriented. We respect all religions, but it should remain a personal belief and not advertised in public space. This site is as you indicate it very much oriented toward American history seen through the lens of Christianity, so we should thread lightly here, on this forum. You can put more emphasis on historical content and much less on the rest, and it will be fine.

I removed the two direct links to resources. I kept the main link to site assuming that was ok.

As far as what you said of course I comply with rules. But to tell history truthfully in america, it must contain all of history, that include christian elements. I dont mean [ or these sources] to tell a christian history, just history as it was without being gutted of so much as to avoid any reference to Christianity as they do today. If they do that we lose so much great history.To me its rules and laws that say keep religion out, that make us learn a false history today. So my goal and reason of posting does not have to do with Christianity but history in america as it was. You dont need to be christian or like Christianity, you just need to be interested in american history. I fully intend this to be a history post.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Death to the rpg and other wargames!
The attachment dd12a.jpg is no longer available

(That is an actual old picture made by a christian protester against rpgs,
not a fake! and don't forget that RPGs come from wargaming.)
Attachments
dd12a.jpg

seathom
Colonel

Difference between Europe and USA

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:39 pm

And that is the rub, in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights, it is squarely stated that Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion (as European states did, such as Catholic Spain, Church of England, Lutheran Scandinavia, etc.) nor prohibit the free expression thereof (and this is the major difference, the government is not supposed to force one's personal religious beliefs out of the public forum, even if it offends someone (original intent was to fight intolerance with more speech, not less speech).

Granted, my eyebrows were raised when I first saw the thread, not knowing how germane it was to Ageod's games, then I also remembered it was in a general discussion thread, not a game thread. Knowing that, it seemed to be in its proper place.

Also granted, Ageod is a private company (as well as French!) and can prohibit any speech it feels is unwarranted (which to your credit you did not take out of the forums).

As for Erliss' (sp??) comments, well, my mother said if you can't say something good about someone ...... (I guess as a RUS developer, it is quite obvious which side he was rooting for! -- ok, I don't always adhere directly to what she taught me!).

I have always been quite impressed with AGEOD forums because they rarely have the usual anti-American rhetoric that is so commonplace in European discussions, and quite to the contrary, usually has been very respectful to the great American experiment (and I thank you all for that!).

1stvermont
Major

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:17 pm

seathom wrote:And that is the rub, in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights, it is squarely stated that Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion (as European states did, such as Catholic Spain, Church of England, Lutheran Scandinavia, etc.) nor prohibit the free expression thereof (and this is the major difference, the government is not supposed to force one's personal religious beliefs out of the public forum, even if it offends someone (original intent was to fight intolerance with more speech, not less speech).

Granted, my eyebrows were raised when I first saw the thread, not knowing how germane it was to Ageod's games, then I also remembered it was in a general discussion thread, not a game thread. Knowing that, it seemed to be in its proper place.

Also granted, Ageod is a private company (as well as French!) and can prohibit any speech it feels is unwarranted (which to your credit you did not take out of the forums).

As for Erliss' (sp??) comments, well, my mother said if you can't say something good about someone ...... (I guess as a RUS developer, it is quite obvious which side he was rooting for! -- ok, I don't always adhere directly to what she taught me!).

I have always been quite impressed with AGEOD forums because they rarely have the usual anti-American rhetoric that is so commonplace in European discussions, and quite to the contrary, usually has been very respectful to the great American experiment (and I thank you all for that!).

Please get these videos you will find them informative. First amendment always meant for 150 years to keep government from interfering with religion in public or private sector. It is a restriction on government. It also as defined by supreme court mutiple times in 1700's and 1800's meant no one denomination. We were not to establish a one denomination rule, just as the sate Constitution said.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

this would be a small start
http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=123

Disc 4 -- Episodes 9-10

Church, State & the Real 1st Amendment: Parts 1 & 2

the above would give you many examples of the original intent and how it was understood by the founders and court's for 150 years. it was not until 1947 that anyone reiteprited the first amendment in such a way so contrary to the founders [ who would have broke this law hundreds of times given todays interpretation].

video is great on it on separation of church and state [ op] . The thing is there are hundreds of court cases and examples of the founders using federal government to promote Christianity and exspesing their faith in government. That is why wallbuilders is so good, they go back to originals to show what the founders original intent was.

1stvermont
Major

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:18 pm

ERISS wrote:Death to the rpg and other wargames!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33672[/ATTACH]
(That is an actual old picture made by a christian protester against rpgs,
not a fake! and don't forget that RPGs come from wargaming.)

not sure what this would have to do with thread? is this in bible or early american law? no, not sure how this belong here.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:55 pm

1stvermont wrote:is this in bible?

Yes, the complete cartoon writes many exerpts of the Bible why RPGs are evil.
http://www.chick.com/
(Sorry for this link lol)

1stvermont
Major

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 am

ERISS wrote:Yes, the complete cartoon writes many exerpts of the Bible why RPGs are evil.
http://www.chick.com/
(Sorry for this link lol)

sorry this is not in bible or american history [ topic of thread]. I would very much like to see a biblical argument against rpg though, good luck with that. Seems like some really bad athist site.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:24 am

1stvermont
Major

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:34 am

please stop posting, you are off topic and dont even know what you post, you keep posting to king james only stuff,nothing to do with thread or even your original post.

1stvermont
Major

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:40 am

=seathom;347932
original intent was to fight intolerance with more speech, not less speech).

sorry missed this, I just wanted you to notice how contradictory and self refuting this is to your post. You say they meant to be intolerant of Christianity "religion" and promote more speech, by limiting "religious" speech. Do you not see how that would be intolerant toward religion and less speech?

also it is not hard to see you are interpreting through modern liberal teachings on what 1700's americans meant. That is why original intent and original documents are so great, that is why i recommend wallbuilders.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:15 am

1stvermont wrote:"king james only" stuff, nothing to do with thread

The Bible is part of American Christian heritage original source. KingJamesOnly (religion of chick.com) is part of the bigger religion of America, the christian Protestant. The KingJamesBible is even the most common one here, and must have been used by the America founders.
So, KJO stuff (relating to wargame hobby) is surely not complete off-topic here in this thread of this forum.
But okay I stop posting in your thread, if you don't want my free speech.

1stvermont
Major

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:44 pm

ERISS wrote:The Bible is part of American Christian heritage original source. KingJamesOnly (religion of chick.com) is part of the bigger religion of America, the christian Protestant. The KingJamesBible is even the most common one here, and must have been used by the America founders.
So, KJO stuff (relating to wargame hobby) is surely not complete off-topic here in this thread of this forum.
But okay I stop posting in your thread, if you don't want my free speech.

I am saying you posted a cartoon that has to do with the king james bible only debate, a bible the early americans did not use, they used the genva bible. It has nothing to do with early american history.

just for your info, the cartoon and site i looked has nothing on video gaming, but more important neither does the bible or early american history, so off topic.

Return to “General discussions”