marek1978
Colonel

Best way for AGEOD?

Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 am

I was wondering what is best way to use fantastic tool guys from Ageod created.
I am great fan, playing all the ageod games since Birth of America and I really enjoy both PBEM and single player games.
For the biggest advantage of these games is that they do recreate spirit of the times, give insight in the specific period of history, allow players to slightly change way things happen but do not allow for tottaly ahistorical development.
So it is possible to win civil war as CSA but not to make it biggest naval power on earth…..
Is is possible to bring Italy in to central powers but hard and unlikely.
What I like about those games is that with the event system, engaigment points, and national morale price one need to pay for doing againt public opion of the country it is playing it is hard to do thing that would be almost imposible.
So if there would be game about WW2 it would be hard to see a player making USA join Axis…
With such a fantastic way of recrateing historical events and spirit and ith the system that makes game quite long – with urn based system I was thinking that it would be great if the game would be recrating certain turning points of world history.
Times in which political and miliatr decsiosns were shaping future of the contints and world.
Of course I would liove to see more economy and diplomacy involved in the game – to actually see how coutries compete for market share, for resources and markets.
I would love to see some kind of mechanism that would be pusing coutries for certain policies with creating need to occupy certain territory or declare a war.

Historic periods that could be recrateted that way include:
Times of german and italiaon reunification – 1859 -1871
Balkan wars -1876-1878
Balkan wars 1908-1912
Great Northern War -1700-1721
Spanish succession war
Struggle for Low countries -1667-1698
Chinease Civil War -1937-1949
Tajping Rebbeloin-1851-1864

Such a tittles are long but manageable and could be great campaign games – the genneraly tell the story of one generation and its struggle.
That would be such a change if you compare it with games such as Europa Universalis – paradox titles cover time frames that extend perspective of any real human being and politican.
With 5-20 years time frame it is possible to see it as a REAL political simulation…

Pocus

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:41 am

As you know, committed individuals like Leibstandarte or Altaris were able to do AGEOD games by themselves (Spanish Civil War, First World War). So if you want to dive into the engine, that's possible, but be prepared to some months of 'work'.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:42 pm

Not sure the 'Best way for AGEOD' but don't know if Leibstandarte or Andatiep would commit to those subjects. I doubt they have slight interest. ;)
But it would be cool if Balkan Wars would be simulated. Or at least any secondary game with similar niche subject..
I enjoy Espana very much, thanks to its creators.

Pocus

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 am

Oh and I forgot Andatiep, he is also doing something with the AGE engine :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “General discussions”