Ironclad61
Major

WWI new title... any info???

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Well, we are under 3 months to the centenary of WWI start... maybe some kind of info about the game is interesting, i am specially interested in one thing (apart how work static fronts) and is how the title is going to deal with team games, i want know if the main campaign scen (or other scenarios starting in diferent years) is going to have better divides nations, i refer is not fun 2 players per side because they can coordinate very well.... i allways want a WWI title where at least be 3 players per side, you know, one with germany other with AH and at least other with Ottomans (minors could be controlled by one of the players) and in entente UK, France, Rusia and later Italy, minors could be controlled by the player like with central powers, of course not all for same player.

I am interested on this title because is hard find a good WWI title and specially one with support for team games.

Pocus

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Well, most of the infos are kept under privacy until the Slitherine-Matrix-Ageod convention is done, on May 18th. The main campaign is split in 3 sides, this I can tell you.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ironclad61
Major

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks for the info, well, wait 2 weeks (long weeks hehehe) is not a great problem.

Ummm when you say 3 sides you refer 3 players in total or 3 players per alliance???

I need say i allways want play a WWI game as Ottoman with the "help" of 2 big brothers... well, one is almost as sick as the Ottomans :mdr: this and i never understand what is the point in join in one player France and UK... for me they need be separate.

Cant wait to see the info about game.

PD: expect you dont suffer an accident using flails in the convention :bonk:

Kensai

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Can't wait for all announcements and goodies. Damn, I wish I had some free time to come to the convention myself! And it's so close this year, any lucky goers?
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Ironclad61
Major

Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

A little question, if you can reply it... WWI title is going to use "old" AGE engine like "Spanish civil war" or is going to use the last version from ACWII??? thanks.

PD: damn, if eurovision doesnt be next week sure you can have the event one week early... when an AGEOD title covering "Eurovision: votation wars" :mdr:

PhilThib

Sat May 03, 2014 1:18 pm

New UI like in CW2

anjou
Lieutenant

Sat May 03, 2014 4:00 pm

PhilThib wrote:New UI like in CW2

Thanks for scraps ;p

Ironclad61
Major

Sat May 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks a lot for the info, cant wait to see first images and know more about the game :cool:

wosung

Thu May 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Sounds good:
(From the Slitherixeod Italian castle gathering event thing)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3610047&mpage=1�

"Ageod announces Ageod’s To End All Wars, the latest game using the popular Age Engine.

As the game title suggests, this new strategy game will take place during the Great War, which started exactly a century ago this year.
In End All Wars, you will be able to take command of one of the major alliances which fought for dominance in this brutal conflict. You will take control of the countries, recruiting troops, taking political and diplomatic decisions and manoeuvring your troops to get into the best possible position to break through the enemy defensive lines.

Ageod’s To End All Wars will feature more different units and leaders then ever seen before in an Ageod title, immersing you as much as possible in this highly compelling setting of the Great War. On top of that, To End All Wars will also have a host of interface changes and refinements, making it easier to manage your armies and get the information you need to make those strategically important decisions.

Ageod’s To End All War is planned to release this year, stay tuned for more information."

anjou
Lieutenant

Thu May 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Hmm, I could see the Allied side being split between East and West

Person of Interest

Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 am

anjou wrote:Hmm, I could see the Allied side being split between East and West

Yeah this would make an excellent three-player game. Really looking forward to release.

Ironclad61
Major

Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 pm

I really dont expect another 3 player game... WWI needs 3 VS 3 team support, i never like that one player can command UK+France or German+AH+Ottomans... i think the 6 main nations need be controled by a single player... Italy... well, all depends of scen design and USA in the end can work as an expeditionary force.

Let see, i really expect see info thanks to the special weekend ... 28 July... a good date to release :)

Person of Interest

Sat May 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Ironclad61 wrote:I really dont expect another 3 player game... WWI needs 3 VS 3 team support, i never like that one player can command UK+France or German+AH+Ottomans... i think the 6 main nations need be controled by a single player... Italy... well, all depends of scen design and USA in the end can work as an expeditionary force.

Let see, i really expect see info thanks to the special weekend ... 28 July... a good date to release :)

I agree that it would be ideal for each major to be controlled by a human player but too many players can slow things down quite a bit and spoil the broth. I think two for each alliance would be about perfect but two for the Entente and a single Central player will suffice for me.

Kensai

Sat May 17, 2014 9:56 pm

My experience in the massive PBEM of PON is that more than 5-6 players can quickly complicate things. Unless we have a new method of in-game Dropbox sharing of saves (using Dropbox's API inside the game to automate save games sharing), it is always strenuous to have many players and share their save games in time and efficiently.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Lindi
General

Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 pm

I prefer 1 vs 1, but if modder can create 2 vs 2 can be very good.

Ace

Sun May 18, 2014 7:18 am

2 for the Ententes is a must. After all, Russia dropped out of war a year before its end.

Ironclad61
Major

Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 am

Well, i dont see the problem in divide in 3 sides entente and Central Powers, if you want 1 VS 1 or 2 VS 2 you only need play the A and B nations in separate phases or all the 3 nations one by one.

The point for me is i think main powers need their own "turn" to separate the decisions by nations... be able to have in same area the UK+France decisions is a little... well and same in the other nations.

I really dont remember a WWI title where you can play nation by nation, the AGEOD WWI disapoint me because i need play UK and France as a single side when they have total diferent objetives, same with the Ottomans... the point is in dont have 2 nations using same resources that could finish in gamy situations like for example UK+France use the UK resources to mantein the fleet in improve french navy to dont waste resources reserved to land forces because German player avoid naval fights.

I think 3 VS 3 support is important because if you can play 3 VS 3 you can play 2 VS 2, 1 VS 1, 2 VS 1 or 1 VS 2.

Metatron

Sun May 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Could be interesting to get one scenario 2 vs 1 (the classical UK+FR, Russia vs central powers) and a scenario 3 vs 3. Ageods WWI had a 2 player and a 4 player scenario, so why not a 6 player scenario ? A nice 4 player scenario was made for RoP gold so why not in this case ? maybe some time after the vanilla release.

Ironclad61
Major

Mon May 19, 2014 10:47 am

Well, i find an image in a french web, it looks great, better than i expect... maybe the map is small (i dont say this is bad maybe i prefer the smaller size), turns... 2 per month??? basic unit division??? (at least in non special units maybe?) and looks like France is a separate nation (if is the big campaign and not a scenario covering the first months of war)... expect be this to have support for 3 VS 3 campaigns, if has this for me is an instant buy and after AJE i only do 1 of this.

The attachment home-wargamers-2014-12.jpg is no longer available

Oooo in the web you have to an image of Anibal title and a lot of new Matrix-Slitherine games... i specially like the musket title... TYW :D

http://www.wargamer.fr/home-of-wargamers-2014-welcome-home/
Attachments
home-wargamers-2014-12.jpg

Metatron

Mon May 19, 2014 11:15 am

Looks nice indeed. Hope they didn't simplify things to much, I hate the tendency to simplify games to make them more accessible.

Lindi
General

Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

very very very very nice for me. The map is only for I can see the best map for ageod in graphic. (for me)

Matto
Colonel

Mon May 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Looks sexy :thumbsup:
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Ironclad61
Major

Mon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm

THAT MOUSTACHE!!!! SEXY SEXY :thumbsup:

Nicolas+Cage+13.JPG

I have a little hope to see game 28 of july... :dada:
Attachments
1_1_full-300x225.jpg

Person of Interest

Mon May 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Thank you very much for posting the screenshot Ironclad. The map and unit cards look excellent as expected for an AGEOD title. Can't wait to get more info and a product page/forum.

Matto
Colonel

Tue May 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Another image ... unfortunately comprimed jpg ...

The attachment 0038874.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
0038874.jpg

Matto
Colonel

Tue May 20, 2014 2:12 pm

It looks like World War I only in Europe ... no Africa, no Pacific ... it looks it isn't new version of PON :wacko:

Leibst

Tue May 20, 2014 3:50 pm

This last image seems to be of a minor scenario, maybe the first months of war in the East. Only regions with flag are playable.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Ironclad61
Major

Wed May 21, 2014 10:48 am

A new image, you can see Swiss side and a little of the maybe future italian front.

I read that the way to simulate trench warfare is not specially good:

"The only thing I’ll say about it at the moment is that ‘Trench Warfare’ is kind of glossed over. Units left stationary in a province will build up a defence or fortification level, and that’s about it. You can do some covert or special actions with your troops to try and bring that level down prior to an attack, but I don’t feel this is going to represent the realities of the Western Front that well"

http://www.strategyinformer.com/editorials/28210/best-in-show-home-of-wargamers-2014

After read this i think the same, i dont feel that change in AGE engine enough to cover static fronts, i really expect something more ... complete like use a stack system (you need x stack value in a region to units dug-in in a complete trench system, the stack value change in time to show how you need in late war less troops to from a strong defensive system... and how in certain areas you dont need a lot of troops... i think in Passendale) or an option to build a defensive system and units working as garrisons, if you want attack you need use external units to assault.

Lets see but first info is a little :crying:

Person of Interest

Wed May 21, 2014 1:31 pm

The current engine incorporates slowly increasing entrenchment levels so I don't think it will take to much tweaking to make it accommodate the much more extensive entrenchments of WWI. RUS expanded on the earlier system already and I assume that TEAW will expand it even further. I hope the enhanced engine can approximate the evolution of the war in the West from an initial war of maneuver to a quickly developing and increasingly static war of attrition and at the same time allow the war in the East to continue to be rather fluid. I am certain that some of the new unit types will be specifically aimed toward that goal.

Pocus

Wed May 21, 2014 2:13 pm

I guess nobody want to micro-manage the creation of trenches network, right? :)

Trench warfare is more and more powerful and easier and easier to set as time passes, this is now tweak-able on a per nation, per period basis. Their effects are also even greater than in the later part of the Civil War, and you'll need special units (tanks, stosstruppen, artillery barrage) to really have a good chance of achieving something against strong armies after the maneuvering war is over.
One big aspect of the game was to teach the AI how to form fronts, this leads naturally to all of it entrenched.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “General discussions”