Kanno
Civilian

Could someone give me advice on buying ?

Fri May 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Hey everyone ! i've never played an ageod game, i played all the recent Paradox grand strategy games a lot (Hoi3,Eu3,Eu4,CK2,Vicky2,Darkest Hour) and i was getting a bit bored of it (Played it too much i think :D )
So i was thinking in buying an Ageod game but as there is a lot of games i would have liked that someone who owns some of them to give me an advice on what to buy.
I would like a game that would be well explained and preferably not a pain in the ass to learn (Although if the game is good i don't really care about the learning curve.)
My prefered epochs are Napoleonic wars, Antiquity (Like romans the most though.) and the middle ages.
And lastly i would like a game that would keep me busy for sometime.
Thanks for helping me :)

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri May 08, 2015 11:06 pm

The ageod games all play somewhat similar to each other; once you learn how to play one you pretty much learn how to play them all. It can be a bit tough to learn, but some of the more recent games have some good youtube tutorial videos.

Choose a game that meets your era of interest. If you like the Napoleonic wars and the Romans then ageod has you covered. Though I would personally recommend Birth of America 2. For 15$ it has two full campaigns - The French Indian war and the Revolutionary war - almost two games in one. Though it is a bit old-school graphics wise.

Return to “General discussions”